50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Murda Mook

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer, and this is a follow up on a book I'm creating noting the 50 greatest battlers of all-time. By now, I know a good number of you are aware of it.

RegularJoe, (a poster on here) offered to write the bios and has begun working on some of them. I tried doing it myself at the beginning, but I figured it'd be best to leave a writer to do that portion of the work, and I feel its been a DEFINITE improvement. Each spread of the book will be set up so the battler's illustration is on one page, and his bio is on the other.

I will be posting them every so often on here, and I encourage feedback, criticism, other info, and whatever else you all can offer.

Below is both the bio itself, and how it will appear in the book. This is Murda Mook's. Thanks again, all previous feedback has been a huge help.

Also, all the previous spreads that were posted can be found in a new subforum. Here is the link: http://board.rapmusic.com/50-greates...pers-all-time/ (My apologies to the mods for not immediately putting it there, its just that I don't know if people are completely aware of that subforum yet, so I was just going to post two or three here until people are aware, then hopefully they'll sort of gravitate over there for these.)

[​IMG]
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    test
  2. gregrieke20

Invincibility is a mindset. A belief. The knowledge that taking a loss is an impossibility. That even a scratch is improbable. Michael Jordan understood that. One of the most cerebral athletes in history, MJ knew how to control the psychology of his opponents. How to ensure that no matter what the reality of the situation was, the perception was that of invincibility. Saying that Murda Mook was the Michael Jordan of battle rap is about more than comparison, more than reference to one of his most famous verses. It's about invincibility.

Born and raised on Harlem's 116th Street, in his youth Mook was no stranger to the basketball court or the battle cypher. At first, the court seemed to be the place where he would make his name as a star point guard. Harlem's ballers and spitters shared a flair for the dramatic. Whether your game was ball or bars, it was as much about showmanship as it was about winning. Murda Mook took that mindset from the court to the street.

In 2003 Mook burst onto the battling scene, putting the skills he had been honing up against Jae Millz, a battler fresh off an appearance on MTV's Making the Band. A relative unknown entering the battle, by the end of it, Mook had made an instant impression. He parlayed the performance into a showdown against Loaded Lux on SMACK DVD, eight rounds of fire that became one of the company's most legendary battles. With two more impressive performances on SMACK, Mook confirmed his status as the new kid to beat in NYC.

Feeling the need to branch out, Mook took up an offer to battle on Fight Klub in 2005, easily going undefeated in front of their cameras. Soon after, he roasted a tournament in Detroit hosted by D12's Proof to the tune of five wins in a single night, including victories over hometown favorites Young Miles and Marvwon. With his murdering spree at full force, Mook agreed to the biggest challenge of his career, a throw down against Serius Jones, the current Fight Klub champ. The battle didn't disappoint, going down as one of the most heavily debated and highly entertaining in the history of the sport.

By the time 2008 rolled around, Mook had manufactured his invincibility. It was a quality that seeped through in every one of his performances, from his attention grabbing persona to his trademark, round ending “EASY!” catchphrase. Though he had retired, a $25,000 offer pulled him back to the stage for one last bout. In perhaps his greatest performance, Mook decimated Philly's Young Hot, cementing his spot as the self-proclaimed king of battle rap.

Today, Mook claims he's done with the ring, having accomplished all he wanted in battling. But if history has taught us anything, it's that the truly invincible never fully extinguish their hunger. Their need to be acknowledged as the greatest. Just ask Jordan.
    test
  3. The Dentist

The Dentist Well-Known Member

cool quote, not gonna hate on it, but RM likely will
    test
  4. qwerty1

qwerty1 New Member

this book is gonna be the truth
    test
  5. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

anyone who disagrees with that quotation should be slapped

it's been on my quotes section in FB for years now
    test
  6. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

that quote was serious. so fucking true.

MURDA MOOK THE GOAT I LOVE YOU FUCK ALL THAT MATH BULLSHIT IT'S IRRELEVANT, YOU'RE CLEAR CUT GOAT, NO DEBATING.
    test
  7. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Good shit!!!

Mook one of the best to ever do it, like him or not.
    test
  8. xCypherEDGEx

xCypherEDGEx xBar Tenderx

test
  9. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

lol at the jonathan ancrum banner below his face
    test
  10. ShortyShitstain

ShortyShitstain New Member

yet again the writing is ridiculously dope, If you manage to make this book available in the UK then im buying like 5 of em
    test
  11. fluentnigganese

fluentnigganese New Member

No mention of cash label or 12 staples?

Boooooooooo.

Mook = Greatest Punching Bag of All Time tbh. (Rex coming 4 the throne, tho.)
    test
  12. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Don't like him personally, but the dude deserves a lot of acknowledgement and a spot in your book. Right on.
    test
  13. battlefan

battlefan New Member

Great Post.
    test
  14. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

Good job Greg.
    test
  15. TheGodOfPez

TheGodOfPez Whiskey for breakfast

Keeps gettin' better!
    test
  16. gregrieke20

Thanks for the compliments everyone. As always its more than appreciated.

Also the reason we've done so many "street battlers" in recent weeks/months is basically just because of convenience purposes. My original intention was (and still is from here on out) to kind of spread out the "types" of battlers so as to keep people interested, but it was actually the battler's themselves that sort of determined who I've been contacting.

They were basically just giving me each other's contact info and it kind of snowballed (Nems gave me Iron's who gave me Lux's who gave me Mook's. And Hollow and Iron both gave me Math's)...not that anyone may particularly care, lol, but just for those who may not be into street battling there's definitely going to be some old-school and international guys coming up next.
    test
  17. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Two thumbs up for taking a break from street battlers for a little while. I'm beginning to run out of fresh ways to write about NYC ... I can't wait to head over to Australia for a little while, or something along those lines.

As always, thank you for your positive comments and feedback guys. Love him or hate him, it's impossible to deny the impact that Mook has had on the battle scene.

EASY.
    test
  18. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Cool Story. No troll.

Dope shit Greg, Im not gonna lie there's alot of things in that body of text that I didnt know actually...kinda makes me want to go check out his old battles and shit.
    test
  19. Stock II

Stock II New Member

Why on earth would anyone hate on that quote you dork
    test
  20. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

One of the best first rounds in battle rap history, point blank period.

[youtube]aga33BxuvVE[/youtube]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.