A bit of unsolicited advice...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

haha i dont know any but once i found out how it worked i formed preconceived notions about its athletes.....basically in polo it goes like this, teams are made up of 3 dudes. 1 of which puts up the money for his team, and pays the other 2 gentlemen to be on his team for that game. Each game he has to pay them again. Usually they get around a cool milly+ for a single game. SO a rich dude hires other rich dudes to play for him. The two opposing rich dudes also put up the pot for the games...

now back to your thread ;)
    so youre more saying that it kills their social creativity?
    well one thing is for sure, money does not buy happiness. Im talking true happiness, and contentment. Sure it can provide a level of security and short term happiness via material possessions, but have you ever wondered how the poorest of the poor in european, asian/south american countries etc etc are regarded as happier and less stressed out than the developed world? If people stopped looking for happiness and realized that its not hiding from them and that its a decision, the world will be a better place for all. But alas. Kids have shit like lady gaga, MTV, and Nike helping them grow up....couple that with being served life on a silver platter, the future generations well....were doomed.
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

I'm assuming there's a lot of poaching going on as far as players are concerned, since every team strives to win..

Not social creativity, the one pertaining work.

Agreed.

That is precisely why I often find myself being drawn to Eastern society, which is due to their mentality and/or ideology. Closer than to the western one.

But that feeling requires a lot of caution and a whole range of people tend to make a big mistake. It's easy feeling as an eastern enthusiast in the skin of an European (or American) with an ass full of everything.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i read an article that was talking about how mass media is the biggest mental experiment ever put on mankind. They dont know the long term consequences, but what they are finding is an increase in mental disorders and quirks such as anxiety, depression, schizophrenia etc etc... They are making an educated inference that this mass media invasion of our lives is to blame. Specifically blaming entertainment/advertising for giving us false expectations, and complexes, and feelings of worthlessness. We are bombarded on average with 3000 ads per day, none of which we were asked if we wanted to see them, all of which were placed all over so you see them wherever you go be it online or outside. All of which were designed to get into your subconsciousness and urge you forward toward their product....
    i went on this tangent because one side effect is materialism, the want for wealth because of vanity or greed. Theres a ton of people out there that truly believe money buys happiness and they wont be happy until other people stare at their new car as they drive by, or say wow when they have company over for dinner at the mansion...
    in the end people just want to be happy, the differences are where people look for that happiness....
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

Indeed, it could be regarded as an experiment, however no one's demanding taking some sort of accountability from the mass media machine.

That being said; the media certainly grabs and propagate things that are the easiest to sell. Simply because they serve to completely "dumbed down" customers, who could care less about today's situation.
    test
  5. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

My girlfriend complained that I wasn't seeing things from her point of view.

...so I stared out of the kitchen window.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

:funny:

Well, instead of staring, you could just as easily told her that the only reason she has two sets of lips is because when she's complaining with one, she'll have to apologize with the other.

I keed, I keed.

:scared:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.