50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Organik

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer, and this is a follow up on a book I'm creating noting the 50 greatest battlers of all-time. By now, I know a good number of you are aware of it.

RegularJoe, (a poster on here) offered to write the bios and has begun working on some of them. I tried doing it myself at the beginning, but I figured it'd be best to leave a writer to do that portion of the work, and I feel its been a DEFINITE improvement. Each spread of the book will be set up so the battler's illustration is on one page, and his bio is on the other.

I will be posting them every so often on here, and I encourage feedback, criticism, other info, and whatever else you all can offer.

Below is both the bio itself, and how it will appear in the book. This is Organik's. Thanks again, all previous feedback has been a huge help.

Also, all the previous spreads that were posted can be found in a new subforum. Here is the link: http://board.rapmusic.com/50-greates...pers-all-time/

[​IMG]
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. gregrieke20

Take a trip into the darkest recesses of your mind. The places where only the most horrific, sadistic thoughts are permitted, the kind that turn an audience pale, slack jawed and petrified. Journey to the corners of your brain where nightmares are created, where everything destructive and evil is spawned, the birthplace of things you keep contained and secret from the world. It's in these spaces that Organik, one of the most prominent figures in battle rap history, feels most at home.

Best known as the face of King of the Dot and the representative of modern day battling in Canada, Organik has established himself as perhaps the most significant contributor to the movement his country has ever seen. But before he became an international ambassador in the battling world, he was one of its most lethal and grotesque assassins. Born in Bolton, Ontario, Organik began battling at the age of 18 and earned his stripes in competitions across Toronto. He quickly became renowned for his untamed aggression and viciously constructed bars that ensured no aspect of his opponent's lives would be safe. Within a few years 'Ganik had already laid claim to a host of major titles in the GTA, most significantly its Proud 2 B Eh Battle MC crown, which he won three times.

The 2007 World Rap Championships would put Organik on the map of the international battling community, as he and partner knamelis ripped up a highly competitive Toronto division. While the pair were unable to advance past the divisional stage, their performances built a reputation that 'Ganik would quickly capitalize on. It was a year later that the Bolton MC co-founded King of the Dot, a league that began as a highly localized movement that sought to give up and coming performers a platform to flex their skills. Within years, it would become one of the most professional and respected battling organizations in the world.

Of course, his success behind the scenes didn't help in satisfying Organik's blood lust. In 2009 he returned to the ring for a pair of high profile battles. He came out of his retirement against HFK in the house he built, a match that served as a warmup for his Battle of the Bay spectacle against Dizaster. Organik showed no ring rust, his high paced tempo and raw delivery carving strips off his opponent's and proving that he still belonged in the conversation as one of the innovators and masters of his style.

Following his battle with Dizaster, Organik returned to the organizational aspect of the culture, and has remained in the background ever since. While he has toyed with the idea of returning to the ring, he remains cautious about trying to fit in the preparation process alongside of his duties as a CEO. That said, if history is any indication, Organik is the kind of beast that can only be contained for so long.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

I know there has been debate on whether Organik belongs, and I can see the argument against his selection, but I can also definitely see the argument for his inclusion.

Also, I'm not Canadian (Joe is) so I'm assuming "GTA" is an abbreviation for "Greater Toronto Area".
    test
  4. abiramnathan

abiramnathan New Member

top 50 worthy? really?

whatever i guess lol

buh he's def 1 battle ceo
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Honestly I can see the argument...but he was influential/a big name in canada in the Mid-2000s...Proud2b was the biggest Canadian tourney from what I understand, and he's a 3-time winner. That says something. Obviously he's been more than influential in the current scene (though of course its been mostly from the 'contributors' aspect)

All that said, this shit's taking a while man, lol, gotta make some finalizations at some points.
    test
  6. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

props to Gregrieke20 ... thats been a lot of work
    test
  7. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

Definitely think it made more sense to include him when you started the book but I'm glad you're sticking essentially with the initial list. Organik> He needs to battle again.
    test
  8. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

It NEVER made sense to include him TBH.

In no way is it meant as disrespect either, but Organik has accomplished substantially more as CEO of KOTD in the world of battling than he ever did as an actual battler.
    test
  9. illmatiK23

illmatiK23 .gif game proper

Well deserved.
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Can I ask why that is? Not saying you're wrong or anything, but he's only had two battles in the "new era"...one of which he won (against HFK I know, but still), one of which was highly competitive though he lost.

Idk, it seems like his "status" as a battler is pretty much the same imo.
    test
  11. Boom

Boom paradox

90% of organiks battling career isn't even on the internet. he did a lot for canadian battling before KOTD even existed. i think he deserves the spot. a lot of people base this off the apex of battling rap and not the entirety
    test
  12. lightskintwin

This is your logic:

America has BY FAR the most competitive and best basketball league.

Dirk stays in Germany his whole career and dominates

DIRK IS TOP 50 GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER EVER
    test
  13. abiramnathan

abiramnathan New Member

u didn't use a steve nash reference

i see what u did there.........
    test
  14. gregrieke20

I understand. But he was definitely a decorated battler in his day. I think the fact that he is so great as a CEO has almost overshadowed him as a battler (which is understandable).

Regardless, as I said earlier, a line has to be drawn somewhere bro...or else this shit won't get done, lol. If I put Aye Verb in his spot, people would have problems with it. If I put Anecdote or Johnny Storm or Quest Mcody or Reed Dollaz people would have problems with those selections as well.

Its tough to get finalized selections, but idk, there has to be a cut-off point ya know?
    test
  15. x_Genocide_x

x_Genocide_x M.R./KOTD/GZ

Organik was a beast as a battler when he was active as fuck...dude's won an insane amount of tournaments, some of them like Proud2B and BET's Spring Bling Canada multiple times..and he was one of the top dude's in WRC's...so why not include him? That with the fact he started KOTD more than justifies his inclusion in the list...
    test
  16. Boom

Boom paradox

you can't even compare basketball to battle rap. so no that's not my logic lol

if you compare it like that dirk would never deserve it and everyone would agree, with this some will agree organik deserves the spot and others won't.
    test
  17. lightskintwin

Greg, I totally understand. We've already had this discussion plenty of times. We've beaten this horse to death.

However I will just stick to the fact, that his name shouldn't even have been mention when it came to the 50 GREATEST BATTLERS OF ALL TIME.
    test
  18. abiramnathan

abiramnathan New Member

this.
    test
  19. gregrieke20

While I agree with your statement completely...the argument against this is that the discrepancy in talent isn't as great with battling as it is with basketball.

Our history in basketball is by far and away better than any country and its not even close (The Soviet Union's probably closest, and they're second by a long shot). There is definitely a discrepancy in battling as well, as the US has produced the best battlers in history for the most part. But the difference just isn't as great.

That said, its not like there are 8-10 representatives from each countries on the list...There's 3 Canadians, 3 UK guys, and 1 Australian...that's not that unreasonable imo.
    test
  20. lightskintwin

All the best battlers are in America. Agree?

All the most competitive tournaments and competitions are in America. Agree?

Never battling in America except but one time and losing convincingly not only doesn't make you amongst the TOP 50; the very idea of you being included shouldn't have ever been thought up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.