_REAPAH_ Vs Turl (Beatbattle Round 1)

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by DjayCasper, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

both of you have 72 hours to drop a beat
    everyone is allowed to vote
    test
  2. Turl

Turl Producer

test
  3. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

test
  4. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Yo i'm feelin what you did Turl. Beat is nice. Good energy and sounds. Composition and arrangement is on point. Only thing i don't like is the drums don't bang as hard as they could. At least the kick. Otherwise i'm feelin this...

Repahs beat was straight but could use some work. A lil too happy for a battle IMO. Mix could use some work also...but i see the vibe you was goin for. Not bad tho...

Vote Turl...
    test
  5. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

turl - shits not bad... on some dramatic shit... guess I'm waitin for a bassline... s'aight not bad

reapah - hm... shits soundin ill son, lovin the bass, brass.... shit mighta been even illah without that second brass/synth addition mayn, shits nice feelin this..

both was good beats mayn, but if I hadda rap on one... I'd choose reapahs, vote goes to reapah
    test
  6. DJ Blackout

DJ Blackout Paper Chase

TURL DAT SHIT IS CRACK!!! I heard some of yo shit before and I didnt know what to expect from you this time...but this shit is hard...I love that brass...sound like some tear the club up shit...heat mayne...heat...the only thing is the kick...but its still hot...

Reapah...the intro sounds like some video game shit...but I like the different notes and the tuplet that the brass did...nice...the synth is nice too...sound like some yung joc stuff...just too boring for me (no disrespect) but I do like it tho...I just wouldnt listen to it nonstop...keep at it tho...

my vote goes to Turl...
    test
  7. MARXIST

MARXIST New Member

i vote turl
    test
  8. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

this is close.... i was about to give this joint to reapah but the sound and melody on the hook is terrible IMO...

vote - turl
    test
  9. HyLyte

HyLyte ~Blu Spy~

turl i like the melody alot 4got i had listened to this earlier...the brief intro threw me off but once it dropped it was ill i like the stabz and synth use is pretty nice not much on the drums but effective is all that matters so job pretty much done.

_REAPAH_ at the start i wasnt feeling this one as much as i was turls track from the get but after the first chorus this started to grow on me i liked the brass swellz bassline fits nicely good use just this is a good beat

both pretty much equal on the energy just overall i enjoyed the listen to turls beat a bit more

vote-Turl
    test
  10. YB MUZiK

YB MUZiK Active Member

turl - okay, like that brass. sounds a lil' synthy on the other part though. but it's nice so far though. let's see what other duke got.
    reapah - damn, intro is long dun. y'all got the same kinda style. but this one is even more synthy. y'all using a similar sounds too.
    vote - turl.
    test
  11. wavez

wavez .

vote::TurlProductions
    feelin his sounds and composition little more
    test
  12. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

reapahs shit wasent bad

but turl had some nice shit for reaaayelllll

i like that aside from the kick could be alot harder