50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Hollow Da Don

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GzUpHozDwn

GzUpHozDwn New Member

dope
    i think the quote at the end where he goin at okwerdz should be changed...not the quote thats a cool lil quote but the spelling of "HE'S JUST OKAY WITH THE WORDS" i think it should be spelled "he's just ok with the werdz"
    because thats what made it so nice was that he spelled his name and... okay with the words does not spell his name.

no hate just tryin to help
    test
  2. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Just to throw my opinion into the "what quote should be used" mix, I think that it would make the most sense in terms of matching up with the bio if you went with one of Hollow's "you gon' need" schemes.

I personally agree that the "that's the DON'S shit" is the most ubiquitous Hollow quote, which is why I wrote the intro to the bio based around it. But I also made a reference to the idea of Hollow's "you gon' need" concepts in the last line of the bio. So putting one of those schemes as the quote for this page would explain the last line of the bio for the more casual fans who wouldn't directly associate the two.
    test
  3. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Also I think it really speaks to the quality of a dude like Hollow's bars that there can be pages of debates over which of his quotes is the dopest.

SMACK or GT need to get this man another battle.
    test
  4. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

word it wasnt much of a public cosign and eminem never like said it publicly so suppose u cant really include it but would still be dope

still was sick tho ive liked every bio n shit
    test
  5. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

i suggested that earlier, my favorite hollow line ever tbh
    test
  6. TurboMikey

TurboMikey Active Member

TRUTH. He's got Goodz next. After that nobody is gonna want it with him IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. willyword

willyword New Member

dope shit... tell me u didn't leave st louis outta this... there aint no 50 battle rappers even all time that could beat verb, ill, n hitman
    test
  8. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

I'm so proud of Greg this shits illustrious my G
    test
  9. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

Greg you the man, have you had the chance to show Hollow the layout and if so what was his opinions or input?
    test
  10. TrillThugBoss

TrillThugBoss Well-Known Member

Make your own list faggot.
    test
  11. AllWays

AllWays New Member

I think deacon frost should not be mentioned on the don's page for any reason. Use a 'you gon need' one...I think thats more fitting.

Ever think about letting the battler choose the line for themselves? Would love to see what line Hollow would go with.
    test
  12. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

Can't say enough.. Greg and RJ are two of the most articulate posters on this site, very down to earth and along with the choices; everything about this has been completely well done with a good intention in mind -- "its not an official list, just an interpretation that fit best".

Layout is superb, and the little details make it for me.. writing is one of the best yet. Really like this one. Better than the Swann one, I think.

I agree with some.. maybe the quote isn't the best. It got reaction, but I hardly think that's a real haymaker. But to a broad audience, its a solid choice. Easy to get and very applicable. With hardcore battle fans.. perhaps another route.
    test
  13. C. STEAKS

C. STEAKS New Member

yeah that okay with the words doesnt make sense unless its ok with the words.. right?

almost looks like u didnt even get it. obviousy u did. just sayin.
    test
  14. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I actually had a little like text and facebook message "interview" with hollow for a lot of the bio (I did the same with other guys as well). I just didn't want to say it cuz I just thought it sounded a bit douchebagish to say that I was talking to hollow, like fuckin Eyerate or some shit.

But after I posted this, he called me and said that he saw it, and really liked the bio RegularJoe put together and loved the illustration as well. I guess his battles at the WRC's, GT, and FK were all kind of intermingled, so there are parts of the bio i need to adjust (I misunderstood him, I had no idea he battled at Fight Klub before the WRC's) but that shouldn't be too difficult to change.

As for the quote he said to go with whatever works best for the spread, which was cool, and that for his quote I had "plenty to choose from", lol, which is true.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.