50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Professor Green

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas.
    test
  2. gregrieke20

Yea we had originally planned on an "in-person" interview, but we kind of kept missing each other, he got a new phone or something, our schedules didn't match up, etc. So I finally was able to get a hold of him the other night, and I asked if he wanted to just do it then.

Sucks, cuz I really would've liked to have gotten that one recorded, but I think at that point we both decided it was best if we just got it done. Rex was a helluva nice guy. I got the PH one recorded, so I'll probably post that one soon.
    test
  3. Buddha Watt

Buddha Watt Well-Known Member

Pro Green definitely deserves to be on here for what he achieved. Haters gon hate
    test
  4. battlefan

battlefan New Member

good to see pro green on the list.

@greg, is possessed on the list?, or is he in consideration by any chance? .. just wondering
    test
  5. gregrieke20

yea possessed is on. They're the two British MCs that made it (Respek BA also made it)

Possessed in the wrc's was one of the more impressive things i've seen in battling.
    test
  6. battlefan

battlefan New Member

good to hear. cosign all the British inclusions on the list, possessed was a beast in wrc, just wanted to make sure he got the recognition.

thanks for the response.
    test
  7. PhilaTit

PhilaTit Well-Known Member

Where can I purchase that cassette?
    test
  8. gregrieke20

lol, admittedly I don't know about recorders, and I'll be honest the one i got looks like one of those things in an old detective movie. I mean its new and everything, I just feel like colombo or some shit when I go to interview.
    test
  9. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

Pro Green>>>>> Good work greg
    test
  10. gregrieke20

thanks bro.
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Also I know England has like counties but no states/provinces (I think anyways). Its just a small thing but at the top under his name should it be "London, England" or something else? (i know, "google: 'London, county' moron" but there seemed to be conflicting/confusing answers there as well.)
    test
  12. MrFujiwara

MrFujiwara Texas Battle League

I think Green may deserve the spot but I think that the part about "hostile crowd wanting him to fail" @ The Mixtape Summit couldn't possibly be farther from the truth. He got fucking roasted by Serius Jones, choked up, and the crowd gave Fight Klub shit and made them restart despite FightKlub rules stating the shit was over and Serius being announced as the winner. It was obviously a pro Green crowd and Anti-Jones for some reason.
    test
  13. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

You got London, greater london, city of london, then within London itself you have 2 counties, Middlesex & Surrey
    test
  14. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

I'd just leave it at London. Even some people in the UK are confused by London.
    test
  15. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

I disagree Professor Green being included on this. I hate his music, and I've never been impressed by his battles. If you wanna include a British battler why don't you include Possessed?

I'm not saying Professor Green dosn't deserve the pop success currently he's getting, he clearly does, but he should not be a candidate for any top-50 of all time list when it comes to rapping.
    test
  16. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

test
  17. AREpee420

AREpee420 ashy to classy

hey RETARD, possessed made the list and this list isnt a list for 50 greatest rappers its for 50 greatest battle rappers in which i would include prof green. what the guy did for the UK battle scene is unmatched by anyone else.
    test
  18. TurboMikey

TurboMikey Active Member

I'm not gonna lie, I hadn't even heard of professor green before this. I'm gonna check him out now. Both the article and the graphic are dope, the book is looking really good
    test
  19. No_regretz

No_regretz meh

good shit greg,
    test
  20. gregrieke20

Yea, this is actually one of my favorite illustrations from the book, and oddly enough it was one of the first i did.

I encourage you to definitely check him out, but also keep in mind he mainly battled from like 03-05, so if you are a relatively new fan you might not be too impressed with the quality of his lines. But in his time he was good.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.