A question about singers...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Skrybe SK, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

Aiite...I got this homegirl who can blow her ass off. She has pipes like seriously....Ok ...so i had her in my little booth doing a hook for me but I have no idea about where to begin as far as layering vocal tracks. Its pretty clearly that I need to do her singing vocals differently than my rapping vocals but I dont know what to do. I ended up having her sing my hook in falsetto because I couldnt get the levels to sound right with her singing from her stomach....needless to say an entire hook sung in falsetto sounds kinda funny. It really doesnt do her voice ANY justice. So basically if anyone has any pointers as far as how far i need to move her from the mic or whatever Id appreciate it. I had her record several times at different distances but It either came out really airy or it was really loud and popping. Im also not sure what the best echo to use on her vocals is and Im not sure if I should have her harmonize with herself on the doubles or if I should have her sing her add-libs in the same key as the main.

any help or advice is much obliged.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.