50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (illustrations complete)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jul 6, 2010.

?

Math is now in. Please take the time to vote for one guy for the last spot. Thanks.

1. Reed Dollaz

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Marvwon

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Pumpkinhead (PH)

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Whashisface

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Jae Millz

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Quest McCody

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Diabolic

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Reignman

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Pack Fm

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. Arkaic

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Are you aware of Presence's Brainstorm days? I imagine you must be considering the Tourettes knowledge you have ... I can't see how the wins he got over Illmac and Iron at Brainstorm back in the day, coupled with his teaming up with Illspokin prior to the WRC's setting the tone of 2 on 2 battles for a little while would be less impressive of a resume than what Tantrum or Lor have done at Tourettes.

I agree Whashisface has a great resume and should probably be on the list, but I don't think Presence is the guy to go after when critiquing a resume.
    test
  2. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

i plan on buying this
    test
  3. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Yes, I am aware of his brainstorm days. I still have Whashisface over Presence. Hypothetically, His entire career has been crippled by Illmaculate and Thesaurus pretty much...If these two dudes (Arguably the two greatest freestyle battle rappers alive) didnt exist then it wouldnt be a question as to whether Whashisface should be on the list or not.

And I hold Tantrums wins at Tourettes just as impressive as Presence wins at Brainstorm.
    test
  4. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

why? show me some references
    test
  5. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I had Whashisface on the original list, and believe me, he's getting serious consideration.

Plus it would be nice to have a black dude that's an international battler on the list.
    test
  6. Judgekure

Fine. Okay, then how about Okwerdz? How does his resume compare to Okwerdz?

I am NOT looking to have people removed from the list...I'm making a SERIOUS note that Whashisface has an incredible Career.

Ahaha....Dude...Thesaurus and Illmaculate are two names thats nearly IMPOSSIBLE to overcome when it comes to Career performence...These are the two names that I'm sure haunt Whashisface everyday....Dude just might be the greatest of all time in another era of battle rap..He was just born around the same time as Thesaurus and Illmaculate...
    test
  7. XZionel

XZionel New Member

Whoever said craig g should be taken off loses all credibility on this subject
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

This is amazing, I'm honered to be a part of something that stands for every era of the battle genre

great work man, I'm reallly impressed with this

Oh an RJ feel free to re write my bio if your bored lol it could use some touch ups lol
    test
  9. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

show me some proof then show some references
    why does he deserve to be on there other then the commurcialized references on vh1
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Trust that I understand the overall argument of "where's the proof" for a lot of the guys on the list. But I never saw Ty Cobb hit a baseball, and there is very little video of him doing it, but I'd never dispute the fact that he is one of the greatest hitters of all-time.

I think in battling, for the early guys, cosigns from legends in the game (which Craig G has more than enough of) are good enough reasons to allow them to make the list. He handed Supernat his first ever loss, to me that speaks a great deal to his ability.
    test
  11. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

you should add Proof (From D12) or Tantrum

or

H- Hommy Hom
    W- Whashisface
    test
  12. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

was Bishop Brigante ever good at battlin? all i remember him from was WRC's and he was complete compost heap

Looks great so far man, hahahaha @ unabashedly referring to Mic Assassin as a "notoriously poor battler" in Prof Green's bio

that guy will never catch a break....this is legit all around
    test
  13. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

how could u not have conceited in there?

dude has single-handedly introduced 100,000 new fans to grindtime

most popular dude in grindtime and url and has taken battling to a new level
    test
  14. gregrieke20

Lol, I've never gone from disliking a poster to liking a poster so much as I did with Get 2 da choppa's case. At first I thought he was an idiot, now I see the genius, and its hilarious.
    test
  15. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

thank you for answering my question. i knew about the supernatural battle.i think while its ignorant to go strictly by youtube footage its hard not to but i guess its simular to mook, lux, millz and others. this does clear some things up.
    test
  16. mgavin1

mgavin1 New Member

damn id hate to be a battler and not be in this book
    test
  17. gregrieke20

Yea, he's like the greatest "legend" in Canadian battling history. He beat Jin when Jin was JIN and was the first Canadian to win on 106 and park. He battled up there for like 10 years.

Its another case of lack of footage, but his choice is legitimate. I dont know a ton about Canadian battling history, but I'm pretty sure a lot of Canadians would cosign his choice.
    test
  18. JanakanS

JanakanS FourOneSix

This is doooope. Im feelin the look though the cover could be better but hats just nitpickin
    test
  19. Judgekure

Now that you mention it..I dont like the cover either.

As dope as those "Baseball card" pictures look...Best not milk them too much...Save then for the inside pages and dont put them on the cover. I think it would be best to get a GREAT picture of a battle event..Maybe put together a collage or something...Something thats going to catch the eye of the not-so-average fan or book reader.

Also, I think its best to think of ways to get people who arent into battle rap interested in this...I'm pretty sure the only people who would purchase it are fanatics like the ones on this forum...And I'm pretty sure your not going to be allowed to put eminem on the cover without eminem personally knowing about it....
    test
  20. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

greg, this shit looks awesome. Any reason why reigman and reed dollaz never made the list?
    test