50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Loaded Lux

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

yeah, as i was typing i was ac tually thinking that the name of the author wasn't anywhere near as important as the idea that you were drawing the parallel between lux's writing and iconic author's writing. Now that I think for the purpose any famous author's name does pretty nicely.

It's not really fair because he's actually writing poetry/shit with meter involved, but i always thought lux had a similar descriptive style to gabriel garcia marquez. intrinsically poetic, not one wasted word, substantiative meaning behind legitimately every sentence. Can't read a marquez book without giving each and every passage serious thought (because you'll miss too much and the rest won't make as much sense), can't listen to a lux verse without doing the same.
    test
  2. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

test
  3. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Good job, Greg. I'm buying this shit. Best believe. Last time I bought a book was The Hulk like 6 years ago.
    test
  4. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

man I hope you sell hard copies of this book, last book I bought was that Jay-Z Decoded but this will be the next
    test
  5. Dunk

Dunk FROG JUMP LEAP

Good shit, you guys have done it again!
    test
  6. digitalboy

digitalboy New Member

This makes me want to go run back all of Lux's battles, lol. The intro. was a good look. Picture definitely could be better but what can you do (besides hitting him on twitter or facebook, maybe he'll give you one) though. Besides a few writing errors, I love the writing on one. I feel like this specific excerpt is what you want to do with all of the battlers. This really captured a general view of who Lux is inside the ring and outside of it almost. I definitely need that hard copy of these though. Or digital version so I can print it out on my own or throw it on the Kindle. I'll buy it either way. I hope Verb is in this 2 by the way.
    test
  7. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

How has Foreman not commented yet?
    test
  8. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

A nitpick, but change "bodying" at the end of the third paragraph to "victory". Non-battle fans may have no idea what "bodying" means.

Or if you want to use a stronger phrase/word, maybe something like "leading to a one-sided and overpowering victory"...or something like that.
    test
  9. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

You can get them cheap as shit online as well. I think I got a short one, like 2 or 3 feet long, on Ebay for like 2 bucks including shipping that works just fine.
    test
  10. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Foreman stays on CPT
    test
  11. gregrieke20

I actually agree completely and will change it.
    test
  12. gregrieke20

Yea, I think it'll actually work fine with this cord or whatever. At first I thought the recorder was not capable of doing it or something, but now I think its okay. At least I hope (here is the recorder: Olympus VN6000 Digital Voice Recorder Review – Bestcovery)

Thanks Job1

Edit: Actually reading the reviews there seems to be conflicting opinions as to whether this will work with a computer lol
    test
  13. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

really want to see him back in the ring. He should battle Soloman.
    test
  14. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Good stuff, and yeah I intend to buy this.
    test
  15. gregrieke20

Thanks for the compliments bro.

Verb didn't make the cut, though in all honesty I am debating on including him now. Like at first I thought there was no way he'd be in, but given his huge influence on St. Louis battling and the fact that he's had BIG name opponents I've really been thinking about including him.

Of most of the current guys doing it I think major arguments can be made for several (Pat Stay, Johnny Storm, Soul Khan, Real Deal, etc.) and Verb is definitely one of them.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

bump...for Foreman...pause...tbh
    test
  17. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Gregbro.. this shit is amazing

wow sorry I missed this, I was def sleeping
    test
  18. shadowboxing89

shadowboxing89 Member

facial illustration kinda sloppy, did you use threshold for the face and blur the edges to make em round.
    test
  19. shadowboxing89

shadowboxing89 Member

i fucks with it though
    test
  20. digitalboy

digitalboy New Member

Word, I can understand of course cases can be made for a lot of people. A lot of battlers deserve that just due. Reading the Lux portion though just made Verb pop up in my head for a sec cause of the connectivity. Lux put Verb on somewhat. Verb created his own little scene in STL with Word War ala Lux with Lionz Den. Came to NY & immediately built a fanbase who champion him as one of the best. You got everybody taking shots at Verb now, in Grindtime & URL when just over a year ago he was on the corner battling some nigga with the image of Sho-Nuff :funny:

Anyways, good shit bruh. Keep em' coming.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.