50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Nems

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

He called him the president of the faggot patrol.
    test
  2. Shup Denzel

Shup Denzel dhalsim is a hoe nigga

give you the TWO PIECE WITH THE BISCUIT, NIGGA & TAKE THE EIGHT
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I always knew Nems' selection would be questioned. And trust that with the battle footage he has online, I understand. The thing is, just because there isn't video of him winning 25 of 29 battles at Fight Klub doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are multiple sources who can back up his dominance at FK, including Nems himself, and people who worked for FK.

There's other guys on the list with very little video footage who have been selected as well.

There are many athletes prior to say 1920 or 1910 who are often considered some of the best all-time who have ZERO video, and very few (if any) statistics.

But I really do understand why some would question his selection.
    test
  4. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle New Member

if only a good rapper had battled nems instead of mic assasin what a waste
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Also, I personally felt the Nems/Marv battle to be an awesome display of back and forth battling with no one "killing" the other (though I do feel Marv won).

But just because someone lost, or was even "killed" by someone else doesn't put them out of the list. Syanide beat Nocando. There's no way I'm putting fuckin Syanide on the list, lol. And for that matter there's no way I'm not putting Nocan on the list.

I'm not trying to be "defensive" at all btw, just wanted to address any questions. In the end, the criticisms can only help the project.
    test
  6. MRsalesman

MRsalesman Well-Known Member

yeah i remember some polls but i didnt know they made definitive decisions...apparently they did! well im not gonna front, I dont think Nems deserves that spot but on the other hand i dont know whos on the rest of the list so maybe I wouldnt give it to him.

it just feels strange to give someone a spot based off record and hearsay...most of us have only seen those few battles that are uploaded on youtube.
    test
  7. MRsalesman

yeah dude didnt read your answers before i typed. No worries, its not like im extremely anti, it just feels like a bit oif a weird choice from my point of view. and I do agree it doesnt matter if someone gets killed, he could still be the dopest rapper pretty much (and i thought nems was good in that battle but basically he got got)

can you post the full list so i can see whos on and whos not...
    test
  8. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

It's linked in the OP, but I guess it's kinda hard to pick out. Here it is again:

http://board.rapmusic.com/battle-vi...battlers-all-time-illustrations-complete.html
    test
  9. CONCEITEDISGAY

CONCEITEDISGAY New Member

nems is a beast!
    test
  10. BITmafakka

BITmafakka GS palmin' the m1 garand

one shot, one kill, you'd think i had the golden gun
    test
  11. MRsalesman

Pretty good list i gotta admit..only ones i wouldnt add is: Immortal technique<---wooooooooooooooow...he sucked big time, he only gets recognition because of his independent status..or at least thats how I feel. Off beat, wack lyrics, same killed your dead-born baby jokes/punches in "every" battle. but thats my point of view..

and...

Professor green...he was ait, but not that good really. but I guess his status or something gives him a pass.
    test
  12. MRsalesman

oooooh...and i voted for marvwon for the last spot!
    test
  13. gregrieke20

It should also be noted Pumpkinhead and Jae Millz are now in the top 50 in place of Wrekonize and Madd Illz...I wanted to edit it, but I guess after a certain amount of time you can't edit a post.

And it looks as though Marv will be the winner for the last spot.
    test
  14. MRsalesman

hmm okey...it is what it is.

PH also doesnt fit the bill but you cant satisfy everyone. He wasnt that good back in the days and is mid-tier in a written league...but my guess would be you're running out of choices or something. Eurgh maybe? But i kinda get why you wouldnt choose him but still...
    test
  15. gregrieke20

PH has been battling since like 97. He's won Braggin Rites, EOW, and a number of other tournaments. Then he comes back after years of "retirement" and beats one of the best guys currently doing it.

That said PH wasn't really high on my personal list, but there were a lot of people lobbying for his selection, and I always wanted to take everyone's opinion into account.

As far as running out of choices, that's not really the case, as there are tons of guys that I'd like to put on the list, that didn't make it.
    test
  16. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

you are seriously a phenomenal illustrator bro..
    i know i said it many times but i love this stuff..

would love to see some of your non-battle related work as well...
    test
  17. MRsalesman

yeah greg I know about PH's old wins...I just never liked him until some of his recent battles. But okey...I agree, maybe he fits in.

so nevermind that...what do you make off Immortal technique? theres not that much you can say about him being a good battler:) or am i retarded or something?
    test
  18. gregrieke20

Thanks man. appreciated.

I was wondering if you could send me a pic of yourself to create a "portrait" of? You are going in the "Leagues and Contributor's" section of the book for GT. I've already finished the other GT guys Drect, Avo, and Illz.
    test
  19. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

IMO Green may be on there for their music. He's blown the fuck up in England (His album went to something like number 2 for a few weeks).
    test
  20. gregrieke20

Immortal Tech wasn't my favorite battler either. But he was very well known as a battler in the late 90s early 2000s. He took 2nd in Rocksteady, losing only to Eyedea. He also won things like "battle slams" amongst other things. But honestly, if the list were numerical, its safe to say he wouldn't be #1.

As far as Green, I always thought he was kind of dope. He definitely belongs there as a battler. He not only dominated Jumpoff Stage Battles, by the end his name was like synonymous with Jumpoff Stage battles. He has triple digit wins there, and as far as I know, no one else is/was even close to that. I like his music as well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.