a muslim man becomes christian..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by UnbrokeN, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

i like his testimony, very powerful.intresting

[youtube]_E9qbZSodB8&feature=related[/youtube]

God is love. Love of god. feel it...know it. islam is truth. christianity is truth. hinduism is truth, buddhism is truth.
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

move this shit to the sanctimonium ..
    test
  3. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

test
  4. Radium

Radium f k

task: define love

unbroken, how do you define love.
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

unconditional, unlimited appreciation for any individual, sentinent being or lifeform..including yourself.

for stArters,,of course real, pure, unconditional love cannot be defined with words, so im basically at a loss for words here..
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

L o l
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

Amen to the vid.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

i was expecting a positive rep GayBack, the only reason i posted this vid..
    test
  9. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

He's not the first, definitely not the last.
    test
  10. Radium

Radium f k

yeah i feel u

i think me an you agree that love is inherently passive

keywords:

unlimited appreciation

and that is an inherently passive state

but i have your same difficulty for defining love in any complete way. its kind of like a weird thing.

i read some pop science articles lately about this stuff that i never heard about b4 called oxytocin tho

its effects are super interesting. check this out:

Oxytocin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

particularly interesting to me are its effects on bonding. lets say evolution had to think of a way to make creatures assign value to each other - what better way than to create a drug for it and then to make everyone an addict once exposed to it

its effect on behavior and decision making are that it seems to promote increased pair bonding, approach behavior, parenting behavior, physical intimacy, lessened anxiety, lessened aggression, lessened compulsivity

a very very powerful substance to say the least about it

consdier this too, testosterone seems to have a kill effect on oxytocin production. as women produce on average 10x less testosterone than men they have an increased ability to generate oxytocin. that may be why women throughout history and throughout roughly every culture have always out lived men - they produce a drug that decreases things like anxiety, aggression, compulsivity - whereas men dont. men tend to have rougher kinds of lives essentially.

anyway chime in on this. i think if we are going to define love then we must include oxytocin somewhere into it. all of its behaviorial effects seem to fit in very closely to the way you (nd me too i gues) define what love is

it asks this question

if god is love, and love is oxytocin: is oxytocin god
    test
  11. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

oxycontin is god...ha, anyhow...

particularly interesting to me are its effects on bonding. lets say evolution had to think of a way to make creatures assign value to each other - what better way than to create a drug for it and then to make everyone an addict once exposed to it

you're sorta right, but, it's not evolution thinking of and creating a drug, it's that during the random mutations of evolution, the drug came about, and it allowed the mutated offspring that had the drug to breed more prolifically and prolong not only their own life, but trying to keep others alive as well...

same reason we started walking upright, so we could go longer distances to get food that we could carry back to the females in exchange for sex...thus making more babies
    test
  12. UnbrokeN

my database does not encompass the dynamics of human pairbonding
    test
  13. Radium

Radium f k

then forr argument (and for us to even have an argument, instead of just stopping at nothing) we might try to say that this universe was created not by chance

but by design.

and

as design suggests intelligence, we can now make some very rough deductions about the nature of an intelligent designer - as we have a precedence of intelligence and its evolutionary development on earth to look at as examples

first, intelligence at complex scales seems to require social organization. this is necessitated by the fact that information sharing requires one agent learning x amount of information and then passing that information on to another agent who lacks it. human history and its accomplishments are the sum of this very process repeated out on possibly what is going to be an endless length.

but this too has its own underpinnings. consider that learning (information sharing/information growth) is necessitated by social organization and that social organization would also have to be necessitated by something too ex: what things would prompt group effort and cooperation

there has to be an agent that causes this

and if we can say that oxytocin plays an extremely huge role in such realms, we should also be able to say that oxytocin (or something that mimics its effects) would have to also be present for any socially organized created intelligence.

thus if we can say that god is intelligent, we then have to also potentially draw a link to his history as a highly developed socially organized creature, with underpinnings based ultimately on something like oxytocin

and thus his motivations on creating more universes rooted ultimately in what is an ancient expression to achieve more oxytocin
    test
  14. Radium

Radium f k

but its not just about romantics!! (9 X_X)

dont limit this or yourself just to that

i think oxytocin actually plays some kind of role in everything we can appreciate.

what do you think?
    test
  15. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

test
  16. Radium

Radium f k

((. _ . ) alright i realize sidetracked this thread on a really weird tangent

but i think i was just excited from gleaning some new info about dopamine, testosterone, and oxytocin and ultimately introversion and trying to re link it back together again in some way that works

( . _ .))))

just typing that isw weird. it makes sense tho. i think.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

test
  18. TheBigPayback

test
  19. TheBigPayback

test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Your tangent is fine for the most part.

breathless is the one sounding like a weirdo.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.