50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Murda Mook

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

LMAO @ niggas hating on Mook.
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

There are TONS of battle rappers who recycle lines and whole verses...Serius Jones, Marvwon, Nems, Solomon...and a lot of the west coast guys would recycle lines as well. Mook didn't necessarily do it a GREAT deal more than others...I don't man, it just seems like you may not be a Mook fan, he can have an offputting attitude so I can understand, but there simply isn't an argument for him not being one of the best 50 battle rappers ever imo.
    test
  3. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Mook is more-or-less like the evil villain of battle rap...

Everyone loves to hate on him, but let's be real here, if he was bad like people say he is why would everyone be wanting to get a battle with him now?

Think about that for a second...what big name hasn't wanted a shot at him? When I say big name, I don't mean someone with a little clout right this minute, I mean someone who has stayed in their spot up top or continued moving up since their inception into the game.

Lux has him listed as his number 2 (only behind solomon, who is also one of the most sought after opponents in the game) even though the majority believe Lux beat Mook the first time.
    Hollow wants him.
    Math wants him.
    Solomon wants him.
    Verb wants him.

Now, do you see anyone trying to do the same for anyone who's horrible?
    test
  4. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

I can answer that its actually dead obvious....

Everyone wants to battle him for the same reason everyone wants to battle all the fight klub era battlers.... they got big names in battling cause the competition wasn't as good back then...

Everyone wants to battle them for the appearance big win with little risk....

Which is the same reason they won't battle a credible opponent.... lmfao... outside of lux they will get killed and they kno it... its simple business tkir.... u guys jus make it complicated

Let's c....

Fight klub era goodz tried to battle hollow.... and lost bad according to the whole world... hell I bet his own mother voted against him

Fight klub era arsonal dropped his nuts and got destroyed by hitman.....

And them dudes actually used to win battles.... wut u think would happen to someone like mookie that was losing every battle back then? Lmfao.... u don't even have 2 answer that.... he already knows.... which is why he can't battle
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Hollow battled in the Fight Klub era as well (as early as 2006). Math has come back and done very well against the "newer" competition. Other guys would easily make the transition as well (including Mook). Your argument is a poor one.
    test
  6. gregrieke20

Mook was undefeated at Fight Klub. I get that you're like a troll or whatever but some of your arguments are just godawful. I guess I am responding though, so I suppose the joke may be on me.
    test
  7. MyBallsYourChin

He's just mad that Mook won't give Verb the time of day. :funny:
    test
  8. Deathscythe

Deathscythe 215

Mook's a great battler, I just can't stand him. I think he is annoying.
    test
  9. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

lmfao... why would i care... i think it's hilarious... sounds like ur mad that mook can't battle anymore...:funny:

oh wait mooks a regular rapper now...

his last album went triple wood i heard smh
    test
  10. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

please don't comment back if ur not intelligent enough to make a logical debate... just stick to ur troll comments like "dude ur a troll":funny:

i mean seriously... can u not tell the difference between people like hollow and mook in todays age???? let me throw u a life line...

hollow never quit battling... and he got better and better... mook quit and never got better (please don't say he did like u have proof either).... is that really that hard to understand??? my god i have to baby feed u dudes knowledge sometimes...

math has 4 battles in his whole life on cam... and 3 of them are pretty much modern era... do i need to help u out anymore there:funny:

I swear u should have to pass a basic logic class before they let u log on to the internet smh... I wouldn't even have to address such ridiculous posts that way
    test
  11. gregrieke20

So how is Mook expected to get better when he retired? Oscar Robertson didn't get better after he retired...because well, he retired.

The difference between Mook and Hollow in today's age is that Hollow is still battling and thus has made the transition into the "newer age". Mook isn't still battling so no one knows if he would make that transition or not. But if his Young Hot battle from 3 years ago is any indication, my guess is that he would make the transition rather easily.

So you're saying Mook isn't good because he isn't still battling? YOU HAVE TO JUDGE PEOPLE OFF WHAT THEY DID IN THEIR PRIMES. It baffles me when people are like "Reed Dollaz would get ate up by today's battlers" or some shit. Its like judging George Mikan off today's standards in basketball. Its a whole different game now, but you can't take away from what the legends did before.
    test
  12. Muhammad

Muhammad New Member

test
  13. MyBallsYourChin

So, your whole argument is that unless people prove YOU otherwise they're wrong, even though you don't have proof for your own arguments? That's like whoopie goldberg callin Janet Reno ugly. You really make me ashamed to live in STL sometimes man.

Battling isn't like other competitive things in life. Most rappers will ALWAYS stay getting better instead of getting worse. Why? Because even though they aren't battling they're STILL writing bars.

Look at it this way, after Mook retired he did one battle. That battle was vs. Young hot, as we all know. Mook's verses in that battle would've beaten anyone you put in front of him (yes, even your precious verb would've gotten bodied), and was his BEST performance yet. What did this tell us? That Mook is STILL on his game even though he's retired. Not only that, but he's getting better...NOT worse!

On top of this...what the fuck does Mook need to adjust for for the new era? Mook helped CREATE the current era! Dude's been doing written battles at all kinds of time limits forever man.

Now...since the proof is laid out in front of you for our argument, where's your counter argument?
    test
  14. I_Am_PhArAoH

I_Am_PhArAoH Member

You are talkin about that weak ass retirement man? Oh and of course I heard of people recycling a few lines here and there but yo boy Mook recycled entire verses (in response to your other post in that regard). That shit blows my mind. And I really want to you respond to that hypocritcal shit he is pulling when Verb put up 15k to get him to battle, which is 5k less than what Mook put up to battle Cassidy. And after Cassidy declined to battle him for 20k, Mook said "what nigga you know can't use 20k?" Well, what nigga you know can't use 15k??? Then he tryin to use the "i got signed" excuse, well, Cassidy was signed too. Yall niggaz need to stop the madness bruh, fa real. The battle that Mook had with Arty, that was two niggaz usin recycled bars against each other. That aint battle rap. That is battle bullshit.

Mook is supposed to be so competitive, well, why is he dodgin today's top tier opponents? Cuz that nigga scared. Thats the only logical explanation for that shit.
    test
  15. I_Am_PhArAoH

I_Am_PhArAoH Member

Nah that don't work bruh. The first round material against Young Hot only worked because didn't nobody know who Young Hot was. If Mook was battling a known opponent none of that Jordan shit would of worked. And besides, he had blazin first round, but after that it was the same old typical Mook. Generic as fuck.
    test
  16. MyBallsYourChin

Mook was going to do the battle with Verb...Verb's cash fell thru.
    test
  17. gregrieke20

If mods could please move this to the sub-forum that would be appreciated. Thanks.
    test
  18. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Sure thing
    test
  19. Thesis34

Thesis34 We fuck hot moms N shit

aint got a group of figures, remind me of a useless pitcher... couldn't get his change up.
    test
  20. moneys0308

moneys0308 New Member

Mook was a monster
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.