50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (Updated)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

From last time, Nems for Whashisface and I think Bo-rat for someone else have been the only changes. I know Nems' video footage on the internet isn't the best, but he was 25-4 at Fight Klub, and is the all-time winningest rapper there (Serius Jones is second with like 12 or something). His battle with Marv is (IMO) one of the best "street" battles of all-time.

From the ORIGINAL list, only like 10 names have ever changed, I just think people saw guys like Arkaic and Hom on the first one and thought it was a horrible list or whatever. That's fine, just so long as I get a solid list at the end. But the bulk of the names that were on this list now were on the first one, it just seemed like some people saw guys they really didn't like and said it was a bad list in the beginning. Whatever is the case, please continue to suggest people, and also suggestions on leagues/tourneys are encouraged as well.

Thanks.
    test
  2. gregrieke20

See I don't really know about some of these guys though, and others don't seem to as well that's why they've been on/off the list. All three of those were on the original one, yes. Then I took them off, and even in this thread, its been suggested to put canibus in. LL cool j was also suggested here, but I've also been told he barely ever face-to-face battled, so I'm not really sure what to believe.

All three of those guys I got conflicting opinions on, KRS-One as well.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

Since Anecdote, Justice, Nems, and Organik have all been adressed, I'll answer the rest.

Bishop was probably the most well-known battler of all-time in Canada, (before the WRC's came along) he has countless wins up there. He also beat Jin once (badly) when Jin was at his peak, and they had 3 total battles (I believe Jin won the other two though).

Lush, by his own admission, doesn't make the Top 50 as a battler. For me to not recognize him in some way though is obviously ridiculous. He is going to be in the contributor's chapter, where the leagues/tourney's are. I encourage ppl to give suggestions there as well.

Pack Fm-I'm not sold on him, so you think Many Styles or DBD should be ahead of him then?

Thanks for the compliment on the illustrations. And the list is definitely not set in stone.
    test
  4. gregrieke20

*Feelings Hurt* :(

Its more a combination of things. Talent is obviously way up there at the top, but also things like impact, longevity, level of competition, and other things were factored in as well.

Man these shits take a minute, not gonna lie. I have a regular boring ass 40-50 hour a week graphic design job. But I try to get a lot of them done there, so long as my boss is a safe distance away from my fucking cubicle. I'm trying to get it done quickly, but it will still be a minute in all honesty.

Also, as with Diz and Madness earlier, do you possibly think you could send me a bio? or accolades. Big battles you've been in/won, and so forth. Thanks.

Its-gregrieke20@yahoo.com
    test
  5. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

Fuck I'll send my bio and accolade tonight. I knowbive said that twice now buts it's cause I keep tryin to update it n whatnot

proud2behbattlemc was prolly the most notable competition to win prior to kotd
    test
  6. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

Thx for involving me in this haha alot of ppl don't know my history prior to wrc days so it dope to see it get acknowledged
    test
  7. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Respek BA, Possessed??

Patna cmon
    test
  8. Jeremy Killen

Jeremy Killen New Member

maaaaaaaaan me and like 3 other dudes on tinychat was talking about this shit awhile back lol
    test
  9. Micky Dangerous

Micky Dangerous New Member

this is DOPE, ill graphics

Greg you will always have your haters/ people who argue the list but stick to it, props on actually doing something

Every country has its top 50 battlers etc so i can undertsnad why people want certain rappers form certain countries in it but i think you have covered this well, would have liked to see Twist in though just because of the amount of battles hes done last year

major props
    test
  10. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

No list will please everyone anyway
    test
  11. Tostitos Vet

Tostitos Vet Stackin' Chips

Bishop's crew is the wiseguys (drake, young tony, ken masters) not the good fellaz. Goodfellaz is some emo-pop group he did one mtv feature with.
    test
  12. EvlLyrics

EvlLyrics New Member

This list is kind of retarded. I definitely agree with some of the names
    But is it the 50 best ever?
    Or the 50 most known..
    Or the 50 battlers who've been around the longest.
    It's definitely not the 50 best though right
    test
  13. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

Look, like I said from the beginning. Im down to help on this project however I can.

I dont care if Im one of the 50 best battlers or not, I just want a cool drawing of me too, yadig?

But could you wait til my new photoshoot this weekend til you choose a picture to immortalize..

thanx!

~Uuuuuuunnnnoooo
    test
  14. Saddle Rattle

Saddle Rattle Sup

are you fucking outta your mind? possessed and respekba are fuuuuuucking siiick you should die like not a quick and nice death like on some SAW3 kinda shit.
    test
  15. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

As you can clearly see in my post I indicated that I hadn't seen many battles outside of WRC by Organik and Anecdote. I have caught 90% of battles that have happened in the last 6 or 7 years so those just weren't on my radar.

As for me not giving my opinion, fuck off. Theres a reason its an opinion and I'm not gonna go research every dudes fuckin battle before I say there are people that deserve to be on the list before them. Also I don't have qualm with the artists or their battles I like them both, I just don't think they are top 50 of all time in any way.
    test
  16. Tostitos Vet

Tostitos Vet Stackin' Chips

goodfellaz?
    test
  17. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

na of course homie, it's gotta be done. they look great too. I just had a picture of some kids arguing the power stats of the emcees. like a fantasy grindtime league....hahaha
    test
  18. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Give me links to battles where you think they're fucking sick

I've seen Respek BA against Arkaic.. not impressed
    I've seen Possessed in the WRC Finals, not that impressed
    test
  19. Blah Blah

Blah Blah New Member

to the competitions add Braggin' Rites (incredible amount of exposure for battle legends it actually was one of the stepping stones to the new school) ; End of the Weak MC Challenge ( I think this applies heavily even if it isn't a fuck your mother style battle forum); Superbowl Battle; and DFX? or whatever battles Breez did on MTV with Sway on MTV; even add Sway and Tek's Wake up Show they have supported and held battles
    test
  20. DirtBagDan

DirtBagDan Well-Known Member

what he said...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.