50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: The Saurus

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

this is real dope. I'm def feeling the illustrations and article content.

Is this going to be a book of some sort? If so when is it going to drop?
    test
  2. kingofrap99

kingofrap99 New Member

Great project. I am not a big fan of the article because most battle fans already know Saurus' accomplishments. It would be cool if the article revolved around what inspired Saurus and how he would prepare for battles. For example, I don't like reading stuff on how Kobe Bryant has won 5 championships and is arguably the best player in the game, I like reading articles on how he elevated himself to that level by working out 6 hours a day, hiring Hakeem Olajuwon to help him with his post game, etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliment. I get what you're saying, but all the articles have to maintain a consistency. I know tons of people here know Saurus' accomplishments of course. But I can't just make assumptions that everyone knows his entire career like a lot of battle heads do, you know what I mean?
    test
  4. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Also, if anyone else wanted to suggest a different quote let me know.

I was thinking of going with the "christian bale" scheme vs. Face and Possessed.

I was kind of wanting Saurus' quote to be from the '05-'08 time period, since that's when he was most dominant, but GT or KOTD ones would be cool too.
    test
  5. CartmanGTSP

CartmanGTSP New Member

This tbh.

The quote you have is good though. I would leave it as it is.
    test
  6. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

To address a few things people have mentioned ...

- I generally mention the name of an opponent if that opponent is significant enough that I feel the audience would want to know the battler being profiled faced them, or if the battle itself was significant enough that the names of all MCs involved deserve to be mentioned. That's why Possessed and Wha'shisface and Justice get mentioned here but, say, Nocando or Franco don't. More or less I just try to put them in when it sounds natural.

- Like Greg said, while it's true that even most casual fans will know Saurus' resume, the profiles are written from a historical or biographical perspective. So they need to be mentioned as a matter of consistency. I think examining the world of battle rap pre- and post-WRC is fascinating, and especially the way that Saurus kind of became the arbiter of that change as the most recognizable battler on the internet, but that kind of article is for a different time.

- I love the Christian Bale quote from the 'Zest and Face battle. And, obviously, James Vanderbeek on eight grams of tweak is a golden one. I also really like "do you know how much this shit is worth in Middle Earth?" There's a lot to choose from.

Thanks again for the feedback and compliments guys.
    test
  7. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

thesaurus deserves this.
    test
  8. drunkard23

drunkard23 New Member

nice artical but wasn't illmaculate the 1st to win scribble jam from california. this top 50 would be a lie if there wasn't illmaculate, eyedea & justice(aus). but i'm sure there in the works
    test
  9. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Illmac is from Portland. And I know that Illmac and Eyedea are in the book, but Ì dunno if Justice is. You can check out the full list in the thread Greg posted in the original post.

Edit: Justice is, indeed, on the list.
    test
  10. pill grim

pill grim CHRONNIE SPARKO

good shit guys, can't wait for this book to be published.

also can't wait to see eyedea's page...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.