50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Loaded Lux

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer, and this is a follow up on a book I'm creating noting the 50 greatest battlers of all-time. By now, I know a good number of you are aware of it.

RegularJoe, (a poster on here) offered to write the bios and has begun working on some of them. I tried doing it myself at the beginning, but I figured it'd be best to leave a writer to do that portion of the work, and I feel its been a DEFINITE improvement. Each spread of the book will be set up so the battler's illustration is on one page, and his bio is on the other.

I will be posting them every so often on here, and I encourage feedback, criticism, other info, and whatever else you all can offer.

Below is both the bio itself, and how it will appear in the book. This is Loaded Lux's. Thanks again, all previous feedback has been a huge help.

Also, all the previous spreads that were posted can be found in a new subforum. Here is the link: http://board.rapmusic.com/50-greatest-battle-rappers-all-time/ (My apologies to the mods for not immediately putting it there, its just that I don't know if people are completely aware of that subforum yet, so I was just going to post two or three here until people are aware, then hopefully they'll sort of gravitate over there for these.)

[​IMG]
    test
  2. gregrieke20

His pen game was Hemingway. Metaphor rich and beautifully descriptive. Image after image chained together effortlessly, cadences and flows acting as bridges between scenes. His presence was Ali. Butterflies and bees. He bounced across the camera, shucking and jiving as if to dodge any lyrical punch thrown his way. His style was Harlem. The neighborhood that built battle rappers. The streets that valued quickness of mind and slick talk. His goal was education. To inspire a higher level of knowledge among his peers. If you knew better, you'd do better. That was Loaded Lux.

For Lux, creativity began with the pen and pad. He excelled as a writer from a young age, earning praise from his elementary school teachers. His beginnings in hip hop came from a friendship he forged with Harlem legend Head ICE, who mentored the talented wordsmith in making music and battling at the age of 14. Lux earned his stripes by taking on local veterans like Jae Millz and T-Rex, honing his skills through both victory and defeat, and slowly mastering his craft. When SMACK came calling in 2003, he was ready to unleash those skills on the world.

The idea was to put Lux against fellow Harlemite Murda Mook in an eight-round endurance match. The showdown did not disappoint, with both Lux and Mook going off for over a half hour in one of the most viewed and debated battles in history. Lux took the hype from the battle into his next SMACK matchup against Detroit's Young Miles where he would put his vast array of weapons on full display. Miles simply couldn't hang with the kid, leading to a one sided bodying that would permanently place Lux in the company of the league's greats.

Well established in the streets, Lux's next step was to go mainstream. In 2007, his friend DJ Jazzy Joyce helped hook Lux up with a spot on BET's Freestyle Fridays. For seven weeks Lux tore through opponent after opponent, eventually earning a spot in the Hall of Fame when he retired as a champion. Having proven he could hang at every level, Lux decided to move from participant to organizer, starting up his wildly successful Lionz Den Battle League. A hotbed of competition, the Lionz Den has featured heavyweights like Arsonal and Tech 9 and judges such as KRS-One and Raekwon, all driven by the passion and love its founder had for the sport.

Today, Lux bides his time on a scene rife with new beasts dying for a shot at his throne. His interest extends beyond the ring, as he continues to seek out high profile matchups for the Lionz Den while keeping his options open for a return to battling himself. Lux is invested in the scene that built him, and wants to see it rise to the biggest stage possible. And when it does, he wants to be there himself, venom tipped pen in hand, boxing moves pent up, Harlem at his back, ready to teach a new generation exactly what it means to be a battle rapper.
    test
  3. Detroit

Detroit The d is silent

u couldnt find a better pic lol
    test
  4. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

test
  5. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

You should use the pose he has when he is hosting battles, arms folded.
    test
  6. gregrieke20

This was the first face to face interview I had. Lux was MAD cool, and even bought me lunch, lol.

I had a tape recorder that recorded the whole thing, but the thing is kind of cheap, and it doesn't look like there is a way to connect it directly to my computer. I had initially thought I was just going to use the tape recorder for any notes I might have missed, but then the shit Lux said was great, so I wanted to upload it somehow. It was about a half hour and he just had some pretty great shit to say, it really made me wish I had recorded the previous interviews.

I don't know a lot about this kind of thing, but I have the recording still. If anybody has any recommendations on how to make a recording of a recording without losing too much (or any) quality that would be GREATLY appreciated.
    test
  7. Kunty McPhuck

Also too many fullstops, not enough commas. The 1st paragraph is filled with these, infact the whole piece. It jsut makes the piece of writing to stop starty. Also if you gunan use an Ali quote then use it properly, so add the float and sting part to the butterflies and bees
    test
  8. gregrieke20

This was the largest pic I could find. I dont know I thought it was pretty good :(
    test
  9. Kunty McPhuck

It jsut makes him look like a swimmer
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Tbh, I don't know enough about writing to address this. So basically a number of the periods need to be changed to commas?
    test
  11. gregrieke20

lol...noted
    test
  12. rickiefitz

rickiefitz New Member

Record it back real time through your computer mic input. Audacity is a solid, free program that lets you record easily.
    test
  13. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Greg does it again.
    test
  14. Lucas.TdS

Lucas.TdS Member

This is pretty.
    test
  15. gregrieke20

Alright cool. I'll definitely look into this. Any other recommendations on this are definitely welcome/encouraged as well.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

Thanks fellas.
    test
  17. iSick303

iSick303 knew pac, pop

sick shit!
    test
  18. reznick

reznick New Member

awesome!