50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Mac Lethal

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derelict

Derelict my balls

"BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. faggot."

or "...you're just ricky bobby swearing you're on fire but you're not."
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Lol, yea it looks like we were thinking the same thing. Yea 2-two bar schemes that make sense in and of themselves are PERFECTLY fine.

I did that with some other guys already...Swann, Eyedea, etc...but honestly I was having difficulty finding even that with Mac. Not a diss to him, but he really did have a different style than some of the older guys.

Swann was a perfect example of two 2-bar schemes back to back. I mean, it was like I could basically pick any of his battles and just listen to four bars and pick them lol.

I also agree about picking quotes from when they were in their "prime" or whatever. I'm more than likely going to change this one, and I also really like the Jack Cracker quote you suggested. May go with that one. Its two 2-bar schemes that make sense, and it fits the rest of the criteria.
    test
  3. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

hahahaha awesome
    test
  4. gregrieke20

lol, yea I thought so too. I have the whole "interview" still (this interview was basically me emailing him questions and him answering them). His answers were GREAT, some of the stuff I knew, some I didn't. I was thinking I was probably going to make a thread about it in the subforum.
    test
  5. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

That could be a really good use of the subforum, for something other than just housing the bios - you could toss in some of the auxiliary shit that has gone into the making of the book, things like full transcripts of the interviews you've been doing, and audio of interviews like the Lux one if you ever get that transferred onto your computer.

Kinda like a 50 Greatest Battlers - BEHIND THE SCENES type thing.
    test
  6. TheGodOfPez

TheGodOfPez Whiskey for breakfast

Good work, Greg. Mac Lethal is and has always been ill.
    test
  7. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

Why not use the 78k / 70 AKs / 7 or 8 days scheme he had against dirtbag dan? Forgot exactly how it went but it was dope.
    test
  8. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Brrrrrrrrr Faggot ftw
    test
  9. gregrieke20

The obvious issue with "brrrrrrrrr...faggot" quote is that I can't have any homophobia.
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Yea, that was a good one as well.
    test
  11. mac lethal

mac lethal Active Member

It's "Hell's scorching meadows and basins," I think. Something like that. It's definitely "Hell's."

"Dan here lives in the 2nd richest city in the country,
    everybody there has a Lexus and eight slaves,
    better than great days, pet leopards and Great Danes,
    in high school you had varsity letters and straight A's,
    you're dad's a lawyer, every day he makes $78k,
    so if you ever got caught with 70 A.K.'s,
    you'd only have to go to jail for 7 or 8 days"
    test
  12. gregrieke20

Yea "Hell's" is obviously the only thing that makes sense. Not sure how I fucked that up, lol.

The Dan quote above is really good, and would translate to the written form really well (that's another important factor in the quote, considering you can't really describe the "way" it was said). Plus coming back after a long hiatus, it was definitely a big battle from your battling career.

I hope you liked it, and please let me know if you need/want anything else to be changed.
    test
  13. Track 2

Track 2 Well-Known Member

i would like to see mac lethal at mob2 please
    test
  14. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

This! And I also agree with this perspective for battling in general. Too personal just keeps this whole battle shit too exclusive.

Then again greg, I've seen at least 20+ people on here show interest in this book, plus probably quite a few of the battlers that you interviewed already. And I know there's not gonna be too many copies produced either. Is the intent to reach outside the battle realm and risk sales? Whereas keeping it exclusive keeps the exposure rate low BUT you will definitely have an easier time selling this to already battle rap fans.
    test
  15. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

This is definitely a nice 4 line scheme that would work well.. just saying lol. I actually don't dislike the one posted either. I mean, it was against The Saurus.. also in the book. Kinda adds to Lethal's credibility being in the book, don't ya think?
    test
  16. Sinestro

Sinestro Active Member

dope read really enjoy these but that picture makes him look like an Afghani
    test
  17. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

At the very least. Every time there's a thread about it, a bunch of people wanna buy it - myself included. The sooner this comes out, the better.
    test
  18. gregrieke20

Somewhere in the middle really. I mean, I want to get it done, or at least nearly done before I start thinking about words like "sales" and things like that. But the intent is to reach to both groups of people. There is A LOT of stuff that is/will be in the book that nearly everyone here will already know. But that stuff will be necessary for the common fan to understand the rest of the book.

Then there will also be things that very few if any people will know about, so its kind of like finding the middle ground where it won't be too simplistic so battle heads will get bored with it because they know all the info, and that it won't be too in depth so the common fan will get confused.

Personally I feel like Joe has been doing a PHENOMENAL job of keeping that balance thus far.
    test
  19. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Co-sign Joe
    test
  20. gregrieke20

If mods could please move this to the subforum. Thanks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.