50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Organik

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

If mods could move this to the subforum that would be appreciated.
    test
  2. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

i feel like you're either underrating international basketball or overrating international battle rap. particularly when your one example, dream team vs angola, is similar to Hollow vs 100 bullets as far as the quality of the american vs the international. euroleague teams play nba teams pretty nicely in exhibitions and generally the biggest difference between the two is which rules they play by. Overall clearly the American teams are more talented but Barcelona would be the favorite over a few nba teams and I found the 2008 gold medal game to be far more competitive than say, Illmaculate vs Bender.

EDIT: also there's no non-us battlers considered all-world apex competitors (lets say top 10). a non-us battler has never been considered the best battle rapper of a given year. If I made a basketball all-time top fifty list it would have dudes like Hakeem Olajuwan and Patrick Ewing on it.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

I was just saying 'historically' american basketball has been far superior to other countries...obviously since about 2000 the gap has decidedly narrowed. Of course I would include Olajuwon and Ewing on an all-time top 50 list, but obviously they played the majority of their careers in the US...Ewing moved to the US when he was a child, and Hakeem played basically all his basketball here.

I think we were talking more about how international players performed in their respective leagues. What Toni Kukoc did in the Euroleague simply is not on par with what a great NBA player did in America. The level of competition is without a doubt much lower, and this was proven, when a relatively prime Kukoc came to the NBA and was for the most part a career sixth man (though he was a very good one).

Think we were kind of arguing two somewhat different things.
    test
  4. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

that's very likely and I agree that performances in less prestigious leagues aren't as important but my point on ewing and olajuwan specifically is that they played in the united states because they were good enough to make that their primary league. I see a dude like Kid Twist or Organik (the rapper only) as I see Juan Carlos Navarro: able to compete with the top level of american guards on a game-by-game basis, did just fine in the american league, but is more successful and comfortable at home, with a playstyle he's more used to and a lower average level of competition. I guess I feel like ur list has Juan Carlos Navarros but not hakeems, but keep in mind i'm mostly just enjoying making battle rap/basketball parallels. gonna buy the book.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

lol yea...I see what ur saying...and I appreciate your continued interest in the book man.
    test
  6. gregrieke20

pretty please?
    test
  7. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

I think based on what he does and has done for battle rap of course but as far as his battling skills, his accomplishments and so on....FUCK NO. He hasnt done shit to deserve a spot and its basically a slap in the face to those who have put in work.

If I may ask you...im a freak similar to the next guy on this forum, ive been following this bullshit for a decade now, ive seen a lot of fucking videos from back in the days, cyphers, street battle, freestyle tourneys, shit you had to buy from phillip drummond burned on cd's, shit you could download for short periods of time etc...and NOTHING over all these years warrant Organik a place in the top 50, theres not a single argument that could validate your choice as far as im concerned.

NR1 CEO though
    test
  8. brownzvill19

brownzvill19 Active Member

If he didn't make it Canadians would of riot lol. Nah this is AGL Organik is a big part of this battling shitt KOTD events have that UFC/WWE PPV feel he introduced us to some wold wide international talent. Might be one of the most humble nd respected in the business
    test
  9. gregrieke20

with sugar on top?
    test
  10. deez349849

deez349849 New Member

you forgot a big name in those scribble joints in eminem..however i think just because ganik hasnt battled some of those names doesnt mean he should be discounted. what'd he say he won? over 50 tournaments? canadian, or not...it comes down to accolades...lush may have battled a few bigger names, but how many victories/titles does he have? no hate on lush, but he just doesnt have ganik's battle resume as far as accolades go..but even street dudes like reed dollarz? how many big names did he battle? but he's considered one of the best to do it right? my point is, while i do believe that facing major AMERICAN competition should be a huge factor in deciding the 50 best, I DO NOT think it can be based solely on that. otherwise you'd have to leave out people like reed dollarz too..(which btw, reed is one of my all time faves and imo should def be included)...kinda double standardish tho iah, to leave out ganik because he hasnt faced enough elite comp
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.