A Dance For Grace -new Reggae film.......( short clip included)

Discussion in 'Reggae Bashment' started by L u c y, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

DANCEHALL TO THE WORLD
    A new Jamaican film is set to do for Dancehall what THE HARDER THEY COME did to take Reggae to the world. A DANCE FOR GRACE, winner of the Reggae Film Festival Honour Award for Jamaican Feature Film, announced it will premiere in November at Kingston's Carib Cinema after a VIP Launch October 23. Already previewers have acclaimed this J-American look at the controversial music genre, saying it is a big screen showcase that highlights the dancers, the dance moves and the hit-making tunes that fuel its popularity and inspire its fans.
    'A Dance For Grace' is a dance drama for all age groups with a primary focus on young adults between the ages of 13-35. the film tells the story of a group of teenagers from a small, rural town in Georgia who decide to enter a national dance contest in the hope of using the prize money to fund a life-saving operation for one of their town’s most beloved citizens—a woman named Grace.
    Their effort to save Grace leads the group of high schoolers to their Jamaican born dance teacher, Ricky Myers, a reformed drug dealer, who teaches them a Reggae Dancehall routine to enter the contest. To experience the culture and learn the dance firsthand, they all travel to the birthplace of Reggae: Jamaica! As the contest draws closer, Ricky’s past has caught up with him….. and the stakes get even higher. The once closely-knit community is in turmoil! The dance is now on…but will they win and save Grace?!!!

The groups arrival and presence in Jamaica is recorded by scenes of their visits to noted attractions and beauty spots, and lessons on Jamaican history and culture. But the most important Jamaican scenes of A DANCE FOR GRACE are set in the midnight world of dancehall, filmed at Passa Passa and other venues where dance crews perform their synchronized routines, competing with other crews for the video spotlight. The action of these scenes is well edited to the pulsing beat of Dancehall artists including Vybz Kartel. The film also features scenes from the US dance competition, including several dances by the group as well as routines from other competing teams.
    Filmed in the USA and Jamaica, A DANCE FOR GRACE is written by Jamaican Junior Taylor and produced by Tower Isle Productions. Co producers are Orville Matherson, who also plays “Ricky” the lead character, Joan Edwards, a Jamaican corporate finance manager and Dale Foti, US co-producer. In addition to winning awards at February's Reggae Film Festival where the film also won the Honour Award for Actor Orville Matherson, the film won the Silver Ace Award at the Las Vegas Film Festival 2010 and has premiered at the New York International Film & Video Festival and the Belize International Film Festival and the European Film Market, Berlin.

(Source:United Reggae)
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

movie looks shit....trying to compare it to 'harder they come'??? cheeky fuckers lol

PEACE
    test
  3. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

hahaha I thought that, it is something of a classic.

yeah the movie does look kinda cheesy, but I'm hoping it has some good moments & the sound track has some big names Vybez Cartel etc.
    also dance movies are my guilty pleasure
    test
  4. knowitall

knowitall New Member

I didn't read the write-up, but I watched the trailer.....

the movie looks SICK...hahaha...."Save The Last Dance" meets "Step Up 2 The Streets" meets "Shottas" !!!!

Looks like there's some fun for everyone is this film. The town hall meeting scenes had me dying....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.