50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Murda Mook

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

EAASSSYYYYYYYYYy
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people hate Mook, but his battles always entertained me the most out of anyone. Imo, he was the greatest "performer" there ever was in battling. It was always like a show or an event when there was a Mook battle.

Regardless of what you may feel about him, or even if you don't think he was a good battler, the impact he had on battling is/was HUGE.
    test
  3. No_regretz

No_regretz meh

quality quote.... on point.

good job greg
    test
  4. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Newcomers might need a bit more context to understand the quote... Even if you have to spoon-feed it to them like "Mook used the Jordan analogy to show that no matter how bad Young Hot was, he would always seem greater and be remembered because he battled the champion". I dunno, maybe not...
    test
  5. Per$onal

Per$onal New Member

only problem with that quote is that it isn't true. Jordan didn't have 31 points..he had 23..he was outscored by pippen(who had 31), and Iverson(who had 37)
    test
  6. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

test
  7. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

for sure. that round is nothing short of CLASSIC.
    test
  8. digitalboy

digitalboy New Member

I can't stand the nigga (lyrically or personal wise) but he did what he did and we can't change history. Plus, he has his moments. The writing was superb though. I think it may be your best yet (so sad it had to be used on Dotmobs circus leader but I digress) which says a lot b/c these have been fire of course. Nice lil quote too. Picture that was used is dope as well. Hell, like I stated, this is probably the best one yet theoretically speaking. Good stuff bruh.
    test
  9. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

hell yeah that first round against Yung Hot was classic. fuckin legendary
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Thanks again for the comments. And yea, I always viewed the Young Hot joint as basically the perfect example of "How to dominate a battle". I mean, yea Hot was pretty bad, lol, but Mook just systematically picked him apart. It was pretty amazing really.

I remember in the interview my question was like "In 2008 you came out of retirement to battle Philly rapper Young Hot and turned in arguably your best performance ever, what made you come back?"

And he was just like, "$25,000...God wasn't gonna beat me that day."...I know it sounds VERY fanboyish, lol, but I thought that answer was dope as hell.
    test
  11. Sloss Littlez

damn he got 25K? good shit

and Mook been confirmin the past few days on twitter that he only battlin if a nigga gon' put up 25K.
    test
  12. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

No one paying him that. That's insanity.
    test
  13. gregrieke20

Naw he never got it. No one got paid from that event. They promised all the Philly and NY dudes crazy amounts of money, then fucked them all over and no one got anything.
    test
  14. swpstateofmind

Exactly.

That whole event was a sham.
    test
  15. Sloss Littlez

damn that's fucked up...wait that wasn't a URL battle?

i thought it was

and yea SWP... Mook keeps sayin "I'm only 25K away"

Cortez been tryna get at him.. they was goin back and forth like 2 days ago
    test
  16. swpstateofmind

Nah, I think it was called World Series of Hip Hop.
    test
  17. gregrieke20

Yea, it was something like that. Sponsored by MTV I believe. I'm not really sure how URL got the rights to put it out as their own or whatever. I actually like the original camera angle better, you could hear more, and it was like more intense or something.
    test
  18. BWallace85

BWallace85 New Member

That Jordan/Iverson Line Would Have Been Even Doper Had It Been All The Way True. In Reality, Jordan Only Had 23 Points. And Although The Bulls Won, A.I. Dropped 37 On Mike, Shooting 65% From The Field. But Still An Ill Line Nonetheless.
    test
  19. I_Am_PhArAoH

I_Am_PhArAoH Member

I agree that Mook is definitely one of the greatest, but he is not THE greatest. Cmon yall this is not about fancy titles or catchy labels. You have to really look at his battles and put them in perspective. And please, STOP with the Jordan comparisons. MJ actually played against every top tier team or opposing player during his career. Not only did he play against them, he WANTED to play against them. After the Lebron fuck fest fans and the media had with him about his decision to join Miami, Jordan was asked what he thought about it. Jordan said that he would never have played on the same team as Bird or Magic because that would mean that he couldn't beat them, and he WANTED TO BEAT THEM. Mook hasn't battled any top tier opponent since Serius Jones back in 06. That was 5 years ago!!! Math has challenged him, Verb has challenged him, Solomon has challenged him, and what happened? NOTHIN.

He is one of the best, but not THE best
    test
  20. gregrieke20

I don't think Joe was implying Mook was THE best. I certainly didn't take it that way anyway. He was simply saying that Mook took the same mentality into battling as Jordan took into hooping. That's how it seemed to me, and I thought the comparison was pretty spot on in that regard.

In terms of who he battled, Mook battled everyone, or at least a lot of people really. Lux, Millz, Arty, Jihad, Jones, Cardi, Marvwon, and Miles is a pretty impressive resume imo. The Math, Solomon, and Verb callouts didn't happen until after he had retired really.

I admit the Solomon call outs happened prior to his Young Hot battle, but in fairness to Mook, he thought he was going to be battling Cassidy or Reed Dollaz and was ready to do so, but THEY both backed out so he took on Hot last minute.

Just because he isn't taking on the Maths, Verbs, and Cortez' that are calling him out now doesn't mean he's "backing down", it just means he simply doesn't want to battle them. He battled the best in his prime, got a deal, and now he doesn't want to battle anymore unless its for a whole lot of money. Its really his decision if you ask me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.