a pet peeve of mine

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Offbeat, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

lol agreed. Game over.
    test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

My point is there is a V6 designed for an Accord. There was no 195hp engine designed for the CRX... at all.

My car isn't a drag car... It's ment for the street, and to be fast on the street. The cars that own the track, you don't see on the street. Shoot, I could put a boost controller on a GSX and own the race spot in Hartford, but goin to the track I'll have to race more than hobbyists.

True... but it's my opinion on the matter. I don't mean to make people who think it's cool to feel like I think they suck, I just want to say I don't have respect for that, and it's not something I'de do, for obvious reasons.

Exactly... most of the rides revving at me are Altimas, Civics, etc... I've only raced 3 true performance cars: Acura RSX-S, Nissan 300ZX, and an Audi A4.

No; I've refused to race the kid with the DX. I will not contribute to the problem. Hopefully, no one with a sports car will race him and he will realise he needs to buy one for himself to get some respect. Wow, I can understand you being the devil's advocate and all, but calling my car SLOW, is really out there... Look, I do know it is possible to get low numbers with a cheap, shitty, non-race platform. This I know. This I do not like.

1. I don't know of the big block 502 crate to speak on it....

2. Sure. Sounds good to me. I know of a few base SOHC Stealth owners who put in a DOHC. I mean, the engine was made for the car! Also, my boy wants to put the 200hp Camaro engine in his 160hp version.

3. LOL.....
    test
  3. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

^your an idiot, hahahahahah he called a RSX-S a TRUE performance car, yet my 240sx is garbage, bwhahahahah

"My car isn't a drag car... It's ment for the street, and to be fast on the street"

^Explain that one...
    test
  4. Polar

1. Theres nothing to know. Its just a crate engine you can buy specifically to put under the hood of whatever you can fit it in. According to what you're saying, its wrong to put any engine in any car unless said engine was originally built and sold in that model of automobile. So what I'm asking, is basically....Are you saying you have no respect for the thousands of old school hot rodders who used to (and still do) put big block engines under the hood of their chopped 30's fords and chevys?? Because this is EXACTLY the same principal.

2. So it would be wrong for him to drop a 502 in it assuming he could afford it?? If your friend wants more power, and he's willing to do an engine swap......why go half ass?? Fuck, at least put an LS1 in there.

3. I guess not.

Couple more questions for you. I like your answers because I find them truly amazing coming from someone who acts like he really wants to be an enthusiast.

1. If an RSX-S is a true sports car, then why is'nt an Altima. The new Altima can hang with or smoke an RSX-S in the 1/4 you know.

2. Do you really consider Mustangs and Camaros "Sports cars"??

BTW, yes a 195HP (B18C5) engine was designed for the CRX. You see because the CRX, Civic, and Integra share platforms. So essentially it was designed for that platform. Just because it wasnt actually put into a CRX from the factory doesnt mean it wasnt built for that platform. Thats why there is so much swapping going on with Civic's. B-series engines fit into them all with little to no mods.

I guess I dont know where else to go with this. Its just that you can only do so much with engine "A", but if with engine "B" you could do just that much more...why not?? I'll be the first to say if you want a fast car, get somthing thats at least got some balls to start with. Some people love the idea of turning a car that wasnt meant to be a fast car into one though. Its a challenge. I understand, engine swaps are not your thing, and thats your opinion. You cant sit there and say you have no respect for them though. Thats just being retarded. I mean fuck, I dont like to listen to country music, but I respect country musicians as artist because whether I like it or not they are in FACT artists. You feel me??
    test
  5. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

1. An Altima is a performance car in the sense it is fast... nothing more. Shoot, the new Caddy SUVs can hit 13's, and I'de expect the Dodge Ram SRT-10's to do 13's as well - dosen't make it a performance car.

2. Yeah.

I can and I do; it dosen't mean I have to shit talk about them though - which I won't do anymore.

Different strokes for different folks.
    test
  6. Polar

Quote=Me

"Are you saying you have no respect for the thousands of old school hot rodders who used to (and still do) put big block engines under the hood of their chopped 30's fords and chevys?????? Because this is EXACTLY the same principal."
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

read polar's post... the b series engines are very interchangeable....and just cuz they weren't put in the car originally, doesn't mean that they're not there for the same platform

what's that supposed to mean???????? I see plenty of drag cars on the street...
    I'm sure they're deeply hurt that you lack respect for someone who took on a challenge

uhmmm....ok...

and what is the "problem" exactly?? that someone can beat you with a civic?? and why should he need to buy a "sports car" to get respect???? obviously if that's what he thought, he wouldn't be using a civic... Why don't you like that someone can get low numbers and good performance out of a car not originally designed for that level of performance?? just because it wasn't designed that way doesn't mean that it can't work just as well.... computers weren't built for gaming or the internet, they were built to process numbers, and while on a complex level, they still do, this was not the intent of the computer... pussy wasn't made to be eaten, but is there a problem with me enjoying doing so?????? come on man your argument is illogical

oh wait, shit guys, we're gonna play him with his own word..

you're just HATING on kids cuz they can smash you with an econobox isn't that so??????

quit arguing then.... learn about cars and then come back, and not because of the particular model, but if we said any big block or any crate motor you'd still be confused...
    :gothem: you do know that in a lot of these cars drivetrain parts are not the same between the different engines right?? so you have to upgrade...shit, wouldn't that be the same as doing so on a civic???? hmmm?????? come on now man!!

my thoughts exactly kid, my thoughts exactly
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

test
  9. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

It means I want my car driveable. I want to keep most of the luxuries I have in it. The cars MAIN purpose is to get me from point A to point B, looking good. Speed comes in only 2nd. The people with Civics that are hitting 13's and lower obviously feel that speed is whats most important.

Dude, that's not a challange at all. I've seen 3 engine transplants done and I'm sure me and a friend could take an Integra engine and put it in a Civic without a problem.

Well, sports cars are for racing. Civics are for getting good gas mileage. Let's leave it that way.

No, not exactly. I wouldn't mind racing and losing to 4 bangers, as long as they were sports cars. I wouldn't even try racing a Civic though. There's two outcomes for that: A) It's not a fair match. or B) The car is modded and can get better numbers than me... If a Civic wants to race, let it race another Civic.

Dude, the way I see it, is yes, my car has high mileage, 157k, just recently hit 157k as a matter of fact, and yes the nitrous is going to put even more wear on it. But the way I see it, it's one of the best mods I can do for my car considering the fact I'm not putting a turbo or a supercharger on the car. I don't have much money, I'm working with what I got. As far as performance, this is what I'm doing with my car: Intake, Gutted Cats and Pre Cats, Nitrous, Lightweight Flywheel, Underdrive Pulley, Short Throw Shifter, Carbon Fiber Hood, LSD, and then I'm DONE modding the car for performance. Done. And as long as this car lasts me 3 years, I can save up over these years to get my VR-4. A lightly modded 3000GT with a 75 shot can break into the 13s. And that's all I need. I live in the north east, I already have one of the faster cars that races. Me, the guy with the 5.0, and the 300ZX OWN the racing scene in Hartford.

Nothing at all. But instead of $5000 into making a Civic fast, why not start out with something better. Get a GSX, or an Integra, Prelude, Supra MKIII...
    test
  10. trifle

trifle New Member

I see many cars that hit the strip on the weekend and still have systems, video, etc...
    it's even less of a challenge just leaving the car stock....

I don't get this...but ok....

Whether the car is as "elite" in the "supercar" status as yours or not, what's it matter, as long as it's a formidable opponent, a 14 second 3000gt, a 14 second mustang, a 14 second civic...what's it matter what the car is??

Props on a mitsu engine lasting that long, but seriously, I'd just keep it stock...You're one of the luckier ones....You don't wanna accelerate any problems that you may have... 157K is a lot of mileage to start modding a car with unless throwing a new engine in there... I have a good idea that in 3-4 years you may not want a 3000gt anymore though, just try to drive some other cars if you can, I think you'll find better performers, maybe not the looks you like but ehhh... and there aren't any rich fucks with bimmers and stuff around CT??

you pull up beside a supra, you expect something..

you pull up beside a civic, you don't expect the same thing...

I knew a guy that raced a POS looking 70-something pinto, but it had a 427 in it, granted this was a TRACK car, though it was driveable elsewhere...but it ran fast as hell...6's in the 1/8...

I'd love to take your everyday car that like as you said, can enjoy your luxuries in, and make it fast as hell... a 580hp maxima was on ebay, vg30tt motor swap if i'm not mistaken, that thing would be pimp as hell
    test
  11. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

Yeah I know. I seen an Integra with mad shit in it INCLUDING a child seat (lol) and it still did 11's. But the thing had an Integra engine in it. It just had alot of work done. I'm already losing alot of hp at the crank. My engine puts out 222hp, but I think I'm getting around 170ish to the wheels. There's a FWD 3000GT with a mere 187fwhp but it pulls off 14.1's consistantly.

True in a way. But it is a challange getting the loot to buy a fast car from the factory! :) I don't know though, I don't think I could leave any car I own stock - unless it was like a pickup/SUV/etc. Anything with a V6 or V-Tec is begging for work to be done!

Making a 3000GT or Mustang hit a 14 flat is alot harder than making a Civic hit a 14 flat.

I keep the car well maintained... Look man, my car is a low 15 second car. That's not enough for me, especially with the car I have. It looks like my car should be faster than it is, and if I'm putting down those kinds of numbers, it's going to create a worse reputation to a car that already has a bad rep and alot of ignorance around it.

Hey, I like a bunch of cars... If I weren't going to have a 3000GT I'de go buy a GSX, a MR-2 turbo, a Supra... ya know, something like that. But A VR-4 can hit the high 13's stock. If I put a boost controller on, and change the turbos - I'll be very happy.

Yeah, a 318. That's a slow car. He bought a Beamer, and my friend beat him with his (the Beamer owner) old Civic. The BMW in question is more than my weight and pushing like 13xhp.

Yeah, but how's that look?? Seriously. Remember the video of the Rabbit obliterating the MKIV Supra?? That was a travesty.
    test
  12. trifle

trifle New Member

if you're losing 25% to the front wheels, something is wrong... then again with the aging of your car i'm sure the hp numbers have dropped

there are v-tec 4 bangers are there not?? so there's even MORE work to be done to a 4 cyl right??

After reading this, I really shouldn't reply to anything else, I will let some of the others handle this comment... this is freaking insane...

What do you know about the previous 15XK miles tho?? Did everyone else treat it well... regardless, 157k is a lot of miles to start modding at... I'm just saying if you want your engine to last, I wouldn't go trying to run a lot more power through it

yeah but there are so many other great choices

isn't hartford a nice area?? no one else has somewhat fast cars??

Yeah, but how's that look???? Seriously. Remember the video of the Rabbit obliterating the MKIV Supra???? That was a travesty.[/QUOTE]
    test
  13. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I was going to leave this topic alone...but

[nonono]
    In a perfect world maybe, but in reality that is so far from the case. Every mustang besides the v6 runs 14's stock... And the Gt's can run low 14's... so easily with an exhaust you can run 14's flat. So I don't get that at all.
    test
  14. Polar

Its like talking to a brick wall man.
    test
  15. trifle

trifle New Member

LMAoo I shoulda left it alone like I said earlier, couldn't even follow my own preaching :)
    test
  16. Kraylen

*giggles like a school girl*
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

That's just the nature of the 3000GT. The VR-4 supposedly only puts 230awhp to the ground, which is basically saying it loses 90hp @ the crank.

Yeah, there's a ton of possibilities.

Well, it depends on what Mustang you're talking about. There's so many out there that race V6/5.0/GT... Obviously the Cobra already does low 13s, and the GT is almost at 14 already...

Well, there's plusses and minuses of doing anything. If I leave the engine as is, I won't be as happy as I will with having work done to it at the expense of an early demise.

lol no. Hartford is NOT a nice area.
    test
  18. SlaveNameIsBob

SlaveNameIsBob Massa luvs me

Ummm no.. since you said 25% loss to the Front wheels is much different from all wheels. What the fuck are you saying. You don't loose ANYTHING to the crank. the crank numbers are consistent with any numbers you see on the internet. The wheel HP is what is being lost.

New Cobra's run 12's. U will rarely find a stock 5.0, so u can assume they are running 14's. A V6 shouldn't even be considered a mustang.

How old is your car. Anyway if you don't have a VR-4 and you are trying to make this car fast.................................................... time to think about trading her in. Cause the car is FWD, a v6 with absolutely a shitty aftermarket scene. I would be surprised to see your car run a 15.5.
    test
  19. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

^ Well the car will already hit the low 15's so it dosen't really matter. The general consensus is an avg driver will get a 15.4. I'm just trying to touch the 13's... and if not, so be it. I ain't spending any more money on the car after the shit I said gets done.
    test
  20. Kraylen

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.