500 homicides in chicago this year

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Track 2, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

my mom was born & raised in Chi & so was I to an extent(born).

She tells me of instances like, when a guy staggered onto her lawn & died & other instances like dudes runnin past her with guns drawn. She even had a boyfriend who was killed in a court room shoot out...

shit is bonkers

moms was hood
    test
  2. Stolos26

Stolos26 Active Member

test
  3. Stolos26

Stolos26 Active Member

i got robbed at gunpoint by 3 shorties on bikes like 6 months ago

this happened on Rush Street tho prime real estate to catch a whiteboy slippin
    test
  4. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

Lets compare america, land of the free, to any other country, cause they are all free countries like america....

People think being "free" comes at a cost of "free"...it doesn't , there's sacrifices to keeping our freedom free....and the lost of lives is part of it..again
    look at how many lives lost every single year from tobacco, why don't you give a fuck about that? when 17x more people die from it then guns...
    why isn't this issue more pressed!..
    test
  5. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

freedom isnt free
    nah its a hefty fuckin fee
    test
  6. iAmAchilles

iAmAchilles disrespectful nigguh

lml the issue is black folks silly
    test
  7. serge

serge Well-Known Member

Look at the graph. Murders peaked in 1990 at 2600, hence why 400 is an impressive number.
    test
  8. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

because people choose to smoke you fuckin retard.
    as opposed to ..I think today im going to choose to get murdered by a gun..

how many people die from alcohol related deaths?..
    your comparing choices to random acts of violence and for that your a retard. You shouldn't own a gun because your not capable of a simple thought.

last year in a city of over a million where I live, we had 49 murders and the city was outraged. They hired more police and started programs in the inner city to help combat the violence.
    This year we had 25.
    test
  9. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

have you heard about 2nd hand smoke?....it kills 42,000 non US smokers a year..

almost 1.7 as many as guns...
    your next argument?....

edit: 900 being infants (you'd need sandy hook repeated 45 times to equal that)
    test
  10. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

none of what you say is proven. Cancer kills 42000 non smokers which can be from a number of things
    test
  11. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

test
  12. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

it even says in the article that results are not reliable..
    /thread
    test
  13. ubr0ke

ubr0ke I run shit hurr

either way...your just deflecting the problem to one that you feel is worse..Lets keep this discussion about what the op posted and thats murder.
    test
  14. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

comprehension...get some

That was in reference to what the CDC estimates, and it says many researchers say its unreliable, it wasn't in reference to the study at University of California.

Continue reading where it says UCSF took a NEW approach..
    did you graduate??
    test
  15. Smashal0t

Smashal0t Member

:lux1:

don't send that man off. if you white don't come to englewood unless you know somebody or you looking for crack. lmao
    test
  16. imDementeD

imDementeD Member

No, im not deflecting, i think there are larger problems with death then guns themselves.

If LIFE is the most important thing here, then why are we worried about so little deaths caused by guns...yet we shun away to the hundreds of thousands lost by tobacco and alcohol..

I just thought its common fking sense that if we really care about human life we would attack the biggest problems, not the smallest..

point being, the people, like yourself, you don't really care about life or death in this country. If you did, you would attack the real issue with people dying, not the small ones.
    test
  17. smacking bunz

smacking bunz Awful Poster, Ok Tagger

Fuck Chicago.

Y'all niggaz ain't even crack the top 50 this year.

Philly>>>>>
    test
  18. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Chicago the birthplace / motherland of the Latin Kings organization and all the Latin Folks mobs... And the latin gangs are some of the wildest one's doing it.

Pretty sure there would still be alot of murders. Too many gangs, tbh.
    test
  19. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Far as the gun argument. Majority of shorties doing these shootings don't have FOID cards anyways. In other words, they're not getting guns legally so the gun LAWS have absolutely nothing to do with this. They could be more strict or more lenient. Wouldn't matter. They getting guns off the streets, or robbing people for their guns. Not getting them from gun shops, tbh.

The real issues that have to be looked at are PARENTING and youth groups among other things to curb gang violence in low income areas. There's just not enough being done, tbh.
    test
  20. WillyStPaul

WillyStPaul New Member

they are live but they don't drop bodies even close to what black gangs do... not even comparable in chicago...

and dude might be alright around humboldt park cause it's hit and miss and really is surrounded by some decent areas...

now englewood it's a problem.... k town it's a problem... low end... east side... etc... all problems

I remember back when the low end used to be miles of projects... as far as they eyes could see
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.