a little help please.....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Syn 6, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

so I'm moving some of my studio equipment up to Chicago. it's pretty basic, but I'm leaving my desktop at home. I have a macbook pro now and want to just use it for the recording.

however, i had an m-audio 192 soundcard. is there any possible way to use it? i assume not. so I should probably sell it and get something else. basically what i'm asking is: what's a nice, cost effective soundcard i can get to record on a macbook? I don't really rap too much anymore so it's not too serious...but i still want solid quality.

thanks in advance
    test
  2. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

No way I know that you can use it on your MBP. As for the cost effective soundcard i HIGHLY recommend going with the Profire 610 M-Audio ProFire F610 Firewire Interface at zZounds . it has the Octane preamp technology with 6 ins/outs. The sound is amazing and you can use it for alot of things. If you cant pay 400 bucks (cheaper on ebay) you can always go with the safe MBOX. Any mbox you get is pretty much a safe bet and you can find them for really cheap on ebay and other places.
    test
  3. Momento

Momento New Member

I also heard that the Mbox 1 came equipped with Focusrite preamps wich I was told out peform the newer Mbox versions with Digidesign pre's.
    test
  4. SF Traxx

SF Traxx Today Matters

The Fast track pro is pretty smooth. I'd consider it.

Rap Beats
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.