a pet peeve of mine

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Offbeat, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

honda engine swaps...

i can't stand motherfuckers man, it's gettin rediculous. all i hear is shit talk from this dude with a dx with an si motor in it. supposedly he's doin high 14's, which i doubt, it's an estimate which i dunno how he came up with it. "I can keep up with you, and I only have a single overhead cam"

bullshit in my opinion, it's still a honda, and still not a sports car. your engine sucks, thats why u need an engine from another car, and your weight is what makes you quick... your car wasn't ment to be fast. leave it to the sports cars, sport compacts, and the grand touring cars to do that...
    test
  2. King Furby

King Furby New Member

riiiiggghhtt...

my boys 86 hatch has a B16.. all motor ran a 14.2 ... compared to your 15.7 thats fast.

other boy has a K20 in his 91 hatch... all motors... ran a 14.3 ... faster than your car

My other boy has a turbo GSR in his EG... Ran a 12.9

ahh and my favorite... my homie charlie has a supercharged H22 in his Ek9... hasnt ran at the track yet, but wooooo...

Then again your known for hating on cars that are faster than yours but you payed more. ha
    test
  3. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

So what your saying is that its retarded to do engine swaps? Why pick on just Honda owners? They arent the only people that are swapping engines for more power. They certainly arent the first gear heads to do engine swaps. I understand that you are probably frustrated with some rice boy that has a swap, and loves to brag, but doing engine swaps is somthing gear heads have been doing since the invention of the car. Think about this. Do you think it was wrong for the big car companies like GM and Ford to drop in big blocks and strip luxury items out of cars that werent originally built for that back in the 60's? Thats how the muscle car era began. Its the same thing today. Its just not big blocks and big chevy's. Its DOHC 4's and honda hatches.
    test
  4. King Furby

King Furby New Member

It would have been hard as fuck to pull 519hp out of my stock KA24DE
    test
  5. SEIK

SEIK New Member

Can you please tell me what tha fuck a camshaft has to do with speed? As far as I know it is strictly used for engine timing and to push down on a valve to let the AFR in.
    test
  6. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

a) i got a 15.1 car :)

b) it still does not make it a good car. it's still a POS.

all this swapping is kid stuff, YOUR CAR WASN'T DESIGNED TO BE A RACE PLATFORM. it's gay.

i mean, at least work with what you got. put some forced induction on the engine, not the engine from another car.

i have the same distate for my boy who wants to but an m3 motor in his 318.. get the fuck outta here. these cars are not sports cars. if u wanna be that fast, get a bike
    test
  7. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Supercharged and turbo preludes are slow. I raped them on a consistent basis. The biggest dissappointment was a Greddy turbo Prelude that my cousins car that had chip/full exhaust/ and intake on a 02 GTI, beat him by 2 car lengths. From a stop and from a roll.

But on a whole for civics. Get used to it Rich... cheap cars with many engine choices for swaps. Light weight, and enough money can net you some nice numbers.
    test
  8. Polar

Dude, seriously...No offence, but did you just get into cars yesterday? Read my post above again. Why build on what you have when it would probably be cheaper and give you even more power to just get a different engine. And what fun would it be if everyone drove bikes? [dunno]
    test
  9. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

I Got A Dx.. But I Could Careless About Speed.. I'm A Proud 98 Civic Dx Owner :)
    test
  10. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

If that's the case, why even get the car???? It's not a racing car, at all. period. end of story. no respect for shitboxes that do 13's.

at least what Kray has, is a sports car with a real engine.

Taking a civic, and putting a different civic engine in it is stupid. there is nothing raceworthy about the car at all.
    test
  11. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Y Worry About It Tho.. Ur Not Payin For It.. Ur Not Driving It..
    test
  12. trifle

trifle New Member

Dude you just got your fucking first car and you're going to tell everyone what to do with theirs? Grow the fuck up kid... Even if it wasn't your first car, you don't really know shit about them... I never claimed to be a big performance head but at least I don't spout off at the mouth over stupid shit...

So lemme guess... Saleen putting an SC 351 into a Mustang is stupid? How about instead of going with the stock 160hp motor in the stealth they put the same motor that your car has, is that stupid? Is it stupid to produce both a I4 and V6 accord, altima, etc?? Should I feel ashamed if I put a larger motor into an older car such as what Polar suggested?

Be unique someday ok?? If you wanna be just like everyone else that's cool, but stop fucking hating on everyone else... You say that we hate on you cuz you drive a car that looks like an exotic car (which it fucking doesn't), based on some old fucktard thinking that it was a ferrari or lambo or whatever in the fuck it was... No one fucking hates on you, they just realize how stupid you sound...

People do this shit to show individuality, for the challenge, etc ... Quit getting butthurt cuz there are a million civics that can assrape your piece of shit heavy, slow car... Damn kid...

And oh yeah, before I forget, first it was the best run that you've heard anyone doing in your car was 15.1 at the track, now it's the previous owner??? get your STORIES straight kid... if you're gonna contradict yourself, don't do it on here... tell one story here and another elsewhere...
    test
  13. King Furby

King Furby New Member

^owned..... again...
    test
  14. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

Sex wasn't designed to be used for recreational purposes, is that your excuse for not getting pussy?
    test
  15. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

3rd

The lowest HP any 3000GT/Stealth had was 167. That was used in all the base models in 1997 and after. That was a SOHC engine, the DOHC's had 222 untill 1997, when they made them 212. The Stealth and 3000GT are basically the same car, different badging anyways. It's like a Talon/Eclipse/Laser.. same thing.

No, not really. The V6 was designed for the Accord, the Integra engine was designed for the Integra.

Not ashamed, just know that your car isn't fast.

I'de say people do it because they don't want to spend money/time or have a challange with their car.

CRX shell = $300. Integra Type R motor = $2000. Cost of total package = $2300. Appx times = 13's with ease.

My car a POS? Please.... At the end of the day, they're still driving a Civic and I'm still driving a 3000GT. It's like the Neon beating the Viper. Or the 1g DSM beating the Corvette. Or Kraylen's car beating the Lambo... But then again, that's only my opinion. I'm sure loads of people would rather have a CRX than a Lamborghini. That's just me though...

Actually the fastest time a 3000GT, it was actually a Stealth R/T, did all motor was 14.1 verified, even though the kid claimed to do 13's all motor. But the previous owner of my car has done a 15.1.
    test
  16. King Furby

King Furby New Member

Wow your an idiot... the V6 didnt appear until later 90's models of the accord... 90% of them are equipped with 4 bangers.

How is a small car with an engine swap not fast? Maybe if you swapped a metro motor into a starion or something... then again you probably dont even know what a starion is

WTF do you mean spend money, not everyone has rich parents that can buy them cars. I'd sure as hell rather spend 4 G's total and build a 13 second DSM then spend 10 grand on a GT that runs 17's

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Those cars will also get more props than your stock boat. Unmodified 3000GT's dont win awards buddy.

I thought you ran a 15.1 pinochio.... Newsflash: 14.1 all motor in a V6 isnt really fast...
    test
  17. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

My point: Accords do come with V6's stock.

The combonation of a light frame and an engine that was designed for a heavier car dosen't exactly do it for me.

Agreed. If I were to spend 10 grand, the car must be in the 14's. I paid $4500 for my car, and it's a good buy. I like how it looks, it's fun to drive, and has speed. It's not a car that's going to beat modded cars, but it is good when racing stock sports cars / commonly modded project cars. I don't have alot of money either man, that's why I got a base instead of a VR-4. Maybe I'll get a VR-4 some time in the future, but this is good for me for now. When I'm done I'll be in the 13's and that's fine for what I do. My taste is a balance of looks and speed, when I only have 1 car.

I'm saying people do swaps because it's cheap, not because it's "inventive". At the race spot down in Hartford it's common for a Civic hatch to have an Integra motor in it. Very few people race true sports cars.

My car is not a show car, my car is not a track car. My car is a street car that looks good and can hold it's own in a street race.

14.1 is fast. It's not unbeatable, but it's better than most.
    test
  18. Polar

So, they come with 4's stock too. Your point means dick.

Then I hope you stay happy with what you have, because you'll never make it on the performance side of motorsports with an attitude like that.

Thats fine. Thats no reason to come in here hating on engine swapping though

Like what? Mustangs, Camaros? Explain.

After reading your posts I've come to the conclusion that you have probably had your ass handed to you by some form of hybrid Honda on more than one occasion, and its really pissed you off because you went out and bought what you think is a sports car, when its actually just a watered down slow girly version of a real sports car. You cant handle the fact that its possible, and relatively cheap to drop a bigger and better engine into a lighter car, still have that car look good, and smoke your ass out on the street on the daily. Theres a reason all the hybrids at the track look like ass though. Its because they are there for one reason, and one reason only.......to race. They arent there to win show awards. They are there to run the quarter mile as fast as they possibly can. Thats why you get the biggest engine, in the lightest car. Lightweight+Horsepower=More Speed! Remember dat shit.

Now answer some questions for me.

1. Is it wrong for me to drop a big block 502 crate engine in a 69 Camaro?

2. Is it wrong to drop a DOHC VTEC B16 from a 99-00 Si into a 99-00 Civic EX Coupe that has a SOHC in it?

3. Have you ever heard of the word "MODIFICATION"?
    test
  19. trifle

trifle New Member

Polar, it's obvious that ill Rich knows everything about cars, and only his opinion is valid, and we're just hating on his supercar ferrari look-alike...

We should probably hop off of his dick, because though he's the only one arguing his side, he's not hating, and certainly an expert in this field...
    test
  20. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

hahah@watered down girly sports car
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.