A big "thumbs down" from medical marijuana patients

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Xion Mythos, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xion Mythos

Xion Mythos XzeroCopy

Medical Marijuana Returned
    Kris Sims |Friday, April 30, 2004 | CFRA 580

It appears some of the marijuana the Federal Government is growing and giving to Canadian patients is getting the thumbs-down.

The plant is going to Canadians who use it to cope with the pain, nausea, wasting and sleeplessness that often plagues those living with cancer and AIDS.

Records show almost one third of the 92 patients who received it from the government have sent it back.

Last fall, some of the first to receive the government cannabis called it ``disgusting,'' and ``totally unsuitable for human consumption.''

The plants are grown underground in an abandoned mine in Flin Flon Manitoba.

The Prairie Plant System is in the fourth year of a $5.5-million, five-year contract, and has shipped 279 ounces of pot, Philippe Lucas director of Canadians for Safe Access says he estimates that each ounce costs the government $16,000.

[zombienote: If I am not mistaken, the cannabis is grown deep in an underground copper mine. Chemicals and minerals have leached into the plants making it, as the person above is quotes as saying, unfit for human consumption.

And leave it to a government to make a weed cost $16000 an ounce.

Reefer madness makes the Government - even the Canadian Government - stupid. Simply stupid. Why not just set up a normal grow-op like many others do? This "security mentality" - the ostensible reason for growing the Devil Weed deep underground - is really fruitless and prevents progress on the issue. It's just ridiculous. ]
    test
  2. V E R B

V E R B Guest

canada is only dope cause you can walk n get high , thats about it.
    test
  3. Xion Mythos

Xion Mythos XzeroCopy

i wonder what type of weed medical weed is.
    test
  4. MiC DonE12

MiC DonE12 Should i give a Fuck?

test
  5. the Guy with a Pen

the Guy with a Pen a Svan Production

Definately, I don't imagine recieving that pot would be a huge score.

I'm pretty sure they control the THC levels as well, added to that they grow it underground in an old mine in flin flon
    test
  6. Uri nonmylipse

Uri nonmylipse URI NONMYLIPSE

yeah i heard this too..... its kinda funny that the fuckin government nerds are growing some wack ass pot...

anyways there is a club in canada called the "compassion club" and it supplies weed to people in need....the weed is pure grown with no fertilizers, its regulated by professional growers who make sure there is no contamination of the environment in which the weed grows, apparently its the purest/cleanest weed you can get....anyways my friend buys from them in Vancouver, he has a doctors note and hes a member...I went down there for part of a school project and its cool as hell. You walk in and there is a menu, the menu tells off all the different product, many different kinds of weed ranging in price. ALso there is all types of food cooked with it and all types of oils an tenctures(sp?)....for people who cant nessecarily smoke it......plus you can smoke it in the lounge there for people who have nowhere to smoke it.....they also sell all types of apparatusses to consume it...

best pot i ever smoked came from there and it was called Grapefruit or someshit like that.
    test
  7. TroubleG74

TroubleG74 Mafia style ..

Medicinal Reefer is not your average reefer .. shyt gets you gone .. its very strong and has to be able to stop or level pain .. shyt is fire ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.