50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Sage Francis

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

Please PLEASE keep pointing out little errors I might have made or giving suggestions on how these could be improved. Having a community like this full of dudes knowledgeable on our subject matter can only make this shit better in the end, we really want to know what you guys think of these from a stylistic and content standpoint. Your opinions are real valuable to me as a writer ya know?

Glad people are liking it and are on board with the project, I'm pretty excited about it.
    test
  2. steelfist

steelfist New Member

What a freaking hater. You're worthless.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Bump just for any curiosity that may have been generated from chuckles hilarious (and dope) thread.
    test
  4. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Your rhymes are forced as fuck, imo
    test
  5. FREDDY RUGER

FREDDY RUGER New Member

am not
    test
  6. GASP

GASP ¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!

Fuck off Stock
    test
  7. drunkard23

drunkard23 New Member

this^^
    test
  8. scrotie

scrotie aka lil generation gap

the quote you used is one of the lines that made me want to look up more battles. so fuckin ill
    test
  9. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Watch as I do dances
    test
  10. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

This one is still my personal favorite profile. Sage is a truly gifted artist.
    test
  11. Gwame

Sage Francis fans better get my above post btwtbh

Btw Greg any chance of a piece of DFI since it's new and upcoming and Ireland's biggest battle movement, and whatnot?
    test
  12. gregrieke20

Don't Flop is going to be in the book. I was definitely planning on DFI being included in the Don't Flop bio, but in all honesty I don't think DFI is big enough in itself to have its own bio.

Of all the dozens of current leagues, I had only planned on four being included. GT, URL, KOTD, and Don't Flop.
    test
  13. TunK

TunK Active Member

I cant wait to buy this book man
    test
  14. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

I think it would probably be good to mention that the book is biased towards English battlers, which is why leagues like Fliptop (clearly more successful than Don't Flop) aren't in it.

Your book, your call though.
    test
  15. gregrieke20

Thanks Tunk, definitely appreciated.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

You make a decent point. If I were to include FlipTop, it would only be as a league, and none of their battlers would be close to making a top 50 list. I'll also say that FlipTop is less than a year old, and it would be odd to include it just on that basis alone.

I'd also argue that while it may be more successful in viewcount, the quality of the battles is not be as high.
    test
  17. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you should write a whole entry, just maybe a qualifier on your "Other Leagues" page (I guess I am assuming you will have one though) that explains that the book is primarily about battling in English (assuming it is). Definitely none of their individual battlers deserve it, but I do think it compares favorably to Don't Flop (hard to say if the quality is high or not, as I don't understand it, but the massive view counts never before seen in battling history have to count for something).

Like I said though, it's your book, do your thing.
    test
  18. gregrieke20

Well I was thinking of having an opening entry that talks about leagues and so forth, and there I was going to say something like "Battling has gone global, with leagues sprouting up in The Netherlands, France, The Phillipines, and all over the world." And then I was thinking of mentioning FlipTop's accomplishments, but that would be about it.
    test
  19. Gwame

So you probably know that DFI started as part of Don't Flop but went independent after a while? It's definitely not as big as the 4 main leagues you mentioned, but it is generating some buzz. Redzer and Nugget from DFI tend to be listed as among the best Don't Flop battlers, if you've seen any of these "top __ in don't flop" threads.

But yeah tbh it probably doesn't have enough history for its own bio entry anyway, I just meant a name-drop as an upcoming league or something like that.
    test
  20. gregrieke20

Yea, i knew it started as part of DF then went independent. I had planned on just mentioning it like that basically, and saying Redzer is the president or whatever. Apologies for sounding ignorant, but isn't there a DF Scotland as well? or Wales or something?

Cuz I had planned on saying "Don't Flop also has off-shoots in Ireland and Scotland" and then going into it a little bit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.