50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Professor Green

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer, and this is a follow up on a book I'm creating noting the 50 greatest battlers of all-time. By now, I know a good number of you are aware of it.

RegularJoe, (a poster on here) offered to write the bios and has begun working on some of them. I tried doing it myself at the beginning, but I figured it'd be best to leave a writer to do that portion of the work, and I feel its been a DEFINITE improvement. Each spread of the book will be set up so the battler's illustration is on one page, and his bio is on the other.

I will be posting them every so often on here, and I encourage feedback, criticism, other info, and whatever else you all can offer.

Below is both the bio itself, and how it will appear in the book. This is PH's. Thanks again, all previous feedback has been a huge help.

Also, all the previous spreads that were posted can be found in a new subforum. Here is the link: The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time - RapMusic.com (My apologies to the mods for not immediately putting it there, its just that I don't know if people are completely aware of that subforum yet, so I was just going to post two or three here until people are aware, then hopefully they'll sort of gravitate over there for these.)

[​IMG]
    test
  2. gregrieke20

It was easy to hate him. He was a tall, lanky, pale kid with a high pitched, almost squeaky voice. An authentically British import trying to make an impact in a scene defined by American style. Confident, maybe even arrogant, self-assured and charismatic to a fault. Haters are going to hate, and Professor Green was an easy target. Until he became one of the most successful battle rappers in the world.

Pro Green grew up in London obsessed with hip hop and law, varied interests that led to his development as both a musician and a battler. As a teenager, he never met an argument he didn’t think he could win. Green was only 18 when he entered his first battle at London’s Lyric Pad, one he won despite his lack of experience. From there, he went to England’s premier battling organization to make his name, JumpOffTV.

Over the next two years, Pro Green became the definition of UK battling. He dominated JumpOff’s stage battles, rattling off the most consecutive victories in the history of the events on three separate occasions. He took the country’s other tournaments by storm, compiling a ridiculous record of 93-8 and earning close to £60,000 before the dust settled in 2005. Green had a penchant for direct, observational punches delivered with scathing force and conviction, a style that would take over the British scene for years to follow. Pro Green wasn’t satisfied with just being the best at home. His performances hadn’t gone unnoticed in the States, earning him an invite to Fight Klub’s Power Summit battle for $50,000 in late 2005. An underdog in the truest sense, Green was battling not only high calibre opponents like Axel and Serius Jones but also a hostile crowd that wanted to see him fail. But he didn’t buckle. Instead, Green showed he belonged in the upper echelon of battle rappers anywhere in the world, making it all the way to the finals before eventually losing to Jin.

Upon his return from the Power Summit, Green was scooped up by Mike Skinner of the Streets for his new label. Pro showed that he was a multifaceted artist, earning a reputation for churning out radio-friendly bangers to go along with his established notoriety as a battling veteran. He returned to the JumpOff stage in 2008 as one of Britain’s most successful hip hop acts and picked up right where he left off, defeating the legendary Stig in a high profile match with £50,000 of promotional funds hanging in the balance.

Today, Pro Green is recognized as one of the biggest British rappers in the world, having been on tour with acts such as Lily Allen and The Game and having had multiple hits climb near the top of the UK charts. While he has no plans of returning to the ring, he will always be recognized as one of the greatest battlers of his generation, and as the man who brought British battling to the mainstream. No matter what his haters might say.
    test
  3. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

test
  4. gregrieke20

For those curious, I'm not posting every one from here on out just to maintain interest. So for people wondering there's definitely been a lot more completed.
    test
  5. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Greg, my nigga...

LMAO @ Professor Green being top 50 all time...
    test
  6. gregrieke20

Bob, you'll be excited to know who was most recently interviewed for this, and who's shit will probably posted next...(hint: his name is T-Rex)
    test
  7. gregrieke20

lightskin, you too are my n-bomb (no Kollision), but Pro Green is arguably the most influential international battler ever.
    test
  8. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    test
  9. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Which could very well be true. The Top 50 American battlers would still be much more influential IMO.
    test
  10. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

no one ever liked pro green SMH
    test
  11. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Also one of the dudes who made the most money off battling, and one of its more successful artists from a musical standpoint after battling.

[youtube]w946a1v4S78[/youtube]

Somethin' light.
    test
  12. Panda...

Panda... New Member

pro green is weird as fuck, but the success he's had is ajfowkfmrnfmkarn

and LOLOLOLOL @ okwerdz thinking he can battle him
    test
  13. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

:)))))))))))))))))))))))

OMGGGGGGG
    Perfect.

Good work guys.
    Greg, if you recorded the audio you should post it on RM like you did for Lux, imo
    test
  14. gregrieke20

I know a lot of people don't like Green (which is why I think its great the way Joe wrote it), but I've always personally thought he was dope.

This is one of the better "freeverses" I've heard from a battler. Its not very complex or anything (just like his battles) but he just has so much personality or some shit when he raps, and he makes it look pretty effortless.

[youtube]1ddj7zY9QLo[/youtube]

"if you ever talk shit better walk it,
    or else walkin is gonna get a little awkard."

really good imo.
    test
  15. gregrieke20

lol, joe beat me to it.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

I see your argument lightskin, but I personally think only including American battlers would be wrong for several reasons. Plus in all honesty, I don't think its correct. I think there are definitely a few international guys who are deserving. Green is without a doubt one of them imo.
    test
  17. BasedDIGLETT

BasedDIGLETT KINGLETT

[youtube]gFMpYOLffKA[/youtube]
    test
  18. gregrieke20

^ lmfao. decent point. still not enough to keep him out.
    test
  19. andrewins

andrewins Well-Known Member

His battles where some of the first i ever saw. good shit
    test
  20. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Good inclusion IMO
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.