50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Math Hoffa

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Thanks again for reading seattlebattle. The "by all means" part was something that I edited, so yea I'll need to change it. He usually sends me the bios and they come in about 50 words too long and I have to edit them down to fit the layout. That's no fault of Joe's

In terms of the "that" I'm pretty sure its grammatically correct. I'm not an English professor by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm pretty sure its ok. The only reason I really think this is because I remember I had a teacher in highschool who said the word "that" is the most overused word in the English language and is often put in places where it really isn't necessary. I don't know why, but I always remembered that for some reason, lol. It seems like the part you are talking about could be one of those situations. If you are right I'll definitely change it.

As far as the last paragraph, that may be something Joe will have to address, cuz to be honest I don't know the proper answer.

Once again, thanks for following the project dude.
    test
  2. gregrieke20

If someone could tweet this to Math it would be greatly appreciated. I already emailed it to him, and he said he loved it, but just for more shameless views (there was a lot with Nems and Solomons because of twitter) I was hoping it could be on twitter as well.

^ "NAGL" by me.
    test
  3. Drones

Drones Active Member

Isn't it unclear who his refers to?

I also agree with seattle. "His quality music" should come right after "combine".
    test
  4. gregrieke20

Thanks rez.

I actually have been choosing the quotes, but I'm not married to any of them (pause). Many of the guys have asked me to change them, many have liked them, the main goal is just to pick a memorable quote from a big battle.

There hopefully will be a physical version eventually. Its looking like a possibility more and more with each part. The publishers I've shown this to were very impressed with both the illustrations and the writing. The biggest selling point they said was that to their knowledge there has never been a book on this subject. And considering there are books on everything from gardening to the Middle Ages, that its very rare to have a book on a subject that hasn't been completely touched before.

Their concern was a fair one. They wanted to know if there is really a large enough audience for this to be a "publishable" book. In all honesty, its a concern that makes sense and I understand.

Either way, hopefully it'll work out, and I've even been looking into self publishing, which, although expensive, wasn't AS expensive as I had originally thought it might be.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

The reason I didn't pick the "This how Brooklyn do" quote is because it was like 3 bars, or it would have ended with "ain't no crook in you" or something and been kind of odd. Like I want the endings of all the quotes to be kind of an exclamation point.

That said, I totally forgot about the "solidify my spot with gorillas" quote...I'm probably going to change it to that. I fucking love that quote.
    test
  6. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

Greg >>>>
    test
  7. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

Greg, you da REALEST...

Shoutout to Joe
    test
  8. gregrieke20

Not sure. Hopefully Joe can help answer some of these questions. Thanks for offering up help though, its definitely appreciated.
    test
  9. TheGodOfPez

TheGodOfPez Whiskey for breakfast

Good work! The "came on a cracker" quote comes from an ancient joke, but Hoffa is deeeefinitely on the list. My top 10 for sure. G'work, Greg.
    test
  10. gregrieke20

<3...thanks.
    test
  11. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

Im ready to have my article and picture made too btw guys..

u know, bein the bestest battle organizer ever and all
    test
  12. Stock II

Stock II New Member

Picture looks gay and stupid, but the writing is impeccable.

Might I suggest using this instead?

[​IMG]
    test
  13. gregrieke20

Lmao. Just so you know the "organizers" chapter is going to have shorter bios and the pics will be smaller.

But, I was definitely going to use that pic where you have the fedora and hands folded from the "doomraider mob" cover...it'll be perfect for this project, but I was just wondering if you had a larger version of that pic? Like the original photo possibly? Its just the larger the pic, the easier it'll be to illustrate, and the better it'll turn out.
    test
  14. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

Ill look and see if I have one, sir.

I do suggest me having an extra long bio and giant pic tho..
    test
  15. Dougay43

Dougay43 Member

^^^ Lush, humble dude
    test
  16. gregrieke20

Fuck it. I'm just going to have an entire chapter that chronicles the Carletti family coming over from Sicily all the way up to your hosting of the Mac Lethal/TheSaurus battle.
    test
  17. Pillsman

Pillsman Pill Collector

where the fuck is the footage with math and serius jones? cmon fight klub smh
    test
  18. alaroche04

alaroche04 Active Member

"Little bitch, little bitch" >>>>>>>>
    test
  19. digitalboy

digitalboy New Member

First off, this quote right here is ill and is a good general view of Math's persona/style.

Secondly, this is definitely an improvement from one of the last ones I read. There are still some things left to be desired and I thought the "shot heard around the battle world" was emphasized a little too much for me but overall, it was a dope piece once again.

And like somebody else said (don't know if it was answered), will there be a physical product of the book once it's finished that we can buy?
    test
  20. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

About the Dose battle, you could use Math's quote right at the start of the interview, instead of the Shot heard around the world. 'The Kid who put the Smack in Smack'

[youtube]labAHVcuo_U[/youtube]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.