50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Iron Solomon

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Why do people have such a hard time accepting for the list for what it is? There have to be historical choices which obviously may not be the most popular (i.e. Busy Bee, Swann) but are completely necessary in context. Then you have the best of the more recent generations.

This is honestly the best way to sum it up..

Its like the HOF in any sport. If you weren't considered Top 5 at your position for more than 5 years, and didn't continue to have a great career with some influence to the way the game was played than you shouldn't be considered. There's always gonna be a few debatable ones (i.e. the Cam Neely's) but the list is a very good representation of battling's very best. I can't ever remember a time where I considered Hommy Hom the best. Any real accolades, besides a personal favourite? Its not about how much you won (necessarily) but the merit of at least garnering some highly difficult accomplishments should be taken into consideration and be the basis for elimination.

/end
    test
  2. TheCapitalRA

TheCapitalRA New Member

What highly difficult accomplishments did Madd Illz, Presence, Wrekonize, and Bishop Brigante do?

It should be based on lyrics. Hom is a beast, his lyrics are among the best, and that should be the main criteria for making the list.
    test
  3. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

I'm pretty sure Mad Illz is out. Also, are you serious? Wrekonize? Really..? Um how bout MTV MC Battles 2 in 03? Battling Reign Man on MTV in '03? That's a lot of exposure. Scribble, among others..

Lolol.. Presence is a West Coast vet.. you'll have to check with the people who been around but I know he's won multiple comps out there. And Brigante? LOLOL. He's won multiple competitions in Toronto.. first Canadian on Freestyle Fridays, battled Jin.. For god's sakes the guy posts on here, you can ask him.

Either way.. you don't win local, national and international competitions because you're a mediocre writer/performer. Lol, Hom was dope. He had some great battles, but that's about it. He never excelled in competition, didn't beat any huge names or have any really big battle (minus WRC slaughters).

And the premise of taking into account the lyrics and performance of every single battler and every single one of their battles and comparing them on that basis is not only impossible, but actually fuckin' ridiculous.
    test
  4. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Dude I love Hom. I really would like to find a way to get him on the list, but as I'm sure you understand, its really difficult to whittle this list down properly. There are MANY guys I'd like to put on the list including Hom, but it truly is hard. And despite what CapitalRA may believe, there is a strong argument for why EVERY person is on the list.

Some of his choices are odd to say the least...Regardless SenSithreads, I'll see how it works out with hom, and I really appreciate you contuing to read through these.
    test
  5. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

You clearly haven't been watching battles that long.

lmfao at troy brown and Swave Sevah being the best of all time.

If I had to be sensible with the choices you listed...I'd replaced Jin with Soul Khan and Immortal Technique with D-lor or Loe.

But you need to brush up on your knowledge.
    test
  6. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

Apparently Nems tweeted this page to Iron Solomon and Iron Solomon retweeted it.

But Greg probably already knew that if he got in contact with them...
    test
  7. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

great idea!

have you considered an "honourable mention" section at the end of the book for those you couldnt squeeze in?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.