50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Organik

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I need that spinning "Got Dayum!!!" gif that TrillthugBoss used to use.
    test
  2. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

[​IMG]
    test
  3. gregrieke20

lmfao...outstanding
    test
  4. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

haha i can def see the argument. It is what it is..

i dont expect ppl to believe what theyve never seen tho.. unfortunately alot of shit i did will never be seen due to it being in an era where youtube didnt exist so filming wasnt a huge issue.

appreciate the work greg & joe.. shits dope as fuck!
    test
  5. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I remember this was how I originally got my name known on RM about that subject.

Do you remember Greg how you had Organik already in, but you wanted to debate if Math, Marvwon, any Philly battle rapper, T-Rex, Arsonal, Aye Verb, should get in.

[​IMG]

BTW, Charron has won alot of Canadian battle rap tournaments. Should he win 50 more strictly in Canada. Should he go down as an all time great? (retorical question)

Hell, I still say Head Ice is a top 50 battle rapper of all. Rep and status from the NY streets is 100X more important than anywhere else.

Looking back, that shit was funny as hell.

Anyways, good shit in the book, and Organik will go down as top 10 most influential in battle rap regardless. KOTD>>>
    test
  6. NickJMusic

NickJMusic RealNiggaShit

Whatever anyone says about him deserving to be in it or not good work on this shit. Graphics and Write Up are dope
    test
  7. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

nah, see. its, a forum. so .idc, about when i "go live" lmao.

but nah i thought he did really well vs diz. i think diz clearly won, doesnt mean organik didnt kill it.

i was just fuckign around saying he annoyed me hella in wrc battles.
    test
  8. gregrieke20

To be fair A LOT of different things have happened since that time. I remember when I first brought up the idea I was being questioned for having TOO MANY street rappers, then it wasn't enough, things change and so forth (obviously I know you know that).

At that time NO ONE was arguing for Arsonal or Aye Verb (yourself included), and now Arsonal is in because so much has happened since that time. For a while everyone was asking why Marv was on there, because he had that string of poor performances. There's just so many battles that have happened over the last year and a half or so since the project started. I still only have one Philly rapper, and though arguments can be made for many others, I don't know if there is a real strong argument specifically for anyone of them (but now at this point ppl could even start arguing Tech 9...maybe even Rone soon, lol, who knows)

The problem is, it isn't a book on World War 2, or the 1927 Yankees, or some event(s) that have already happened...its on this thing that is ever-changing, and that has without a doubt been the greatest challenge thus far.

Also, I always wanted some of these guys in personally, but I also always wanted this to be "chosen by the community", so everyone had an opinion (I feel it was much better this way). I'd always wanted Reignman, Millz, and some of the others that were "on the fence" so to speak, and there's some even on the list now that I personally would exchange for someone else, but others have made enough of an argument and brought up legit points, that it makes sense.

(I agree though, the shit is funny looking back, lol)
    test
  9. gregrieke20

Thanks man. Its great to get feedback from the guy's in the book, so I'm glad you liked it.

What are the odds on getting Drake to fund the creation of this?...I've already presumed they are strong to quite strong...thanks in advance.
    test
  10. BWallace85

BWallace85 New Member

Dead @ Organik being top 50. No hate.
    test
  11. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

I mean I understand the whole "competing in america > competing anywhere else"-argument, but correct me if I'm wrong - This book has One time-scribble jam winners in it? Winning a billion canadian tournaments > winning Scribble ONCE and never doing nothing again, amirite? Besides, Justice won Scribble Jam the one year he entered, and did so in a stacked bracket (beat Solomon and Saurus, think Nocan was in the same bracket also). This is about Organik and not Justice, but you see my point.

And if you're gonna include 3 canadians in this shit (fair amount imo), then Organik deserves that other spot. I assume Twist got one of the other......who got the third?
    test
  12. tyronehouston

Justice beat some of the best freestylers in the world during that tournament!!! 1 scribble jam tournament>>>>>>>>>Winning a trillion Canadian tournaments. What about that do you not get??? LML
    test
  13. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

^^^Bishop Brigante, even though imo the third spot should go to Pat Stay. I don't disagree with him being in the book either though.

But those "One Time Scribble winners" have done a LOT more then that. I'm not going to go on a encyclopedia-of-battle-rap-knowledge rant about why you're wrong, but I want you to know saying that is pretty stupid considering those "one time scribble winners" have accomplished a lot more then you give them credit for in your argument. For example, not only did Justice beat Thesaurus in his peak of the freestyle Era, he then went on to beat him again in the written format years later.

The bottom half of this post probably should of just been a separate post altogether but oh well...

I think you also have to acknowledge the quality of these Canadian Tournaments which you really can't considering the lack of footage in most cases. You have no idea who they beat and how the judging went, so you really can't do anything there.

It kind of feels like the freestyling era is slowly being overshadowed by the written era as the written era has (imo) proven to be a little bit more entertaining. But Organik has proven he can hang (In his Dizaster and HFK battles, argue how you want about them not being good opponents but he did his thing in both especially if you consider how vicious dizaster was at the time) I don't disagree with his inclusion at all to be honest. I just wish he battled more because that would probably solidify his spot here.

The dude seems humble though and is just glad to have left a legacy on the battling scene by running one of the most successful leagues the scene has. I doubt he would even be mildly upset if he ended up being left out of the final product. Either way, he should be damn proud of himself.
    test
  14. gregrieke20

I'd honestly say Justice might be the MOST deserving international battler. His inclusion isn't even debateable imo.
    test
  15. Identity

Identity Shaq fears Yao!

WTF? Scribble Jam shits on any Canadian battle events, Scribble is a legendary battle ground where the best mc's have competed and his a more rich history than any Canadian battle ever! You had the up-and-coming battle and underground hip hop mc's battling like Juice, Jin, Eyedea, Slug, Sage Francis, Brother Ali, Illmac, Mac Lethal, Okwerdz, Iron Solomon, Rhymefest, Swann, Thesaurus, Justice, Nocando, Passwurdz, Franco, Borat and etc. What Canadian battle event has a history like that? Winning Scribble was the battle rap equivalent of winning a superbowl or world series.

Justice won the only scribble he entered but when he battled Thesaurus and Madness he proved that he was even better than he was back in 2005! If someone's putting in Organik then they have to put in Lush One too if he's not in because Lush has a far better battle rap history than Organik.
    test
  16. tyronehouston

This right here, tbh. Greg even knows that all the people who wanted more inclusion of the street battlers never even questioned for a moment Justice being there. We questioned plenty of the other international battlers.

NO ONE QUESTIONED JUSTICE!!!
    test
  17. _Organik_

Lol man y'all care about this wayyyyyyy too much.

I've won about 30 competitions from Spring Bling To The Amp'd Battles to Proud2B's to ALOT more... I won every competition multiple times and beat majority of the big named battlers that are well known in Canada while losing to very few.

I don't care to defend myself but y'all comparin me to some names that my battle pedigree shits on... Canadian competitions or not it set the path for Canada to be one of the most recognized country's in the world for battling.

And just because they wernt American or didn't get filmed doesn't mean they wernt as competitive... Kid twist bs prolific battles are some of the best of that time era in ANY country

It also funny that most the ppm commenting negatively didn't even follow te battle scene closely in 2003-2006 and are comparing it to today's standard where the accomplishments seem mediocore

Let's be honest.. Ovechkin would skate circles around Bobby Orr in his prime but Bobby Orr will be considered Top50 of all time where Ovechkin might not be... Orr also played a bigger influence on creating stars like Ovechkin where they may not even exist if Orr didn't create the path he did at the time
    test
  18. tyronehouston

Organik, no hate, but name one battle legend or well known battle rapper that you beat in Canada that makes you winning competitions there legitimate in a grander scale.

I understand your were a Canadian pioneer and a CANADIAN Battle Rap Legend, but understand the difference between that and being considered one of the TOP 50 Battle Rappers and never battling the best battle rap talent to prove yourself.

And who's battling pedigree does your background shit on that we are arguing for? Just wondering?

I mean not to be mean, but ReignMan beating Locksmith on National TV is more legitimate of why he should be in the top 50 than anything you did in Canada battling wise. But ReignMan ain't on the list, and that's not even going into his amazing street battles that ultimately influenced the whole written battle leagues to begin with.
    test
  19. _Organik_

^ lol im not even saying I deserve to be top 50... I don't

I'm not name dropping Cause I respect everyone involved in this..

My first post in this thread needs to be read again lol I agree with this being argue'd ... BUT if other canadiens are deemed fit for this spot then.... I guess there really is a argument
    test
  20. _Organik_

Also can I choose a different quote Greg? Lol that line is horrible lol :)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.