A bit of unsolicited advice...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

So, ladies ~ I'd suggest holding onto men, who came to their business and financial success gradually, and especially on their own.

And it goes vice versa for the fellas, too.
    test
  2. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

would you please elaborate?
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

With pleasure...

Where boys who will soon become men with financial background given on a platter, and where girls who are about to become women, beauty's given too soon.

Boys all too often get transformed into these lame braggers because of reckless generosity (which often results from bad conscience due to a lack of personal time engagement) of financially successful parents, who although financially set up for life don't reach any of the important qualities, even if sometimes possessing the necessary potential. And there is no greater virus to a girls' character than being told how sexy she is by the age of fourteen.

Horrible when people build their whole life on their own external appearance. Their luck, career, partnership and friendship.
    test
  4. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

should this be taken at face value or would you say this is layered?
    test
  5. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

Actually, this is great advice. Something I would share with a daughter, if I had one.

Boys who are close to their parents and have learned decent morals, respect and a solid work ethic, will go much further in life than those who have everything handed to them. I don't just mean financially, either. If you never have to earn anything, how can you mature and learn to provide for a family? How can you learn to appreciate the value of doing something for yourself?

You can't.
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

Could be either, or.

Yup. 100% agreed.

Main problem at the moment is precisely the education of adolescents. The average young person has the feeling that they can only come to money via inheritance or dirty business. Because on a number of levels they are given those examples. On one hand it's kids who resell drugs and run around with expensive cars, and on the other, it's news that are full of people who got rich in a illegal or semi-legal way. And it all boils down to unsolved question of the origin of, etc..

There's always people that one can throw in the middle of the biggest crisis and they'll be able to build castles, and then there's those who although they've been offered everything in life and are still unable to do anything.
    test
  7. MissAndrya

The one thing society does on a whole, is fail to prepare the youth for life.
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

Too much theory, far too little practical knowledge. :(
    test
  9. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

gala you give sloppy oral?
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

I'm thinking you've either missed the point of the thread or it's one of those "don't feed the troll" occasions.
    test
  11. MissAndrya

We need a bigger bridge for all the trolls 'round these parts.
    test
  12. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

True, but by the time the girls are actually interested in the nice guys with good careers instead of chasing their bad boy complex, the girl with either be pregnant, or the nice guy would have moved on with his hard earned money for someone else.

Sometimes the best guy for you is the one you banished to the friendzone a long time ago, only to complain to him about problems with the bad boy you still chase.

#ExpensiveHate
    test
  13. MissAndrya

I dated 'nice' guys who would have (could have) given me the world, but I wasn't one iota attracted to them. I tried, but it just wasn't there. Now they have families and big houses and lots of vehicles.

I don't have much, but I'm happy.
    test
  14. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

daaaaang.

lessons from the sandbox.

"too much theory, too little practical knowledge."

it'd be so nice if more women felt this way. and people in general.

the tortoise and the hare.
    test
  15. MissAndrya

Just don't tell anyone Gal and I are here. We don't want to beat off the crowds with a stick.
    test
  16. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

oh yes..women and nice guys..

love it.
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

rephrased:

"ladies, hold onto that man's money."

"men, do the same. though that's infinitely harder and she'll still take half of what you don't have if you divorce."
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

so in general someone who doesnt work for their money or gets it basically given to them sometimes doesnt know how to manage it and also can be or become socially out of touch with the majority of the population?

But i do know people who would fall under the category of not having to work hard for their money and never once has acted spoiled, or better than anyone for their luck. I used to live in a city of Oil and Gas(calgary) and its quite easy to make good money there. Easy 2 yr technologist diploma courses usually land you 100 000+ k/yr jobs. Theres a world class technical school there pumping these guys out like crazy because everyone knows its in demand in alberta and its awesome money there. So theres a lot of spoiled rich young guys/women in calgary, via the new oil and gas workforce, or via their parents got rich working in oil and gas. BUT there are people out there who arent douchebags because of easy money. SO i would never go around assuming all people who came into money easily are douchebags...unless they played polo. Polo is for retardedly rich people with nothing to do who live on estates and have never once had to shop for groceries or deal with the paying of a bill. LOL jk

so basically the moral of the story is its best not to hold on to assumptions or judgments like this because you never know until you get to know someone and a judgment like this would keep you from ever getting to know them in the first place
    test
  19. MissAndrya

I believe, at least in my statement, that the emphasis was more on someone with a good, strong work ethic and decent morals than it was on the money itself.

If one has respect for themselves (and this goes for any category of person), then they will better able to respect others. If they can't provide properly for themselves, how can they provide for a family?

Sure, making the big bucks is awesome, but some just throw it away. These people may learn to love someone, but will they know how to take care of them? If they live day to day, will they be able to plan for the future?
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

A lot of girls have the mentality that they're that one girl that can change a bad boy to something gentlemenesque or a semi-good guy. Which is a train wreck waiting to happen.

It's precisely those friends that need to start being brutally honest.

Knowledge that one is given in a faculty, is only sufficient for working in public administration (due to outdated lectures of incompetent professors that the system protects, which also collect the money intended for development of companies ~ so the state aparatus is by itself sawing off the branch on which it sits.) Any serious employer will be expecting a lot more out of candidates. And being multidisciplinary nowdays is a must.

:funny:

What did it say before the edit? :scared:

No, that would be a whole another topic. Or one that resurfaces every so often. One that would pertain to the portion of women who are money chasers, not who have a mind-frame of being self-sufficient by working for a living and finding someone with similar work ethic and goals.

That's what the prenups are for. To put certain men at ease in case divorce would be imminent.

I'll try to follow the offered level...

People, whose parents brought all to them on silver platters, are rarely any good, because most of them become creatively impotent. Money should only be regarded as a byproduct of an individual's immense need for creation. In all areas.

By the way, money itself never really makes a person happy. At least not in small quantities, cynics would say. :) It is true that it allows people to at least live dignified. And that is all.

It's a flip of the stereotype. Speaking of wealthy parents, I'll take one of Microsoft's leading men for example. His daughter upon finishing college will receive only a million as inheritance, which shows that in her household emphasis was on getting a good education and that working for a living is the only way of being self-sufficient and at the end of the day ~ happy.

Obviously as a society in this transition period, we are unable to provide mechanisms to awaken ambitions in people. However, that trend is slowly, but surely growing.

So...how many polo players do you know?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.