50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (illustrations complete)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jul 6, 2010.

?

Math is now in. Please take the time to vote for one guy for the last spot. Thanks.

1. Reed Dollaz

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Marvwon

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Pumpkinhead (PH)

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Whashisface

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Jae Millz

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Quest McCody

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Diabolic

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Reignman

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Pack Fm

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. Arkaic

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I think everyone is going to have their hang-ups with the book. Its just very difficult to have something thats going to make everyone happy in every way.

In terms of what Fairey may think about my illustrations, I see your point, but while the illustrations are difficult to do, the "idea" isn't that hard to come up with. MANY people have done this illustration style, just like i have also used other illustration styles in other projects. At the end of the day my background, framing, and color scheme are different then Fairey's, so this isn't "stealing" by any means. Its akin to two chefs cooking similar meals but plating them differently, or using a different meat or something. There are things like this that would be ridiculed in the design world, but I doubt mine would be even "frowned upon".

The fact of the matter is we're deep enough in this process (pause), that to all of a sudden sort of change what the book is all about would only create more problems, and undoubtedly make this take even longer.

I appreciate the feedback though, forreal.
    test
  2. Deftboogie

Deftboogie New Member

I saw someone else mention Proof , I think Proof definitely deserves a spot on that list .

His impact on Detroit Hip Hop is unquestionable in particular battling .

The QD5 family deserves a mention as well as lyricist lounge , if you haven't covered that .

QD3 might deserve a mention as well for his Beef DVD series .

Stronghold family deserves a mention as a whole .

Rather than put PEACE on the list Freestyle Fellowship or Project Blowed as a whole might be more appropriate .

If there is any mention of mix-tape battle rappers Joe Budden deserves a mention .

Just making suggestions ...

I'm not sure what you're criteria is and as you've said you're pretty far along , so I can only really wish you the best .

I mean no disrespect , I just feel like the content of this book will be a bit esoteric and therefore only appeal to a certain group of people .

I again respect the ambition , if this does well , maybe you will have a chance to do another piece relative to this one .

Best of luck ,

peace
    test
  3. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

This hasn't been updated in a while. :(
    test
  4. MattHouston

MattHouston Future Favorite Rapper

Soul Khan is a no?
    test
  5. Shameless

Soul khan would be a good addition if it were a top 100 book. He is somewhere in the lower 50s and a great battler from the written generation.

Lol. Aye verb is up there?
    test
  6. JSym123

JSym123 Member

Any reason for Justice not having his ilustration in the thread? Or did I just miss it haha?
    And why was Anecdote taken off the list? Thought he was a definite top 50 battler.
    test
  7. ill skillz

ill skillz sirberus mu'fawka

i think real deal should be on that shit..he might be new but he kills it.. i think he would murder okwerdz
    test
  8. TapeRockBX

TapeRockBX New Member

Definitely Marv.

Has Reed Dollaz ever battled anyone other than middle school open mic night participants?
    test
  9. Slim Calhoun

Slim Calhoun Perfected Hustle

Canibus and Warbux arent on there? it doesnt state "50 greatest acapella rappers" it states "battle rappers" Bux is a legend on the internet battle track battling scene, he definately left his mark in history of online battle rap..and Canibus is a beef style rapper..he been doin his thing for the longest..and you got people like Organik on that list? *shakes head*
    test
  10. gregrieke20

Its "face to face" battle rappers only. Otherwise the list would look a lot different.
    test
  11. gregrieke20

Soul Khan is actually writing the foreword for the book, although he is not included in the top 50.

And Aye Verb has now been taken out for Reignman (though I personally think you could make an argument for Verb)
    test
  12. gregrieke20

haven't gotten a large/good enough pic of Justice yet, so no you didn't miss it. If anyone has access to a large pic of him it would be greatly appreciated.

And after much discussion, unfortunately Anecdote did not make the list.
    test
  13. Shameless

Hey Greg, what exactly has Bo-rat done besides that massive meta4ce murder? The dude seems pretty inconsistent and either has a really good performance or a pretty terrible one. I know that was kind of common in the freestyle era, but I'm not sure if what he has done (To my knowledge, in all fairness) is top 50 worthy. Especially considering battlers from this current generation have done a lot more than he ever did.

Same thing for Presence, really. Don't know what he has done. I don't want to suggest replacements without having watched any of their more notable achievements (If I missed watching them before, that is) and be like "omg why isn't blah blah blah" on the list like everyone else.

But as far as bo-rat goes, I'd honestly replace him with Arsonal. Dude has left a huge mark on this scene really. And bo-rat is one of my favorites from the freestyling days tbh.

But if that would slow down the progress of the book then fuck it :p.
    test
  14. Slim Calhoun

Slim Calhoun Perfected Hustle

i see where you are coming from but canibus battled eminem back in scribblejam or one of those tournaments..he did some face to face battling, not jus beefin..im jus stating my input, not criticizing your opinions or actions man..but Canibus been killin for a hot minute
    test
  15. Shameless

Rofl @ anyone mentioning canibus.

Dude made a career out of corny audio battling. Eminem clowned on him and didn't even take that dude seriously.
    test
  16. TheTurtleNetwor

TheTurtleNetwor I forgot to put the "k".

test
  17. ZILLA 07

ZILLA 07 Strictly Business

No question Arkaic of course ! They need to get him in more battles !
    test
  18. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

sht looks dope. I want them as collectible trading cards haha
    test
  19. xZk3eMx

xZk3eMx New Member

How can I get my photo illustrated? I rap, youtube.com/xZk3eMx
    test
  20. Kyle Conway

Kyle Conway New Member

i should get an honorable mention in the back of the book =]]