50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time (illustrations complete)

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jul 6, 2010.

?

Math is now in. Please take the time to vote for one guy for the last spot. Thanks.

1. Reed Dollaz

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Marvwon

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Pumpkinhead (PH)

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Whashisface

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Jae Millz

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Quest McCody

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Diabolic

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  8. Reignman

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Pack Fm

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. Arkaic

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

I've seen Immortal Tech win battles too, but I think he's annoying as fuck in battles. He recycles a ton of shit and he laughs hard as fuck inbetween his bars. I'm not trying to hate on him cause I like him as a rapper...But battling... I feel he was terrible.

I have nothing against what he's put together as far as battles go, throwing together events and shit. definitely.

The rest of this list of rappers is great though. If this gets published I'm definitely picking up a copy.
    test
  2. Judgekure

Ohh...

Just Curious.

Why isnt Math Hoffa on this list?
    test
  3. Triangle

Triangle 100% FRESH

Iron Solomon's request? :)
    test
  4. McNugget

McNugget New Member

That's what I was wondering.
    test
  5. Judgekure

Edit: Nevermind, I just read that he didnt have a bio for Grindtime yet.

Ahaha i was wondering why Organik's bio was under "Grindtime"
    test
  6. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

I would definitely buy this book, but the choice of rappers is terrible.
    test
  7. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

Pumpkinhead and Math should be on the list.

But like I said regardless I would still cop this.
    test
  8. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

This is insanely cool. The only problem I have with it so far is that the Passwurdz illustration doesn't look like him. At least not to me it doesn't. The rest of it is really epic. I hate spending money, but I wouldn't mind dishing out some money for this.
    test
  9. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

Id easily spend 30 bucks on this.
    test
  10. Kid.Twist

Kid.Twist New Member

Wow, the illustrations look amazing man. It's great to see something of this quality being put together to represent the battle scene and I'm honoured to be included. Can't wait to buy a copy for my coffee table (I'll also have to buy a coffee table).

And let me point out that having the phrase "Forward by Daniel Alejandro Martinez" on the cover is fucking awesome.
    test
  11. Judgekure

Just for the sake of argument. I dont agree with this either. Put Jin in the ring at the height of his 106 and Park fame with 3 30 second rounds with Mac Lethal for example (Mac Lethal came from the same time period Jin did) and Jin will get destroyed. Pretty much anybody from that time would've murdered Jin in a REAL emcee Battle format.

106 and Park might have opened alot of peoples eye's to battling...But that doesnt mean that it defined battling...Its a sham of an event.

- 1 Round
    - 30 seconds each
    - No Cursing

This leaves ZERO room for Rebuttals if your trying to beat the "Champion". The "Champion" has the clear edge since they are always going 2nd 10 times out of 10.

Jin didn't beat anybody impressive on BET. Every battle featured at least one reference to Chinese Food. I'm not impressed with his resume and he's not just overrated but undeserved.
    test
  12. Street Dreams

Street Dreams New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks perfect to me.
    test
  13. KidMilli

KidMilli In The Fly We Trust

How you goin leave out

[​IMG]

C'mon son
    test
  14. Stonyshakers

Stonyshakers New Member

man, this shit looks awesome man. I'd definitely purchase this whenever its published and what not. Good job fam.
    test
  15. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Good point. I just expected the fitted cap and doorag haha.
    test
  16. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

You're retarded.

Joking, but forreal, this argument is a bit off. Firstly Cassidy has one battle of note...one. He didn't battle a whole lot. If a guy played one game in the nba and scored 110 points and grabbed 50 rebounds in that game I still wouldn't consider him one of the best of all-time.

Also, the "he'd prolly still be the best if he battled today" is off as well. Usain Bolt might return 10 kicks a year for touchdowns if he played in the NFL, but until he actually does it, I'm not considering him a great football player. I chose the list based on facts, not assumptions.
    test
  17. XZionel

XZionel New Member

I'd add cassidy because he had madd battles before that murder on freeway. On beat and off beat. Plus, adding a commercial rapper could be great for publishing and exposure for the other 49 rappers.

I'd also add EX-I as a personal preference & I want to see how he'd look via animation lol.

Not mad at Math tho
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Judgekure

Dude I just noticed you said "Theres 48, If you can take two from the list of Just Missed it"

Easy, The two most deserving from that list are Math Hoffa and Whashisface.

Math Hoffa been in more then enough battles before URL, Had arguably the best battle of 2008 (Definitely the most debated battle of that year) with Iron Solomon and he's arguably the most sought after rapper in URL/Smack. Definitely got his views up.

And Whashisface...Dude has a TON of battles on Jumpoff, Won the Spinthemic in Europe, Made it to the Semifinals in NYC against Illmaculate, Won the British division of the WRC in 2006 and gave Thesaurus and Illmac a run for their money....Easily the most accomplished dude on that list of "Just missed it" and DEFINITELY FAR MORE ACCOMPLISHED Then Jin, Whom I'm petitioning to have removed from the list entirely.
    test
  19. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I agree 106 and park by itself wouldn't be enough, but what Jin did there is a VERY small part of what he did in his battling career. He's beaten a shitload of the guys on the list, and won countless battles in both NY and Florida. He's won Fight Klub, EOW, Braggin Rites, and many others.

I agree his skillset isn't amazing, but as far as crowd involvement, and his charisma or swagger or whatever, Jin was unrivaled when he was in his prime.

Jin isn't as good as non-battleheads think he is, and he isn't as bad as battleheads think he is.

Also, this brings up a good point. A number of things were taken into account when I chose the guys (longevity, impact, ability, etc.)

Whenever lists are made like this for baseball, Jackie Robinson is consistently placed much higher than he should be based on his skills, but considering he had the greatest impact on America's past time, I'm cool with it.
    test
  20. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

omg im so copping this

props to my GLITTER bredren for doin dope shit

this is like a Rain Man level of battle knowledge dude :funny::funny:
    test