50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (Updated)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

This is an update from a thread I made a few months ago. (I apologize for the length of the posts, however this is a rather large project so I want everyone to get the full grasp of it)

I am a graphic designer, as a portfolio piece, I am going to design a book and "battler cards" and other pieces, listing the 50 greatest battlers of all-time.

I want it to take into account every possible type and era of battling so as to not omit anyone. I'm aware its difficult to compare eras, because of many different reasons, but I want it to be complete. You have to take into account how each battler ranked in their era, their type of battling, etc. There will also be both written and freestyle battlers all thrown in together, I just need help deciphering who is best at 'what they do'.

I don't want people to be completely blinded by the GT, KOTD, DF battles of the past year or so (which I love) and say things like, "Cruger should be up there" or something to this effect. Cruger might be my favorite current battler, and I think he is very good, however his body of work is still relatively small so he can't be up there just yet (obviously some fairly new battlers have done more in a short time so they will be there, e.g. Dumbfoundead)

The book will be alphabetical, so don't worry about numbering them 1-50 or whatever. I encourage you to add/take away any you see fit, keeping in mind to not play 'favorites' (there's some guys on my list I don't really like, but I can't deny their ability) so as to make this as accurate as possible. I've been a battle fan for a long time and did quite a bit of research concerning this project, but I may have forgotten a couple of guys so point those out as well. thanks (the last two threads have been a big help).

TOP 50
    A- Adeem, Anecdote
    B- Bishop Brigante, Bo-Rat, Breeze Evaflowin, Busy Bee
    C- Craig G, C-Rayz Walz
    D- Dizaster, Dumbfoundead
    E- Eminem, Eyedea
    F- Franco
    I- Illmaculate, Immortal Technique, Iron Solomon
    J- Jin, Juice, Justice
    K- Kid Twist, Kool Moe Dee
    L- Loaded Lux, Locksmith, Lord Finesse
    M- Mac Lethal, Madd Illz, Madness, Many Styles, Murda Mook
    N- Nems, Nocando
    O- Okwerdz, Organik, Otherwize
    P- Passwurdz, P.E.A.C.E, Possessed, Presence, Professor Green
    R- Reignman, Respek BA, Rhymefest, Roxanne Shante
    S- Sage Francis, Serius Jones, Supernatural, Swann
    T- Thesaurus, Tonedeff
    W- Wrekonize

Whomever you think should be out just let me know, and whom you would replace them with.

Here is a list of guys who "just missed it" for me.
    A- Arkaic
    B- Brother Ali
    D- Diabolic
    H- Hollow Da Don, Hommy Hom
    J- Jae Millz, Johnny Storm
    M- MarvWon, Math Hoffa, Mecca, Murs
    P- Pack Fm, Pumpkinhead
    Q- Quest Mcody
    R- Reed Dollaz
    S- Stig
    W- Whashisface

I'm also now making another section in the book listing the top 10-15 leagues/tournaments/organizations and their contributors, in battling history. (I know less about this, so help is definitely encouraged.)

(In no order)
    Scribble Jam
    Fight Klub
    Grind Time/KOTD/DF
    Rap Olympics
    Mic Fights
    Jumpoff
    Smack
    Tourettes
    Lounge Battles
    Rock Steady
    Battle for Supremacy
    Blaze Battles
    New Music Seminar
    Brainstorm
    SuperBowl Battles
    106 and Park
    Proud 2B eh Battle MC
    Braggin Rites

There really is no specific # for this section, I just wanted to highlight some of these because I thought they were worth mentioning (also in all honesty, as a piece, it will look more complete in my portfolio). If someone could help me with what has historically been the most well known battle league in Canada (before KOTD) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Again.
    test
  2. gregrieke20

The book will be set up so each spread is a new battler. One page is the artwork with a headshot of the battler, his name, and other elements including his logo, things that show where he is from, etc. And on the other page will be his bio, statistics, etc. Here are a few of the ones I have completed thus far (note: they will also be sized down to make "rap battle cards" with these obviously being the fronts. Sorry again, there are a lot of them.) Also, not making excuses, but the colors came up slightly more flourescent here, than in Illustrator (the program I designed them in), so some of the greens and blues get a little lost, at least on my screen. Also, I have the wrong area code on Madness, I'll fix it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  3. Nyndiem

Nyndiem 9DM

Me..but the future will solidify this..good luck..and to every else..die..violently
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. gregrieke20

Lol
    test
  5. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

Limited Edition, Bonus Tiger Ty cards
    test
  6. Frank Rizzo

Frank Rizzo Well-Known Member

I'm getting all red x's for the pictures
    test
  7. gregrieke20

Man I'm not sure. I remember one or two people saying they couldn't see them in the past. I was told it may be the browser you're using? I don't really know a lot about that kind of thing, I use firefox.
    test
  8. MaDneSstheKing

MaDneSstheKing Critical Madness

Yeah, the area code is 407 and is it possible to thin my face up a little?? Hahahaha am I that fat? Probably, but damn. Tony Gomez, by the way.

[​IMG]
    test
  9. Pat Stay

Pat Stay Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    test
  10. DIZASTER

DIZASTER New Member

u missed canibus in c-section
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Yea I actually noticed that as well, I'll thin it down, lol. And I hadn't noticed the 401 until I started posting, so I'll fix it.

Would it be possible for you to send me some of your accolades or your bio or both? Obviously I'd need it for the book and cards so it'd be a big help, rather than trying to dig up info. Thanks if you could. A few people have given me a couple things already.
    test
  12. Thorne

Thorne come at me bro

you should add Lionz Den under the leagues section.
    test
  13. MaDneSstheKing

MaDneSstheKing Critical Madness

No doubt. Where do I need to send it?
    test
  14. gregrieke20

Yea, I had him originally but there seems to be varied ideas on if he really ever face to face battled ther. I think the list is fairly solid, but there were other guys too who people weren't really sure on as well. KRS One and Big L for example.

Also, I know you gave me some stuff, which I appreciate it definitely helped, but the same with you, if you come up with any more info on your battling career let me know, thanks. Your record, or if you won "The Pit" in what year or whatever.
    test
  15. gregrieke20

test
  16. DIZASTER

DIZASTER New Member

05' 06

semi finalist in 04' chicago all out anuual mc battles...featured in chicago tribune
    test
  17. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

this is sick, but i would change nocandos pic cus he looks weird/scary as fuck, some horror movie shit haha
    test
  18. gregrieke20

Dope, thanks.
    test
  19. gregrieke20

Haha, yea I know what you mean. Actually design-wise, Nocan's is my favorite to be honest (As far as just the face itself, not the entire card) but yea I see what your saying, lol.
    test
  20. DirtBagDan

DirtBagDan Well-Known Member

These are fucking ill... I'm still worth 2 Thesaurus and a signed Illusion Z!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.