50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (Updated)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

LastManStanding
    Proud2BEhBattleMC'
    Rent Money

Are the 3 battle competitions that have had a high number of events with alot of talent involved. Having any of those 3 on your resume as a Canadian battler is a solid accolade
    test
  2. realtalk101

realtalk101 Patriots>>>

adeem aint that nice imo.

proffessor green is overrated as fucc.

jin is vastly overrated.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Definitely. I sent you an email a while back when you asked about it. I had remembered you said you'd be willing to write a passage for it or something. I hope you're still willing, because that would be dope as fuck if you could. Everyone in the contributor's section will get a portrait as well (yourself, Illz, Drect, Kevin Beacham, Wendy Day, Harry from Jumpoff, etc).

I'll wait for a different photo as well, lol.

I'll resend that email.
    test
  4. gregrieke20

Lol. I saw goodfellaz, and wiseguys when I was looking for images of him, I went with my instinct. I'll fix it, thanks, I appreciate it.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

No rush man, I still have a ways to go, so you have plenty of time to get it how you want.

Also thanks for letting me know about the Canadian leagues/tourneys. I'll probably just put one in. So Proud 2 be eh Battle MC was the biggest one?
    test
  6. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

and don't forget to add Beast Coast battles, they have been a huge contribution to the battle community.

edit - dammit late
    test
  7. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

all i know is i want these cards. . . you should produce a ass load of them . . . you can keep the jin one though. . .
    test
  8. gregrieke20

I agree Adeem isn't that nice, but he won Scribble twice. That automatically puts him in (at least imo)

Pro green is overrated, but in all honesty I always thought he was kind of dope. However it doesn't matter who I think is dope, I tried to ignore my personal opinions when I put it together. Regardless, Pro Green has triple digit wins at the jumpoff stage battles, and only like 6 losses. That along with the fact that he had arguably the biggest impact on UK battling puts him in for me.

Jin is overrated yes, but to say he's not top 50 is ridiculous. I could give the reasons why, but I would hope I don't have to.
    test
  9. dumbfoundead

dumbfoundead New Member

yea i'll get that to you asap
    test
  10. _Organik_

hey bro i sent all my info, let me know if u need nething else

sorry for the long wait lol

thanks again for everythign
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Appreciate it. (unless that post is sarcastic, in which case, that's mean)

Also, lol at the "respek ba lied to you" tag. I'm assuming whomever wrote it is referring to his name. I saw "Nicky Tesla" somewhere on one of his fliers or something. So I put it on there with the intention of changing it, but I haven't gotten around to it. If anyone knows his real name and could give it to me that'd be appreciated.
    test
  12. gregrieke20

Dude what you gave me is PERFECT. This is exactly what I'll need for both the book and the card. Its also good, because now I'll have kind of a skeleton to write the ones like Busy Bee that would be next to impossible to get.
    test
  13. _Organik_

glad i could help man, i resent a fixed copy as a piece of the bio was chopped in the first email i sent.

thanks again homie, shit looks amazing (i can see pics on my iphone, but not computer lol)

your a good dude for doin this, thx for contributing to the scene
    test
  14. Ness Lee

Ness Lee I'm kind of a big deal

lol i dont know one person on that list that couldnt beat canibus in a battle
    test
  15. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

naw he'd be like 'yo [insert name] that a [insert object] on your arm? let me borrow dat'
    test
  16. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Posting that Anecdote shouldn't be on the list because he has only 2 battles (to your knowledge) outside of the WRC is retarded. If you haven't seen many battles of someone, rather than assuming they don't exist, go and look for them. Common sense
    test
  17. gregrieke20

Here is an example of the back of a card. I looked at a few baseball cards to sort of get the text similar. At the bottom are three notable accolades. Obviously most of the battlers on the list have more than three accolades, but it would be difficult to fit more on there, so I'm choosing to go with the three that are most impressive.

In the book each battler will have an entire spread that is his or hers, so there I will be able to fit an entire page bio, the other accolades, and so forth. (I'll post an example of a spread from the book soon).

Also it should be noted the printed version of all of this will look far more crisp. As you can see the text isn't as clear on the back of the card, but this is merely because I had to make the pics a lower resolution in order to be viewed quickly on this site. The program I'm doing them in, everything looks fine.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also, below the accolades you can see the logo I created for the overall project. Its going to be small on the cards of course, but here is a larger view of it that will show up in other places.

[​IMG]
    test
  18. Micky Dangerous

Micky Dangerous New Member

^ looks great

first this

next Battling top trumps
    test
  19. gregrieke20

Had to look up top trumps. Hahaha, yea.

And thanks.
    test
  20. Ryan KOTD

Ryan KOTD www.kingofthedot.com

i'd be willing to contribute to this as well if u need more editorial.. i ran all of those proud to be competitions and have been heavily invoolved in the canadian battle scene for almost 10 years.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.