A post 2000 very good album will still be better than a classic from the 90's...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Butch Coolidge, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

yes... ANY BEAT...

it's not that hard... I can't sing but I can write singin' shit and you can... it's actually easier to sing than spit cuz you elongate (dunno if that's how you spell it) a word and stretch it by singin' it so it's easier to fit in the bar structure...

are you an MC and/or get in the studio? you should know this if you do
    test
  2. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

singin is much harder than rappin unless u have the octaves. i have worked with many different singers and singing is much harder because u have to always be in tune and not all singers can do that. what you just stated about makes it seem like u have no fuckin idea what ur talkin about

pz
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm talkin' about stayin' within a bar structure........... I know EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about... I've been in studios left 'n right with singers and MC's... it's easier for a singer to time the bars because they can just stretch a word by harmonizse it while a rapper has the words chopped up word for word so he has to time each word exactly to catch the end of a loop..............

SINGING is harder than flowin' a verse of course cuz not everyone has the voice... that's an obvious

but writin' a rap verse (a good one) is harder than writin' a singing verse............
    test
  4. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i didnt read one word in this thread

but this is the worst thread ive ever seen on this site

fucking fucktard
    test
  5. Gripp

Gripp New Member

People collect classic cars. They're valuable and vintage and cool to see. They were great cars when they came out. Because of this, they have sentimental value and historical value, so people keep them around.

This does not mean they run better than new cars, or that new cars aren't good because they build on technology introduced in old cars.

Why shouldn't new hip-hop albums be better? You've got corporations with millions of dollars invested in the success of music, and teams of engineers working to ensure that the music sounds good. How can that compare to one-man-show beats made in ninety-something before hip-hop blew up? Art progresses. It'd be disappointing if music today wasn't better than old music.
    test
  6. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

WORD THE FUCK UP MAN.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

VERY WELL PUT... I LOVE ANALOGIES AND YOU PUT IT EXACTLY HOW I FEEL...

Butch's point makes sense but I don't agree with his examples and his logic isn't always there........
    test
  8. dj battle cry

dj battle cry Active Member

i only agree with the dre albums
    test
  9. Butch Coolidge

My examples?
    They follow the same logic as Gripp's.

They follow THE logic.
    test
  10. yastrugglin

yastrugglin New Member

It's funny how mutha fuckas on message boards say stupid shit to get people worked up, and it succeeds.

First, the Butch Coolidges of the world are as biased in their opinions about hip hop when they're growing up, (right now) as I or someone in my generation is about their opinions of hip hop when they were growing up.

Second, do the people who believe what Butch is saying think that's only related to rap? Why isn't anyone putting out better stuff than what the Beatles made in the 60s? It's been 40 years and technology has definitely changed so does this cross all genre's, or is it just rap music, and why?
    test
  11. Satongale

Satongale New Member

Hahaha, the kid can't be serious.
    test
  12. Butch Coolidge

Musically, there are better things since the Beatles (whatever the type of music, Michael Jackson, Queen, Led Zeppelin...Ennio Morricone)

Rap's evolution is just more obvious cause it's a "young" music compared to other genres.
    Back in the days, rap was just a mean to express thoughts, music wasn't that important...Rappers didn't want to be popular. With time, rap became more melodic, more entetaining...That's why rap's better and...........more popular.

Peace.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nah, but some of the examles you compared to classics aren't even GOOD albums... they shouldn't be compared with those classics....
    test
  14. Butch Coolidge

You're talkin' about The Giancana Story?
    test
  15. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

If you put a shiny new coat of paint on your beat up old chevy... it doesn't make it a brand new car. A riced out SHO from the early 90's can still outperform alot of the highest end cars today... this analogy isn't too tightnight depending on the price range.

You don't have a speedometer on music, man - there isn't a way to quantify it's performance like that. A beautiful voice recorded 60 years ago, playing on a victrola is gonna click and hiss compared to a CD - but it's still a beautiful voice.

The technology available to producers today is insane and allows for much greater possibility than ever before... but if you don't have the raw talent, creativity, and ear for putting together a dope beat like both Primo AND Kanye - then your beats are just going be perfectly engineered garbage.
    test
  16. Butch Coolidge

What a gay.

I have to agree. Illmatic is better than any Aesop Rock or MF Doom recent shits.
    But take a VERY GOOD ALBUM of today and a VERY GOOD or CLASSIC album of 94...The most modern will still be betta.

I don't even have to talk about technologies. If you don't feel rap is more melodic, more musical and in the same fuckin time : more popular, then you're just a fuckin moron.

If a very good album like CHEERS'd been drop in 93, it'd been a fuckin CLASSIC...One of the greatest of all time.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.