A New Producer To The Board But Definately Not The Game, 3 Beats To Spark Ya Interest

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by Ekko_Da_Villian, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

You from Hazel Crest?
    my boy just moved out there his name is La-Q or LA Dash.
    Heard of em?
    To the beats...

Soldier Status - I'm likin this one, the horn and bell work is real nice. Kinda Southern/Chi-Town to it. Some of these sounds sound like the Triton shit I heard before.
    The hook part is cool, I think you could of flipped the melody on somethin different, while the verse was playing I was hearin like some Fast String work for the hook. Still a good beat, could be a serious street classic.

We fuckin Tonight - This one ain't smooth in the intro at least. It's comin off more funeral sounding. I don't picture this as a Smooth R N B cutt but more like a Legit Ballas track.
    The congos is dope, the sitars... everything strings. I think you got a good original sound to your shit. I can tell you're polished at it.

The Game Remix. Not liking this. The drums are clippin and shit. The quality is bad, the whole shits clipping.
    I like your Chi town shit better. This is tight once the other snare hits, I'm just not a fan of the constant drums... it would be way tighter if you did that just for the hook and left the verses normal. I just don't think it matches the track... it would be fire for HIGHER tho. This has a good vibe for the Higher song seriously.

overall, you got some good shit.
    Welcome to the Boards.
    test
  2. Ekko_Da_Villian

Ekko_Da_Villian Fuck Bullshit..Live Life

Yeah, i aint like that Game remix too much either, but I wanted to post 3 but oh well. It must be the acapella that's clippin caz my shit mastered pretty nice. Thnx for the love tho, naw I don't live in Hazel Crest, I'm actually in Markham now. U From da Chi? I really don't get down with them lame azz Hazel Crest ~~~~~z so I don't even know what to tell u fam
    test
  3. Jobe

Jobe Who you think I are?

soldier status - the only thing i really felt in regards to this beat was the fact that you switched it up often. it sounded sort of empty, drums were pretty flat....not my type of shit....

we fucking tonight - yeah, i like this one more. the drums still sound sort of flat....but the instrumentation is pretty dope. i don't know if this'd get me in the mood to bone my broad...it's not on some al green shit...but it's definitely pretty damn smooth. props on this one....

emixx - the drums in this one are a lot thicker. i liked the vibe of this....on some battle shit. this one is more my steez....it's a little bit distorted in the bass department, but that's not something that'd be very difficult to fix. i can't stand g-unit, though....would've enjoyed this more if it was just the instrumental, but hey...i'm sure your objective in making beats isn't to please the weird white dude...hahha

anyways...now that i've heard your beats i could understand why you didn't like mine very much. if you listen to music for the sole purpose of duplicating what you've heard in the past, then chances are you shouldn't check anymore of my shit out. regardless, thanks for the feedback...peace
    test
  4. P R I M O

I stayed on the Northside, never been to Hazel Crest. My boy told me its rich snobby mothafuckas there.

But yeah, If you find that Game - Higher acapella.... put it to that beat I bet it'll sound raw.
    I used to stay in Evanston, shit was lame... but I'm livin in Florida now

Keep doin that shit man.
    test
  5. Ekko_Da_Villian

Aw Northside huh, I got jumped out there by some Satan Disciples in Humboldt Park, but yeah I was jus tryna do somethin outside my usual sounds, wait til u heard my next beat i drop mayne.....imma peep ya shit out some more too
    test
  6. P R I M O

A black Man got no bidnes in Humboldt Park
    They think every n1gga is a Banger.

Thats wassup man, I'm gonna put some more shit up
    test
  7. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

man soundclick is being wack right now

I'll hit these later on tho don't worry
    test
  8. DevaStationXRS

DevaStationXRS Cut Throat

decent shyt.... i liked the first two the best.... and with the first one soundin a lil empty.. thats not nessicerily a bad thing if u gotta emcee with a bananas type style... cuz hell fill that up swiftly.. but yeah was feelin the bells.. i do that shyt alot too... and the second one was just bananas.... just imagine what most of us producers could do with better Equip. tho..i aint even gotta say it....n good looks on peepin my shyt back there...

keep bangin em out .. 1un
    test
  9. Ekko_Da_Villian

Thnx for da love mayne, 1
    test
  10. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

we fuckin tonight...don't like the intro but once the bass drops the shit is real nice...WHOA@those strings u got...the violins and the others...nice synths on the hook or switchup...I'd mess with the mix and let the drums (mainly snare/claps and hihats) pop out more...percussion is fine the way it is

soldier status...feelin the horns and the bells...u just need some better drums IMO...or to mix em better cuz they could sound so much rawer..damn I'm not feelin the strings on the hook..shoulda used them bells IMO as the hook...still a pretty straight drop

how we do remix...yeah I like the composing and the drums on this..just work out ya mixing a lil bit more and it will be so much hotter.....eh not really feelin the hook...but then again this beat can be used for a real song cuz its not games so maybe with a song actually written to it, it will sound better

overall these are cool

keep droppin

and thx for checkin my stuff

test
  11. CraS

CraS New Member

Whattup Ek....

Listenin' to SOLDIER STATUS. Horns are suspect, simply because they drag along rather uneffected. Lovin' the energy this tracks is bringing even being a slower pace. The knock is undeniable. MC's gotta start thinking of flows when they hear this one. The hits on the 1 are on point also, with the Crash and the other elements you have going on. Strong STrong production given the simplicity of the melody and overall arrangement.

We F**in Tonight. - Intro - elements are a tad hard. But feelin' the groove now, with the double time kicks etc. Sitar bangs with the bassline. I see why u felt mine now. LOL. Another strong arrangement of music given the simplicity of the elements and melodic parts. Certainly sounds has the elements of a full production.

Summation - from these two tracks, it seems you have a strong natural understanding of music arrangement. Keep bangin'. I hear your vision.

This is How We DO REMIX. - This track is different I like that. Very creative the way the drums are flipped up. I like the elements, it's even mixed cool given the loudness of the overall texture. Another strong track. I think if anything the vocals don't give the song justice cause they certainly aren't swingin' with the beat. Good sh*t dogg.

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/default.cfm?BandID=327649&content=music
    CrAS
    test
  12. Auditory

Auditory New Member

soldier status-brass sounds pretty sick. damn when this drops its real hard...those bells are killing shit. Im feelin

Game Remix-this is pretty hard too. real different feel but i feel where you were trying to go with this. bass knocks

We fukin tonight-this one is alright, aws feelin the other 2 more
    test
  13. Ekko_Da_Villian

Thnx 4 da love
    test
  14. Korona_Loco

Korona_Loco The Rebel

we fukin tonite

reminds me of beyone and sean paul track with the flutes and drums. feeling the overall vibe from it. got that arabian vibe, but at tha same time it's like "come ere girl, we fukin tonite". make that clap a lil louder and its a wrap.

get back at me
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=878881
    test
  15. Ekko_Da_Villian

ThNx 4 da love, all links will be shown love today
    test
  16. DeeNoyd

DeeNoyd Dont forget dat name

how we do - intro sounds cool ... ohh man that kick is distorded .... i kinda like this ... giving this a different vibe .... yea i can nod to this ... besides the distorted kick, got nothin else to say good shit.

theres an error when i try to listen to the other stuff .... after that remix id like to listen to more of ur work ... i def gone look out for u good shit.
    test
  17. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

How We Do:
    This is cool, but I don't really like the snare sound. Other than that, this is pretty simple but cool to me. I like it. Kick distorts though. This is cool to me, I don't like when you take the snare out though. Reminds me of that Memphis Bleek song with no snare that I hate. This beat is cool, but I'd rather hear a different type of song done to it like some killin' people type shit.

The Other 2:
    Check your MP3s, cuz they won't play for me. The remix plays fine but I can't even play the other ones in lo-fi.
    test
  18. Ekko_Da_Villian

Iight man, imma have to check soundclick on that
    test
  19. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

how we do....immediately notices distorted drums...arrangement is simple but effective.....redo the hook....8/10

Keep building

Digga
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.