a little story for yall who STAY criticizing beats and gossipping online..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Eternity, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

now I love putting beats online.. it jumpstarted my career as a producer and allowed me to network with some great people. the pressure I put on myself in the battles also made me step up my game viciously. I appreciate the internet beatmaking community very much, and thats why I'm making this post..

A LOT of yall criticize tracks very seriously.. and I want to help everyone see the light.. realize that complaining over snares and drum sounds is not useful or beneficial to you, or to others.. I dont know about yall, but when I post beats online, I put them up for peoples enjoyment.. I been making beats for 4 and a half years now, I'm not really looking for criticism on my sound selection.. I'll gladly accept someone not liking a beat, but I really dont want to hear about how my instrument selection wasn't quite what you expected.. but like Dskillz said in another thread, I truly dont pay attention to that negative, uninspiring feedback, and thats been a cornerstone to making shit pop off. you gotta have confidence in yourself as a producer if you wanna get in this game man, cuz the game is not that hard..

perfect example happened last night.. I been having a good connect to lil scrappy, so I took 3 weeks and compiled 10 hot tracks for him. I collabed with my guitar player on one, pulled some old beats out the vault, and made some new heat. last night I was in a session with another artist, so when my biz partner went over there with the tracks, he also brought some other beats I had let him hold, including the 4 rock beats that I posted RIGHT HERE on rapmusic, which got DISSED by 99% of yall. i spoke with scrap on the phone, he was lovin the tracks, but they stopped they session when they heard one of those same rock beats that yall dissed.. and scrap recorded to that bitch right there in the studio.. im sitting here reviewing it now.. plus picked 3 out of the 10 for his upcoming project

moral of the story?????? stop with all the stupid negativity.. what yall think is constructive criticism is really just excuses for yall to stay in the bedroom "tightening up" your beats.. fuck that.. if you're really a producer, whip your ass into shape and grind.. thats what I been trying to do, and believe me, I'm FAR from where I want to be.. but I was lucky enough to have someone tell me the same shit I'm speaking now.. this audio producers gossip forum, all this shit, is really just wastin time 95% of the time.. I've been meaning to make this thread for a while, but I never did, because I know more than likely this thread will be dissed, criticized, scrutinzed, or perhaps totally ignored.. but for the few of you guys who really want to succeed, Im letting you know that you can, but this internet beatmaking, when taken to a certain level, becomes pure negativity and harmful.. step up your game, but then be able to turn the computer off..
    test
  2. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

test
  3. STATEMENT.1

STATEMENT.1 Cant Shake The Devil

fuck soleternity, hes better than me
    test
  4. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Damn. Good luck on that scrappy project - that can lead to aloooooot of things.
    test
  5. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Homie speaks the truth
    test
  6. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

I understand the snare and kick part.. but check; if a beat is wack to me; its wack no matter WHAT an industry cat says. Its my opinion.

Good luck wit Scrappy.
    test
  7. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

man i done made about 4 or 5 posts like this.......they'll say "good post" blah blah blah

but in a few hours, they back to the same ole bullshit
    test
  8. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

im not dissing the thread or saying your wrong on any level

but feedback on a drum sound is still feedback, its still an opinion
    if ti did a joint that had some corny drums on it
    then i would say the drums sound corny to me, even though Ti is a famous rapper.

yes theres always goin to be some one who doesent like your style of making beats
    or the sound ur known for, your trade mark flavor

but to me, every opinion counts
    because at some point, everyone was a mere consumer, jus lookin for somethin dope to listen to.

about the rock joints yeah thats great that scrappy liked em, dont get me wrong, money is money
    but it doesent change my opinion on them.

stay up.
    peace.
    test
  9. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

im not tryin to be negative here but just cuz scrappy picked the beat wouldnt change my mind if i liked it or not. its a matter of taste i dont usually say shit like change kick or snare ill just tell u if im feelin it or not but just cuz scrappy picks isnt gonna change my mind if i think it needs a different snare or its hot or not. sometimes people dont pick the beats u think they will or the ones u think are the best.
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

which is exactly why i dont post beats on here...its pointless...unless im specifically ASKIN for technical advice..i dont wanna hear that shit from you..and im not gonna show a producer a beat cuz i know most cats dont know how to turn there " production ears " OFF and just LISTEN to the MUSIC...
    test
  11. Dskillz

I think the basic concept here is - we or they dont have to like it - in order for us to move on and forward as producers. And to not get cuaght up in the negativity of what everyone else thinks - becuase that can stop you or hinder you from making moves and pushing material forward that people may wnat to buy from you.

He is saying - becuase RM doesnt like it... doesnt mean someone else ,who will actually benfit you, wont either. so take the opinions for what they are - and do you own thing.
    test
  12. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I am aggree if you...if you do not like a beat ...it is a matter of taste....but I dont like when people say.... you should change the drum that you used.... That is not going to change my opinion on the drum I used.... As long as I like...I does not matter what other people think.... unless it is technical issues...eg. the drums are to loud...or...the bass is too loud.

Even when friends tell me that they dont like this or that...if I like it.... I will never change it just to please them....If my ears are not pleased....Who cares

eg. I do not like the snare Kanye uses...but who am I to tell him to change the drum.... obviously it works
    test
  13. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

im sayin,
    thats a given though, musical preference is simply preference, opinion,
    one mans trash is another mans treasure.

ive never changed a drum sound cuz some one else didnt like it
    but if i dont like a snare, im gonna say, hey, i dont like that snare
    doesent imply that you NEED to go home right now and find a suitable replacement
    im jus sayin..
    i dont like the snare

so much for being opinionated.
    test
  14. Rebel.Music

Rebel.Music New Member

The only reason I post beats is to get some plays cause emcees always be in that forum listening.
    test
  15. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

Nothing wrongs with an opinion...
    test
  16. (( Ozone ))

(( Ozone )) t-t-t-t-toxiq

lol, this forum is comedy I swear...

I was just peepin another thread in this forum. And the SAME cats talkin bout "yeah Sol, good post, word up, real talk" in this thread, are the SAME cats that be doin EXACTLY what he's talkin about in other threads
    test
  17. Dskillz

^ Strange - but thats how the hood works.
    test
  18. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

dskillz said it perfectly. I understand and anticipated the "personal opinion" aspect. but yall need an ego check. all of our opinions on this message board are worth $15 max, including mine. the cost of one CD. most of us bootleg. however, the value of a rappers opinion could be 100's of thousands or even millions to a producer. and the opinion of a record label president could be worth exponentially more to a producer. however if you're a bedroom beatmaker who has convinced himself to degrade his own view of himself to an "amateur" instead of a professional producer who gets paid for his work, then please be advised that this post does not apply to you.
    test
  19. Eternity

Eternity retired legend

well said
    test
  20. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

okay im not gonna go back n forth its jus i seriously have nothing else to do for the moment
    no joke.

so ima say.

if young buck likes lil john beats
    but im more into dj premier type beats

getting money from young buck is fine
    but ima also pay attention to the kid who loves dj premier beats jus like me, an see what his opinion on my shit would be (if i was aiming at that style..or..something)

i mean, fucking donald trump could walk up to me with his 20 million dollar opinion on one of my beats

that wouldnt bring me to say the opinion of my peers is worth any less, itd probably be worth more to me, because they listen to the same type of music, what i usually think sounds hot from so n so, they also think is a hot beat, so we have the same tastes

money is money yeah, but having more/less of it wouldnt change my idea of who matters more, or who i should pay attention to, whos to say the kid on aim wouldnt make a hit in a year an go fuckin 9 times platinum?

maestro told me to layer a snare when i showed him some shit in aim
    i told em im jus gonna leave it like that
    but that doesent mean im thinkin in the back of my mind
    your opinion wont make me any richer, your not worth 200,000,000 dollars so i dont care for you.

dont think im comin at you, sayin your wrong, one of the random people on the site who jus wanna start stupid internet arguments or nothin
    im jus sayin what i think of it,
    free speech right?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.