50+ HOURS of Canibus [Poet Laureate Infinity]

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by °Oobe°, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. °Oobe°

°Oobe° Out of Body Experience

Over 50 hours of Poet Laureate Infinity, with a total of 7 parts!
    LISTEN HERE: Poet laureate infinity (50 hours+) - YouTube

So what is this?
    This is just a few ways to explain it:

"Canibus introduced Poet Laurete Infinity in 2007. For those who aren't aware, it was 5 different 200 bar verses.
    For a total of thousand bars, that was displayed on a virtual mixing board online. Essentially, you would press play, and all 5 sets of 200 bars would play at once, with 4 muted.
    You could at any time, mute one, and unmute a different one.
    And do this every single bar, and no matter what, they would flow to make a new Rhyme. It was designed to make "infinite" rhymes, as there were countless different mixes that could be created.

He then utilized his fanbase, by allowing them to submit mixes, actually encourage them to make different mixes.
    His aspiring producers/canibus fans then went so far with it, that they chopped up every word from the 1000 bar project, and esssentially pierce them back together, making new rhymes. The problem with this, is that it can sound awful with chopped words put together.. Unless someone like Oobe decides to get involved ofcourse..by mixing it so smooth you can't tell the difference between a studio recorded verse or a chopped mix by fans.

"Infinite Rhyming consists of several verses, called layers, that share the exact same rhyme scheme and flow. By putting each layer into a separate channel of a mixer, it gives the user the ability to switch between layers seamlessly, while still maintaining a coherent rhyme structure, content, rhythm and flow. This allows users to create their own songs, or mixes, in an infinite number of ways.

Layer 1, Mixer Channel 1:
    I spit rhymes for your pleasure/ You listen at your leisure/
    I only record it once you listen to it forever/

Layer 2, Mixer Channel 2:
    I spit at a thousand KIPS, kilo tonnes of pressure/
    Every letter is measured/ in such a way you will remember/

"Compare/listen to all forms of music & you'll more than likely end up continuing to listen
    to those which satisfy your tastes. Everyone listens to what they "like" & some even say that's what's great about music is becuz you have different types of music for everyone to find something they like. This has been the standard for music & what Canibus did was evolve that standard from the concept of subjectivity into an objective form meaning not only is music some thing for the "listener" to listen to, but also to "create" music for himself w/o the talent behind the process).

Regardless of what Canibus says initially on one of these new songs, whether you agree/like/dislike it or not, the point is to RE-initialize it to how you would want it. Don't just listen to the WORDS & attempt to absorb their meanings, look at their structure, why that particular structure relating to that particular couplet, bar; WHY IS IT GOOD MUSIC, how can you justify the claim that you think it is good/bad w/o understanding the process behind it."

"Infinity is a relational concept; relationships such as differences in size, amount, time and many other quantifiable things. I will say that time is the idea that events occur one after another. Infinity creates two never-ending sides to time's before and after process. Thinking about this for not long will render a certain quality to events and things, especially music. What would you do? Continue to make things which exist on a linear timeline? No true artist is ever creating along a linear timeline because they are expressing their work naturally, and not always under the influence of daily time.

All we see are rap track starting at 0;00 and ending after some time. Human language and rap is an expandable system of communication. Expandable like the arms of an octopus or threads woven in many directions. I just so happen to think its cool that Canibus is spending his time making a poem which alters itself incidentally in sound, meaning, story, wordplay, etc. when it is operated. Starting with basic time and infinity we have come to understand something which is not basic."

:sotechnical:
    test
  2. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

tl;dr those look like Tom Cruise mom's shoes
    test
  3. RonSimmons

RonSimmons my name, is Battle Rap

wow save the unfunny "canibus is a joke" posts and this is just amazing
    test
  4. WillyMcLain

WillyMcLain Well-Known Member

wth???

i wouldn't listen to .50 seconds of canibus in 2013... much less 50 hours
    test
  5. Korey

Korey Well-Known Member

So these are all fan made mixes of the original Poet Laurate Infinity? These aren't from the upcoming RTK2 right?
    test
  6. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

@L u c y plz move BDSM thread to lipsticc alley
    test
  7. johnjohn41

johnjohn41 New Member

I've heard of this, this guy's mind is on some next level shit. Who the hell thinks of something like this? :funny:
    test
  8. Korey

Korey Well-Known Member

test
  9. 12345678

12345678 New Member

this is an apalling idea come now. it's contrived as fuck. im a canibus fan tbh but this type of shit doesnt help his case
    test
  10. Spacelab

Spacelab Well-Known Member

This says Canibus' rhymes are so generic and interchangeable, you can literally randomize them to form a song. That's not a selling point.
    test
  11. 12345678

12345678 New Member

has anyone actually listened to this shit? it sounds apalling
    test
  12. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

this shit goes hard.. gonna pump iron to this today
    test
  13. furl

furl Keep Movin

this would have been the shit when i was like 14.... now it's pathetic an kind of funny... and not good
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.