50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Murda Mook

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Yeah, Greg is right. I'm not saying that Mook is that greatest. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how you could possibly derive that from reading this ... I mean, I think the phrases "invincibility is a mindset" and "no matter what the reality of the situation was, the perception was that of invincibility" and "manufactured his invincibility" are pretty self explanatory.

What I'm saying is that Mook compared himself to Jordan because, in his mind, he truly believed he couldn't lose, and that he was the greatest. Whether you believe that or not isn't really the point of the bio. The point is that Mook did. Get me?
    test
  2. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

Amazing job man.
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Thanks bro.
    test
  4. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

Lmfao @ mooking having one of the worst records in battle rap history and wanting the most money.... ya sure guy
    test
  5. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Ummm...someone forgets that Mook battled a LOT of cats in fight klub and never lost there. No, the footage was never released (mook released youtube videos asking for them to be released, but his request was never granted).
    test
  6. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

ya i hear that all the that footage is in a secret house along with all the girls that them nyb niggas (besides hollow) get:funny:

nice try guy...

my favorite part is how u said he "won" those battles... as if u've actually seen them:funny:
    test
  7. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

There's LOTS of battles that we've never seen that were confirmed to have happened there... Nems had like 25 battles or some crazy shit like that which were never released.

Also, Serius jones vs Math happened there, we'll never see that one either.

Iron had more than a few battles there that we'll never see as well.

I suppose you believe that everyone who has mentioned this shit is just full of shit and ONLY the battles that were released exist?

It's actually pretty well known about these things... Fight Klub has a LOT of legendary footage that us fans will never get to see.
    test
  8. WillyHova

WillyHova New Member

Oh i believe that alot of battles happend that we won't see... but mook winning i would have to see.... cause i've only seen him win once and that was against some shithead named young hot
    test
  9. I_Am_PhArAoH

I_Am_PhArAoH Member

Well lets put it his resume in perspective. Outside of Millz and Lux, I would hardly say that Arty and Jihad are top tier opponents. First of all, who the hell did Arty battle? If you look on youtube and search for Party Arty, you will see he battled some nigga name Kreem Dot. And guess what, Arty used the SAME material he had against Mook against Kreem. I guess i was a dumb ass for thinking that Arty freestyled against Mook. And we all know that Mook was spittin recycled shit in that battle cuz he used that same shit against Weeze. Cardi is a nigga hardly worth mentioning. As far as Jihad is concerned, he is yet another generic battle rapper. Of all of the two or three battles we seen him in, he is spittin obvious written material that his whole camp know, because they are ad libbin every other word. Marvwon and Miles, no one seen the footage so we don't know what happened. For all i know my D-town representatives could of got in his ass. His only three battles that we have seen were against Lux, Mills, and Serius Jones. Now I will admit that is still an impressive resume and you can't take that away from him.

But that shit was a long time ago. Those MJ comparisons, hell, MJ played against the best from three different decades, the best of the 80s, 90s, and 00's. Mook hasn't battled any halfway decent contender within the last five years. He is doing the same thing that he accused Cassidy of, which is the biggest hypocritical shit in battle rap has ever seen. Then he retires like he is this all time great. Jordan retired after winning three championships. Then he came back from retirement, and won three more, and retired again. Then he came back from retirement and still was able to drop 40 points at age 40. Cmon now, stop with the Jordan shit lol.
    test
  10. RegularJoe

You are arguing against a point that no one is making.
    test
  11. RollWithEm

RollWithEm G.O.A.T.

So he cemented his spot that exists because he proclaimed it himself? Is this the same feat Lil Wayne accomplished when he did his first track with Jigga?
    test
  12. gregrieke20

hahahahahahahaha
    test
  13. gregrieke20

As far as his resume goes. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Cardi is dope as fuck and is one of the best MCs in FK history, and Mook beat him at Fight Klub (essentially an away game for Mook). I wouldn't say Jihad is top-tier either, but he was a very good battle rapper. Party Arty is a well known battle veteran and was doin the shit well before 2000, its an indication of how dope Mook is that he performed so well against him.

Lux, Millz, and Jones are 3 of the best battle rappers ever period. And while I only feel Mook won one of those 3 (Jones) each one of those battles is beyond a classic, and who is the common denominator?

Young Hot was not good. But that was arguably the biggest murder in battle history, so I don't really give a fuck who Mook was battling. I watch that battle to watch one of the greatest one-sided performances ever.

As far as the Detroit shit, Mook did win 5 battles in a night and a tournament. He beat Miles and Marv, and Marv has even admitted Mook beat him. Idk, I guess you just think Mook is lying?

I never understood, The Saurus can say he's won 300 battles and only lost like 30 and people on RM will say, "damn Pete that's crazy! I actually thought you would've won more tbh!"...but some of the "street battlers" will talk about there past performances that weren't on camera and you get all these people sayin "yea right"...I simply don't get it.
    test
  14. gregrieke20

International P also confirmed Mook's dominance and impressive performances at Fight Klub, and wins at Detroit. The reason I'm contacting these people is to ascertain information I would not be able to find on the internet.

I know a lot of this "off camera" stuff is controversial and people want to see it to believe it. I feel the same way. And while I also have not seen these battles, I've done my best to contact the people who have seen them or been in them. But if people aren't going to believe those people then I'm not sure what else to do, lol.
    test
  15. I_Am_PhArAoH

I_Am_PhArAoH Member

Well, maybe I shouldn't of said "stop with the Jordan comparisons". But the fact of the matter is people are dick bouncin on the Young Hot battle when Mook made a reference to Jordan, and i can think of at least four different occasions where Mook referenced himself to MJ in other contexts, and what I am saying is while that shit may be pleasing to all of yall "rap battle" ears, it isn't the case in reality. So if it isn't the case in reality, it shouldn't be said. Got it?
    test
  16. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Arty had one of the gulliest bars of all time against Mook.
    test
  17. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

And these "street rappers" WERE battle rap while most of the people here were getting put onto WRC. Smh. It's noones fault but your own that you got put on late.

People just like to talk out of their fuckin' asses to feel like they know something about something.

PS: Shout out to hating on gunbars but cosigning gay jokes.
    test
  18. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Ppl seem to forget certain things like this, then there's the double-standard with all of the off cam battles when it concerns street rappers.
    test
  19. I_Am_PhArAoH

I_Am_PhArAoH Member

Yeah, i guess we respectfully disagree. I guess the fact that Mook "recycles more than Captain Planet" will get swept under the rug. Yo clout start gettin real small once you begin to say the same shit to different opponent and just change the name. I guess that is what battle rap is all about huh
    test
  20. RegularJoe

Oh yeah, I fully understand what you're saying.

But I'm pretty sure you still haven't understood the point of the specific comparison to Jordan that I'm making in this bio. Seeing as how it directly coincides with the point that you are making.

Maybe you should read it again.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.