A letter From Jean Grae!!!

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN', Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN'

PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN' New Member

Hello all. Firstly I would just like to say thank you for all the general love and support everyone has showed for myself and the new EP.
    The plan was to get out there on the road and promote the crap out of it, while also bringing and selling THE BOOTLEG ALBUM(long version).
    Of course, as well as getting Soul Purpose, Pumpkinhead and DJ Bazarro out to the people to do some great shows and get their music out there.
    Unfortunately (damn I can't even believe I am having to do this) we were shut down on Friday when Can Ox decided to pull out of the tour at the last second, as well as pretty much break up their group officially.
    I, as well as the rest of the above mentioned guys, along with Babygrande, Biz3, Kork Agency and Orchestral were pretty much left with nothing, except the pieces to try and pick up.
    After pretty much spazing out and being angry and stunned as well all at once we tried to salvage what we knew would for lack of better words, be a fucked tour.
    After letting promoters and venues know the deal...most of them backed out, not even allowing the remainder of us to go ahead with our tour plans.
    All of us left invested money, time and our future planning into this tour that is now no longer going to happen.
    Simply, we are fucked up over this.
    People have kids to feed, jobs that were notified (or left) and families to worry about, all of which seemed not to affect the decision that was made at the last moment.
    I truly apologize to everyone else involved with this tour either directly, or indirectly and feel really responsible for trying to do something when people kept telling me it wouldn't happen, due to the history of the groups situation. In retrospect I wouldn't have defended a definite show, I should have known damn better.
    This would have been my first tour as an artist, even money issues aside, I know how much we were looking forward to getting out there and making it happen.
    I think because ticket presales were so low, these venues and promoters just needed one great reason to back out and cancel. I guess they got what they were looking for.
    I'm sorry to the fans who were looking forward to coming out and supporting, but I swear we will find a way to get out to you. It might not be a tour, but we are trying to pull spot dates together.
    You can help by really trying to come out and support the music. If these places don't think anyone is going to come out, they won't even attempt to book us. Along with what has just happened, we probably have a bit of a marred rep already, which I NEVER wanted to happen.
    All we want to do is get onstage and rock, try to support ourselves and our families, sell some records and be as successful as we possibly can be.
    Obviously, that doesn't seem to matter to some people.
    I don't know how to end this statement, I guess just by asking you guys to understand. It was a situation that was not in our control, best believe we are pissed the fuck off too.
    Thanks y'all.
    Jean and family.
    thanks for holding it down to Colin, Ruddy, Chuck, Pump, Bazarro, Mazzi, Karma, Biz3, Kork, Block,Pack FM, {Jedi Mind Tricks, Mr.Len and Apani(for offering to go last minute)} and all of their extended family for bearing with the train wreck on our hands.

If you are in a certain state and you would like to see us come out, just holla so we can get in touch with some promoters and try to make things happen. Hey, if you ARE a promoter...even better. Also, any radio stations or record stores would be helpful.

badvsworst2@netscape.net (Colin Afflick)

thanks once again. apologies 99 times again.

Jean Grae

"At breakfast today I made a
    hippopotamus out of my
    oatmeal, which was all dried
    up. I made a bed for him out
    of cinnamon toast and I took
    my napkin and made a blanket.
    Then I took my spoon and beat
    him to death."-Howard Buten-

When I Was Five I Killed
    Myself.
    test
  2. PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN'

PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN' New Member

Yo this is Official Coming From Me ûûûûûz is selfish
    Promoters is Cheap I give a fuk about A Can Ox
    Vast was my boy but things is different now i have no words!!!
    test
  3. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

Whoa...
    test
  4. DoC

DoC New Member

Thats some fucked up shit.. Promoters are fuckin insects joe!
    That again makes me think if Technique's skit on Vol. 2.

Alot of promoters try to bring you out to rock for the love and exposure.. but they are the ones doin it for the money. They ain't doin it for the love and exposure. Like Tech said, Muthafucka, you want me to buy the food.. put it in front of you.. but you ain't gonna let me eat with you! thats real and true to the word.
    test
  5. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

Yo, fuck this shit.
    Ayo, Jean Grae is THE SHIT and it sucks how all this stuff came into play.
    shit, I hope everything works out for you guys, man.
    test
  6. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

man this is bad news....im sorry to hear this homie...fans in bloomington, IN are dissapointed bro...the names are still up on thing in front of the club...why the fuck would they break up right b4 a US tour? why not tough it out and turn some coin first, pretty pathetic attitude....were feelin 4 yall tho man, stick it out...we all go through similar things in this...you gotta have the bad to enjoy the good...

"Infirma mundi elegit Deus it fortia confundat; God has chosen the
    infirm of the world in order to vanquish the powerful"

dont let it stop you from continuing on, youll make it happen....
    test
  7. Lrebel

Lrebel Guerrilla Blitzkrieg

Just to note AFM, a musician's (sort of) union bargains w/ promoters on behalf of their artists ON SET UNION PAY. Meaning, there is no discussion when a Marsalis or King or newcomer comes to town. They're getting paid.

And AFTRA another (sort of) union bargains w/ labels on the other side of things w/ for artists.
    G.A.ME (Grassroots Artists MovEment) does both, especially w/ Hip-Hop artists.

G.A.ME definitely understands this situation very well. As a Hip-Hop union we regret that the music industry including promoters can fuck over artists' careers. In G.A.ME, one group backing out for ANY reason would not stop a mission. These promoters recognize the lack of power in Hip-Hop & the division that exists. Any other worker in another industry would get paid regardless. A construction worker says I quit, doesn't mean all the workers are out of work. That industry is organized. Hip-Hop is easier in the sense that, spectators who pay to see a good show will support the artists. I.E. Prince, Two Live Crew, Tupac, etc. (when they were attacked).

The people's WILL to see Jean Grae & others perform NEEDS to be organized. I haven't seen Jean Grae perform her new stuff & I know she was performing in NYC on the last day of the tour. Personally, I'm upset @ that. But, that doesn't get the money back. Hopefully, Jean Grae, Pump & other artists find their way to G.A.ME. info@kickgame.com

PEACE & GOODLUCK
    L
    test
  8. thousand words

thousand words IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY BLEW

damn some crazy izzle going dizzle
    test
  9. krunch

krunch Member

Fuck, I was hella hyped to see you guys in seattle. Sorry about all this fucked up bullshit. It was dope you decided to let your fans know about the situation. And what was stated also let me realized some of the realities of trying to go tour and wat goes down with promoters. I hope things turn out for the good with you guys, I'll be supporting!
    test
  10. Revalation03

Revalation03 The Difference

That sucks P. Well luckily I didn't buy tickets for that show, even though I wanted to see you guys, but I would have been really disappointed. I saw Aesop and Lif the night before you guys were supposed to do your show in North Hampton, MA. Any way good luck to you and yours. Stay up, Peace!
    test
  11. YuckMouf

YuckMouf New Member

Yup, it's offcial, Vast Aire's on my list of emcees I'll shit on when I graduate from highschool and hit the undeground. Cannibal Ox can suck my over sized (cEnSoReD). I'm not tryna put any business out there, but hell, she wrote it in a song...Jean aint rich people, so Can Ox cancelling just put the redlight to some funds goin to shorty. So you know what? FUCK CANNIBAL OX! Underground emcees usually don't make that much money from giving us shit to bump to, and when they have a chance to, some bitch ass cocksucker gotta throw a monkey wrench in the schemes. Fuckin' ridiculous...
    test
  12. knowmad

knowmad New Member

yep^^^^^^^^^^^^^66
    test
  13. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

lmfao @ "when i graduate from high school and hit the underground" thats funny
    test
  14. YuckMouf

YuckMouf New Member

yay...lets all clap for the laughing retard
    test
  15. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

test
  16. Couch Foam

Couch Foam New Member

test
  17. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

I found this a little amusing as well homie. Sorry
    test
  18. STRATUS

STRATUS my 9 mm goes BANG!!!!!!!

I meant the whole high schoool comment.

anyways, yeah this was madddd wacktacular. I was supposed to open with okweeezy at the san francisco show which was gonna be quite fun. I was very sad to hear this unfortunate news. I have officially lost all respect for cannibal ox and its respective members. If they want to be bitch made and break up thats just dandy, but when it starts affecting a countless number of people thats just unnacceptable. Like jean said, people quit their jobs, took time off, left their families and all just to have it broken down by those two sissies. weak
    test
  19. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

im not a fan of 7L and esoteric, but vast got served by esoteric on that 7 minute long thing....they all did pretty much, i gotta give it to esoteric, because he was right about most of what he said...vast sounding like winnie the pooh...hahah, and that shit about el-p is true as fuck about how he heard dr. octagon and never looked back...and about how they should shut up about the guns because if he see them he'll put the gun in his mouth like "shoot me mufucka" that diss was pretty on point....but i heard from a friend of vast that they got jerked with their new label etc. so maybe they HAD to break up...
    test
  20. Lyme

Lyme Guest

damn Im really sorry to read all that.. Im in Toronto come holla here I'll be sure to pre buy the ticket! ha

Keep ya heads up..

P.S - Jeans EP is dope
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.