A post 2000 very good album will still be better than a classic from the 90's...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Butch Coolidge, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Em ripped that track to peices... those aren't even some of Biggie's nicer verses IMO, and he's talking about messed up shit just like Em was. Lyrical content means nothing without dope rhymes... 'cause this is rap and you don't give speeches, you rhyme as dope as you can. It's not just what you say, it's how you say it...

By the logic that Biggie's verse had superior content, but inferior rhymes by comparison... to Em's super rhymes and inferior content - then they're both equally good in their own way. That's only logical, right?
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I think Em's content was ALMOST AS GOOD (if not as good) and his lyricalle is about 10 stories from the ground floor Biggie's standin' on
    test
  3. X sample

X sample New Member

haha, fuck yeah...

how insanely moronic is this dude!

lmao

i know opinion is opinion but butch yours are so misguided and retarded...ahaha
    test
  4. j$crILLa

j$crILLa ~$crillVille~

gayest topic in history
    test
  5. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

like most rappers of today they can say a lot of things better than how Biggie said it so long ago...like ten years ago...but that doesn't mean it's better...ya feel me?

Technically that rhyme scheme and flow was a lot better than BIG's shit but what BIG said in his rhymes was better...feel me?

Eminem could have talked about some better shit...the shit he spit sounded like some Brotha Lynch Hung type of shit with the devil worshipping... it just didn't sound right with the type of song they were going for. That's probably what i've been trying to say. The verse was out of place on the song. But whatever....I don't care anymore...we both made our points
    test
  6. j$crILLa

j$crILLa ~$crillVille~

ANDtheMC you seem to be talib dick rider... and eminem nut swallower, not hating on them 2 mc's but they have nothin on 2pac, nas, biggie c'mon man
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

lmfao... jus' because I say they're better than them I'ma dickrider and nut swallower!?!?! shut the fuck up... I can name more MC's that are better than all of 'em... so I must be on all their nuts right!?!?! dumbass muh'fucka... you're the type of closeminded muh'fucka that thinks if someone else thinks other than you, the other person is automatically wrong

I didn't just state they're better without evidence... I stated fact after fact after fact... I've studied lyricism for 6-7 years... ummm... I 'm sure I know who's a better lyricist than you do....... I like 'em because they're dope... I don't think they're dope cuz I like 'em

get it straight

OH YEAH, and I must be on Talib's nuts so bad that I can name a dozen MC's I think are better than him EVEN though he's my favorite MC at the moment... c'mon, GET REAL!!!
    test
  8. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge New Member

Fuckin idiot.

Kanye West makes better music behind his keybord than a piper.
    With his keyboard he can use pipe.....piano, violons, vocals..etc..It's...huh...musically larger.
    DO YOU UNDERSTAND ?

OK...Music of orchestra from 1875 to pop music of 2004...Still instrumentation, still a rythm, still melodies...What exactly changed? THE VISION OF MUSIC moron.

Beatmakers changed their vision of rap and "musicalized" it....they use the same techniques, but differently to make it mo' musical.

It's like comparin' a Sega Genesis to a Playstation 2...Still games, still keyboards, still on TV BUT WAY MORE DEVELLOPED RIGHT NOW.
    test
  9. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I ain't never used a keyboard on the Sega Genesis.

It's not graphical acheivements that can be measured objectively by framerate, pixel and polygon count, image resolution, RAM and processing speed... it's music, man. The shit sounds good, it is good and your breakdown of what Kanye's equipment can do? Dog, no machine is going to beat out a full orchestra... it's the epitome, the very pinnacle of freedom with music composition - the raw talent, skill, and creativity of hundreds of musicians at your disposal to make any array of sounds you want. It says nothing for his skill as a producer to base his merits on the production equipment he uses - you're going in circles saying it's because he's more musical, but then defeating your own arguement by saying he's more musical because of the equipment he uses.
    test
  10. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Ayatollah did "Ms. Fat Booty," not Premo. "Mathematics" was the only track Premo did on that album. But other than that, I agree with most of the points you're makin. Premo is--and always will be--the man.
    test
  11. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Ever heard "Devil's Pie" by D'Angelo or the "7 Days" remix by Craig David? Those beats fit pretty well, IMO.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

OH SHIT!!! g'shit... I forget about 7 Days... the remix with Mos Def is ILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! props for makin' me reminisce... lol
    test
  13. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Premo did some shit for Common where Bilal sings, and other tracks where chicks sing, so I dunno what Bitch Coolidge is talking about.

Pz
    test
  14. 1-Kauzt

1-Kauzt The Missing Element

LOL!! that muthafucka dunno shit
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

YEAH, I already said that.. the track with Bilal is Sixth Sense... one of the illest Common songs of all-time....
    test
  16. Butch Coolidge

Well..
    He made sound where a singer made a CHORUS of 4 bars...That's really representative !

Fuckas.
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Well the 7 Days song is an ENTIRE SONG... The remix with Mos Def is ridiculous... Craig David ripped that song... Premo laced that track REAL tight... cut off the circulation on the toes
    test
  18. Butch Coolidge

1 track.
    Premo's beats aren't musical enough to fit to singers like Kanye's.

I mean All Falls Down, this Way, My Way, Movie, Never Let Me Down, Jesus Walks, Two Words...

It'd fit to singers too
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Once Again, Any Half Decent Song-writing Singer Can Write A Song To almost Any Beat!!!
    test
  20. Butch Coolidge

On a repetitive beat with a 2 bars loop?

Nah.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.