50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Roxanne Shante

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

This the broad that lied about have a doctorAte all on the dime of a defunct label right?smh

I remember watching that on the beef DVD like man I don't believe but it sounds good
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

lol...yea h20 that's her.
    test
  3. LucianoCrakk

LucianoCrakk New Member

Never heard that name before.

90s babies on deck.
    test
  4. deez349849

deez349849 New Member

not to derail the thread but...the red statement is incorrect greg. just thought u'd wanna know since you are writing the definitive book on battling. anyway em came in 2nd to juice in BOTH tournies. both were held in 97. i was there for the scribble loss as i'm from cincinnati. so i know this one firsthand. and of course the rap olympics loss is pretty well-known at this point. but just in case you dont believe me i'll try to post a couple links if rm will let me.
    www.scribblejam.com
    Rap Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    wikipedia is blacked out cuz of the SOPA thing right now but the rap olympics results are all over the place tbh.(google is your friend)

also roxanne shante DEFINITELY deserves to be on this list moreso than over half the others on said list. not gonna name names here as i'm not out to hate on anyone...however i feel it is necessary to name this name:funny::funny:...

@johnnystorm...you're a beast and have def earned your spot through hard work and multiple accolades. you're one of my favorite battlers right now but you're coming off as nothing less than a jelly hater tbqf. very surprised out of all the people you could've picked on this list, that u chose a pioneer such as her. she was one of the first people to air out her opponents with really personal attacks. not to mention she was a female killing DUDES AND other females AND doing so from a young ass age.(read the bio, imo)..not to mention look at the fucking crew she repped as the only female?!?!?! i know this does not determine her worth as a battler but this proves that she was not only a pioneer in rap and battle rap, but was respected by some of the most influential pioneers in hip-hop history. therefore rendering your opinion to almost nil.

SMH...step your respect game up young'un
    test
  5. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

:jaydamn:
    test
  6. deez349849

deez349849 New Member

"you have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours"

will get you tomorro family. respect your post game. you're one of the real niggas regardless of whether i agree with all your battling opinions(some math ones, off top. since i think cal ate his food) or not.
    test
  7. BoDiddley

BoDiddley New Member

^lol i think you got me confused i always said calico beat math
    test
  8. deez349849

deez349849 New Member

ok my bad...maybe i do then..was reading a thread earlier tonight you were posting in where people were talkin bout math/verb/calicoe and shit. musta thought you were one of the ones saying math beat cal. now I DO think math busted verb's ass. but this aint what greg's threads about tbh:funny:

either way...respect..and 2u2 greg...book's startin to come together nice
    test
  9. Dusted77

Dusted77 Active Member

Sheesh , def not something to be proud of
    test
  10. furiouz stylez

furiouz stylez New Member

straight razor

5hante's like my big sister and I can tell you from personal experience big sis ain't nuthin to fuck wit...busy bee lost that battle,but hip hop back then had an old boys club that was unfuckwitable.still and. Busy bee could'nt fuck wit the r-o-x-a-n-n-e. Plus he was more of a party rapper/ crowd motivator.
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Are you sure (not that I don't believe you or whatever, but obviously I just want to make sure I have the correct answer). I'm nearly certain it was otherwize in the Rap Olympics. Em definitely lost to Otherwize in some rap olympics and i'm almost positive it was 97. I should be having an interview with otherwize in the coming weeks for this book, so obviously I want to make sure I'm asking the right questions, lol.

Here are some sources (I'd seen the wikipedia saying Juice won, but in all honesty I simply thought they got it wrong, whatever is the case I just want to make certain I get it right...and that's crazy that you got to see Em vs. Juice...fuckin awesome)

Project Blowed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    View topic - Eminem's battle with Otherwize?
    How Did Eminem Become Famous?
    Eminem

It was always my understanding that the loss had sort of a story behind it as well...like Eminem was the loser and went on to worldwide fame directly following th tourney, while Otherwize was the winner, and never really blew up.
    test
  12. Jizzurrection

Jizzurrection College Educated

RIP Johnny Storm
    test
  13. gregrieke20

if a mod could move this to the subforum that would be great. thanks
    test
  14. deez349849

deez349849 New Member

yeah greg i am ALMOST certain...i wasnt there obviously but have always "known" that he lost to the same dude twice that year and juice was considered his achilles heel. this link (even tho it's unreliable yahoo answers has juice as number one answer but has otherwize as a choice too)
    Who came in first place in the rap olympics in 1997? i heard eminem came second, so who won? - Yahoo! Answers

this link says otherwize but is also another unreliable(not cuz i could be wrong) user submitted answer, and now am doubting what i thought i knew as fact

Rap Olympics - Ask.com

tell you the truth, after googling answer for the last ten minutes or so, i've found about half the sites saying juice and the other half saying otherwize. needless to say now i can honestly say i am legit confused and wanna know the actual truthful answer. rap olympics "official" fb page has juice as the winner that year
    Rap Olympics | Facebook

either way i dont wanna see you have the wrong info in your forthcoming interview, but at the same time i also wanna be sure for myself as i thought i knew juice beat him twice the same year, as gospel. please let me know if you find out the correct answer for yourself as all the info i'm finding is contradictory and about even in the results between the two emcees in question
    test
  15. deez349849

deez349849 New Member

wahahahhhaah...another page filled with half the people saying juice and half saying otherwize
    Eminem : What do u guys think about Cage ?

also project blowed site says otherwize but i'd consider that site to be more on the biased side for sure.

either way,idc if i'm wrong and would welcome the idea of actually knowing the legit answer so please lemme know what u find greg
    test
  16. larry word

larry word get sauced n dip

:jaydamn:
    test
  17. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

Honestly in 30 years nobody gonna still not give a fuck about Roxanne or johnny storm
    Argument is stupid as fuck
    test
  18. Gopher D'Gusto

Gopher D'Gusto Well-Known Member

Yo Greg, props to both of you and Joe for the work you've done so far. This is incredibly well-written and really gives you a feel for the era of hip hop she made her mark in. Thanks for the history lesson.
    test
  19. gregrieke20

lmfao
    test
  20. gregrieke20

Thanks bro, it really is greatly appreciated.

If a mod could please move this to the subforum. Thanks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.