50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (illustrations complete)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jul 6, 2010.

?

Math is now in. Please take the time to vote for one guy for the last spot. Thanks.

1. Reed Dollaz

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Marvwon

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Pumpkinhead (PH)

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Whashisface

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Jae Millz

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  6. Quest McCody

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Diabolic

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Reignman

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. Pack Fm

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. Arkaic

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Yea, I think Math may be the best choice at this point. He's beaten Nems. He's also beaten Rex, Solomon, and Verb (in my eyes). The only thing keeping him out was sheer number of battles, but yea, I think his resume is good enough by now.

I think arguments can be made for all the guys on the "just missed it" list, just have to come up with who has the best argument. Whashisface is definitely someone I'm considering.
    test
  2. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

How can you not have pumpkinhead?

He destroyed dizaster, and diz made the list? Flawed logic...

And hes been in the scene for a long time.
    test
  3. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Mannnnn Greg, this is looking legit. I remember viewing your threads on this from back in the day, you've done a great job putting the whole thing together. I love the layout, I will definitely cop this when it's all said and done.

Out of curiosity, are you writing all of the bios yourself? Do you have an editor or space for contributors? If I can help in any way (I work as a professional writer for a couple magazines and I've got years of experience as an editor as well) I'd love to contribute, absolutely free of charge of course.

Again, fantastic work, I love what you're doing with this.
    test
  4. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

The list isnt made up of who beat who.

I think Dizaster made more of an impact as far as battling goes. He battled in the Pit, Grindtime and MTV. PH been in a ton of battles but most of those battles are word of mouth...Its a shame we'll never see those battles.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Actually yea, my personal last two picks were going to be Math and PH/Reignman.

I don't know that its exactly flawed logic though, since it takes an entire career into account...Syanide beat Nocando.

I'm sure the Detroit Tigers or some shit beat the Yankees in 1927, but no one has the '27 Tigers on their greatest teams ever lists, but everyone knows the '27 Yankees.
    test
  6. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

Yeah but according to his logic his reason for putting math on the list is because he beat other people on the top 50.

Correct me if im wrong.
    test
  7. Judgekure

It would be a REAL shame if you left out Whashisface. Dude's resume is incredible in my opinion.

How does Whashisface's resume compare to Presence? or even Locksmith...

A real shame to leave him out.
    test
  8. gregrieke20

Well Organik gave me his bio, and it was pretty on point with what I was wanting. But yea bro, help with the bios would be HUGELY appreciated. I think I'm an ok writer, but I know that there are people who are better suited to do it (i.e. people who actually do it, lol).

And thanks for the compliment.
    test
  9. gregrieke20

Well yea, its not the ONLY reason, but its definitely taken into account. Trust that I'm highly considering PH at this point.
    test
  10. Chrismoke

Chrismoke Banality Factory

I'm gonna vote for Math, and PH.

Math, for going from obscurity to acting in Rap War One to actually becoming one of the best battlers in the scene. PH for holding shit down for as long as he has, on the battling tip and for hip hop in general.

This looks really cool and I would definitely pick this up if you get it published, good luck!
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Lol, thanks.

Dan agreed to write the intro (I hope he's still willing if he sees this) so thats why I put it up. I also thought "Daniel Alejandro Martinez" might give a few folks a chuckle. I think I should change it to "foreword" as well.
    test
  12. Chrismoke

Chrismoke Banality Factory

just realized, wheres deuce leader? he should get an honorable mention at the end for like a hall of shame for losing at every scribble.
    test
  13. Judgekure

No then you'd have to add Okwardz and shit.

Ohh wait...
    test
  14. gregrieke20

hahahaha

a cosign from TrillThug is all I need to move forward really

GLITTER
    test
  15. buckfangs

buckfangs Active Member

hey the book looks cool and all, but dont you think you should have had a vote or something for who should have made the book?
    test
  16. gregrieke20

I think this is either the 3rd or 4th thread I've made about it so everyone's been kind of "voting" along the way.. Everyone's been real good about contributing and everything, and its come out to this list (which I think is very solid). But yea, I tried to take my own opinions completely out of the picture with this (there's some guys on the list I don't even really like, but I can't deny their ability)
    test
  17. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

Wrekonize, Roxanne Shante, Immortal Technique, Craig G, C-Rayz Walz

should be replaced by these

Diabolic
    H- Hommy Hom
    J- Jae Millz, Johnny Storm
    M- Many Styles, MarvWon, Math Hoffa
    why the fuck should cassidy be on there hes nowhere close to being a great battler. also conceited should no be on that list neither should arsenal
    saying this as a prelude to the dickriders that come in
    test
  18. gregrieke20

Man I agree it'd be a shame. But it may have to happen. Presence and Locksmith both have very impressive resumes, but yea, its tough to leave some of these guys off.
    test
  19. aelgborje

aelgborje New Member

nah c-rayz should be in there no doubt
    test
  20. Judgekure

Okay, Here's my final argument for Whashisface.

If Presence is on the list...Then I'm completely dumbfounded as to why Tantrum, Illusion Z and Dlor arent on the list. Tantrum has the second most wins ever at Tourettes (to my knowledge) and has the second most viewed battle in Grindtime, As well as having a few wins in Scribble. Both Illusion Z and Dlor have their fair share of wins at Tourettes and both have career's that rival Presence's.

On the other hand, Whashisface, Still in my opinion...I have no blood relation to him and I'm not even that big of a fan....Still has a far more impressive resume...

Thats it, I'm just saying.
    test