5k to spend on first car

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by BPINCdef, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

I have 5k, and im not even worried about a fast car or w/e i just want a good reliable car with good mileage but im not lookin at hybrids or hondas, but drop links aite?
    itd be nice if later i cud add a nice sound system but i need somethin to get me one place to another n me n my peoples could ride in
    aite thanks in advance
    pz
    test
  2. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

And right now im lookin at eclipses i guess, but theres probally better than that that i can get so drop them idearrrrrs haha
    test
  3. Full-Clipz

Full-Clipz Dominican nikka

what year eclipse are you looking at?

also...you want a coupe or sedan? SUV?

I bought my 94 acura legend gs (4dr) for under 5k, is in excellent exterior/interior condition and it just broke 100k miles.

i dont really know what you like....I'd rather have my car over a civic or older eclipse.

i'll look around see what else i find
    test
  4. Full-Clipz

early 90's mr2.....uhh nissan 240sx coupe
    test
  5. Full-Clipz

Legend
    [​IMG]

240sx fastback...theres a model with a trunk instead of hatch too
    [​IMG]

mr2
    [​IMG]

theres alot of possibilities.....

personally for under 5k i'd go with the legend...if your not lookin for speed, and maybe want a sound system later

theres also early 90 accords...i dont know theres alot of cars under 5k haha
    test
  6. SlaveNameIsBob

SlaveNameIsBob Massa luvs me

MR2 turbo, and 240sx.
    test
  7. Full-Clipz

^ yeah but that aint practical if hes not going for speed...
    test
  8. SlaveNameIsBob

SlaveNameIsBob Massa luvs me

240sx is plenty practical. It has a great aftermarket support for WHEN he does want to get his car moving. Although he says no, I am sure he does.

Has the room for a stereo setup, and Nissan is plenty reliable, and much more fun than most cars mentioned besides the mr2 turbo.

Talon Tsi AWD is another option..

I think buying a newer ride with like atleast a 5g' loan can get you a better used car, or atleast more options.
    test
  9. Full-Clipz

I know but if you know for sure you dont ever want a race setup...why get a coupe or fastback?

I like 240's, and i dont know what situation he's in....

me? i usually gotta drive most the time, so when im chillin with my boys or whatever i didnt really want a coupe, its just a hassle to get out everytime someone wants to get in you know?

Aint much room in the back of a 240 either... they aint really made for riding in the back.

Im usually chillin with my girl and 1 other person so my car does me good.

All good choices tho
    test
  10. iLoveEbay

iLoveEbay New Member

If you want something reliable, do not even look at the Eclipses. I would stay away from anything turbo, because chances are you aren't going to take care of it properly and they are expensive as shit to fix...Stick with a Nissan, Honda or Toyotal. The Legend is a GREAT choice, as is a 4th generation maxima.
    test
  11. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

yea, after thinkin bout it the eclipse isnt the smartest choice, but im tryin to think of everything regardless of speed or what, and yes of course id like to get it moving but the money for that wont come for a long time and after talking to Tigre and you all, Tigre (along with you all) got me lookin at Talons, MR2s, and 240sx's
    Ive looked at Talons and 240s before definitely, so there on the list, as are Talons, MR2s arent my think cuz they look too ... i dont know rice i guess stock but it isnt really rice, lol, cant describe it, im an american car guy myself but for gas mileage and reliability, ive decided not to go that way
    and im gonna usually be riding with my girl, and my bestfriend, and possibly my girls friend since all 4 of us get along real well, so ima need something that will fit 4 pretty comfortably, i dont mind squeezing them in the back though lol =)
    test
  12. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

and the legend would fit pretty well, but theres sumthin about it that i dont like, i jus cant point it out

and for reference i live in MD, and im not willing to travel great distances to get a car lol
    test
  13. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

Good luck finding a Turbo MR2 for under 5 without bullet holes in the engine block.

MR2 Turbo - Such a fucking BITCH to work on. *shivers*

Hmmmm.. 5 Grand?

Get a 240sx.

Then again, thats my answer to anything.

Or take that 5 grand a build a 11 second DSM :D
    test
  14. Krighst

Krighst ,//,';./';.//''./';''/.;

Chrysler New Yorker
    test
  15. teflon siege

teflon siege CEO of My DICK!

I Agree with Nissan...Could Get a Solid Mid 90's Sentra for that range.
    test
  16. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

^Sentra? WTF are you thinking.. I can pick up a 95 Sentra for a grand right now. It aint worth a shit.. GA engines suck ass, FWD with around 100 hp aint shit.. plus opening that engine up will ake you 10 hours just to figure out theres nothing to do with it.

Vote = KA24DE
    test
  17. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

im thinkin 240sx pretty much now, but itll blow to trasport people, ill look into legends as well now
    test
  18. OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN

OG FrOgGy JoHnSoN ALCATRAZ INC.

93 gt mustang [vn2]
    test
  19. whitey

whitey right thurr

I bought my '96 pontiac sunfire last year with 78,000 miles for $3000. Havent hgad a problem with it yet.
    test
  20. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

Nah, sunfires i cant stand, and american cars just arent as reliable and good on gas mileage, im starting to like legends assuming i can get one in black =)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.