____ is the next _________

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Wargasms, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wargasms

Wargasms Neva 2 Old 2 Bust Rhymez

Andre 3000 is the next Prince

Eminem is the next Tupac

Joe Budden is the next Nas

Little Brother is the next Tribe Called Quest

add on
    test
  2. Milli Monotone

Milli Monotone Mr. Like I Give A

WTF?????????????

HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Eminem is a little cross dressing sell out, dont ever make that comparasin again

the rest i agree with except andree3000
    test
  3. Ge'Nome

Ge'Nome Illest Since NessLee Quit

Ge'Nome is the next Eminem
    test
  4. Wargasms

ha, i knew this would be controversial....

yes, i think Eminem is the next tupac...not because of of his style, but because of his path.

Tupac <=== flipped from conscious positive mc, to thug ignorant mc, to introspective poet in a heartbeat...and back
    Eminem <===flips from clever lyrical, underground type punchline/storytelling emcee/ to generic club track emcee/ to clown comedy mc

Tupac <===most outspoken, influential and controversial mc of his time..
    Eminem <== most outspoken, influential, and controversial mc of now.

Tupac <====legend/reputation fueled by public beefs
    Eminem <=== legend/reputation fueled by public beefs

Tupac <=== crossed over to acting, which led to him becomming an even larger figure in popular culture
    Eminem <===crossed over to acting, which led to him becomming an even larger figure in popular culture

if eminems life ends early...he and tupac will both be considered the greatest, even though personally, I wouldnt rate either one in my top 10.
    test
  5. Wargasms

buddens i think is the next nas, is because he will be a cat who will bring lyricism back to view in popular rap culture. and i think that even as he becomes more of a commercial success, he will be someone who underground cats will always have love and respect for. He's a less flashy dude, ordinary type guy like nas. And i expect him to have longevity, without necessarilly being considered the most popular cat in the game.. I see him as someone who will be respected for being an MC by both the commercial crowd and the true school...Thats where i see the similarity..

note, none of this has anything to do with sound, or music....but for the role they will play in the future of hiphop culture.

Andre, prince because he will infuse hiphop with so many other genre's that he will be a musical genre all to himself. You cant classify prince as rock, r&b, soul, or new age...Same with andre..he will be a hybrid of so much musicallly. Plus, he will become increasingly eccentric and "mysterious" i think as time progresses. He will become an icon i think as large as prince if he keeps straying away from the norm, and can maintain his popularity.

Little Brother = Next tribe...because Tribe = Average Mc's + Soulful production. But i think with their current underground buzz, and the fact that many people seem to really be getting back to the neo-soul type vibe...they will be the leaders of hiphop-renewed neo soulful era. I woulda said Slum Village a couple years ago, but they cant keep a roster, plus they lost the best things going for their group, jay dee, and elzhi.
    test
  6. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

Budden's closer to Jigga than Nas.
    test
  7. JayWill

JayWill Skateboard Jay

fuck i hate it when people make really good points....jk thats a compliment....lemme see

talib=next jay-z

usher=next michael jackson
    test
  8. M-SiZZY!!

M-SiZZY!! Deli Beats

difference is, Phonte and Big Pooh are verrrrrryy dope MC's..
    test
  9. Wargasms

from right now, i dont think budden is going to be a cat to rule the airwaves...just a respected major player...an MC's mc....

i dont know if he has that same appeal as jigga...but he has undeniable talent.
    test
  10. Wargasms

wow, that talib one is bold.....

im interested in hearing your reasoning on that one?

i say Ludacris could be the next Jay z.
    test
  11. JayWill

JayWill Skateboard Jay

why luda? i can't really remember my reasoning for the talib comment as i'm sicker than shit right now, throwin my fuckin stomach up.

Guess the talib=jay-z gut feeling...(no pun intended)

we'll see as time develops....i'll try to explain it later
    test
  12. one der

one der Nor Cal King

Apathy = next eminem
    test
  13. JayWill

JayWill Skateboard Jay

lil wyte=next eminem (early day eminem)
    no not because they're both white
    test
  14. Wargasms

luda because he is so charismatic....

i cant think of many people as charismatic as Jay Z as far as being a lyrically sound, and commercially successfull MC.

Luda is already commmercially successful, but he isnt on Jay Z level yet...As time progresses i think Luda gets more and more popular....Jay Z had a slow initial burn, but hes always been around. Just the way he is gradually climbing to the top as Jay did, plus the fact that he has what it takes for extreme crossover success. And he is charismatic, I think he will be the next guy to kinda be considered on top of the game. and will have the hits under his belt to back it up.

plus DTP reminds me of the early Roc in a way too lol. Just the way luda is the front man, but hes surrounded by cats who dont enjoy the same type of success, but are doing okay. Shauna = Amille...lol
    test
  15. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Eminem is the next idiot to be outcasted from hiphop if his new album is as trash as i think its gonna be.
    test
  16. Blitz519

Blitz519 aye

I second that
    test
  17. Wargasms

even if his album is trash....the young teeny bopper and wanna be hiphop kids who actually are the millions buying the shit wont know the difference. All they will know is that its eminem, and eminem is funny and kewl.

hes going at least 4X platinum regardless. And i dont think former fans who think he is wack now will ever write him off 100% because they will keep expecting and wanting him to come back nice. And when he does, he will be king again.
    test
  18. JayWill

JayWill Skateboard Jay

well there you go war... i guess if you take everything you said about luda to be jay z thats how i see talib doing....

kanye=next timbaland
    test
  19. JayWill

JayWill Skateboard Jay

chingy=next nelly
    test
  20. DaiN

DaiN King of New Orleans

i agree about Little Brother...those who dont agree are idiots...

Supastion - KRS-One
    Dan Johns - Kool G Rap
    Forge & Amen - Gangstarr
    Kenn Starr - C.L. Smooth
    Oddisee - RZA
    illmind - Primo
    Symbolic One - Jay Dilla
    Justus League - Wu Tang
    Kev Brown - Pete Rock
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.