50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Dizaster

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

we we we

this is greg's book bro. I'll see what I can do to contribute to greg's book.
    sounds like youre the one salty someone is possibly encroaching on your volunteer position

isn't kind of redundant to tell me to feel free to do something anyway?
    feel free to eat a wolf dick

[​IMG]
    test
  2. Gwame

Gwame no luckycharms in ireland

Paranormalezac, you think Rheteric is better than Dizaster?

Diz and Nocan battled at Grizzle 2?
    test
  3. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Lol, I didn't mean it like that.

I just meant that it'd be odd from a reader's perspective to read one bio written by one author on one page, then a different bio from a different author on the next. Its like if a new author wrote chapters 4 and 5 The Grapes of Wrath, even if they kept the original story line, their "style" of writing would naturally be different, and it would be kind of weird for the reader.

I'm sure you are a good writer, I just want consistency throughout, and having one author is the best way to do that.
    test
  4. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

I like you Mookie. You've got a lot of confidence.

Thanks for helping out with Greg's book my dude, I really appreciate it.
    test
  5. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

lol, thanks bro, the diz write-up is dope so I suppose I appreciate you too honey:) I'll send you guys what I get from the two October events
    test
  6. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

:huh::funnel:
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I'd say Rhet deserves a spot over Diz.

Diz is definitely harder hitting and probably harder to beat, but Rheteric is fucking Rheteric.
    test
  8. gregrieke20

Lol my fault serge.

There will be three chapters or sections (Or at least that is what I'm thinking). Since its not a novel or whatever the "chapters" won't be in the traditional sense, its more like a coffee table book.

First will be "The Battle Rappers" section. Which is where the ones I've posted will appear. Since their are 50 rappers, and 2 pages per rapper, that's 100 pages.

Next will be the "Leagues and Contributors" section. Highlighting the different battling organizations over the years, GrindTime, Scribble, Rocksteady, Fight Klub, etc. It will also talk about some of battling's biggest contributors, Kevin Beacham, Lush, SMACK, Wendy Day, etc.
    This chapter should be in the neighborhood of maybe about 30 pages.

Lastly I was wanting a chapter that kind of went through the history of battling. Its evolution. Its impact on hip-hop. The biggest battles over the years, and so forth. I kind of have to think about how to structure this section, and what to include (suggestions are definitely encouraged).

In total, with table of contents pages, section header pages, credits pages, and so forth the book should be around 150-175 pages.
    test
  9. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Everyone that gives feedback should get a free copy.

I mean, it's only fair.
    test
  10. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

Who is going to be publishing this book?
    test
  11. Oshea

Oshea Member

dizaster is far better than most in that list but its personal opinion,
    test
  12. Oshea

Oshea Member

is there any british stuff in it??
    test
  13. gregrieke20

I've talked to a few publishers, 2 of which expressed a great interest, I also know a friend who owns a smaller publishing company, so hopefully I can always fall back on that if necessary. Honestly I still need to figure out how to go about getting it published, but trust that I am doing my best to do that.

I just don't want people to hear that and think "its not even official yet?!", because I'm going to do everything I can to get it published.
    test
  14. gregrieke20

Yea. Possessed, Pro Green, and Respek BA are all in the top 50 (Whashisface and Arkaic are both pending, but the last "spot" probably won't go to either of them). But those three will have spreads just like this one.

In the Leagues and Contributors section Jumpoff and Don't Flop will be included, and guys like Harold Anthony, Eurgh, Scarrs, Rap 6 and so forth will be credited.

As far as this goes, I didn't mean Diz doesn't make it on his skill (because I think he does), I just meant in terms of his "career" as a whole, there is an argument against him making it. Lack of top competition (prior to GT), not a lot of big wins, etc.

Regardless, Diz is great, and he is in.
    test
  15. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Thank God I don't have to invalidate your opinion. You've already done it with half of those names.
    test
  16. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Diz would body 3/4s of that list. EASY.
    test
  17. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

Paranormal is better than Dizaster.

This is an incorrect statement.

Paranormal is, with no exaggeration, one of the top 10 worst active battlers associated with Grindtime. Paranormal would not even be associated with Grindtime if he did not look the way he does. He is a novelty act, people cannot believe that a person with his appearance battle raps.

And no, I will not concede Dizaster beat A-Class. 3 or 4 good lines is a lie. He had 3 or 4 lines that got massive reaction, and other lines.
    test
  18. phillyfire

phillyfire New Member

top 50 ahhahahahahhaahahahh
    test
  19. Krown

Krown New Member

The hate for Dizaster on the net is insane. He is capable of bodying just about anyone on a good day...people have this outdated way of looking at battle rap. The current era is different & unpredictable...I thought Soul Khan lost to Porich for example, I could see Diz beating Soul Khan, a good % of URL, and the majority of Grind Time. Its became the cool thing on the net to "protect" certain rappers, like "oh yeah Reign Man was awesome, hes in my top 10...nobody could beat him". I could see returning emcees like Reign Man getting murked if they didnt prepare enough or follow the modern scene. Diz's history in the Pit (in LA) and his GT battles should put him in the top 50.
    test
  20. gregrieke20

Thanks for the support.

As heebs said earlier, the list isn't numerical. It is simply the top 50. If it were numerical he more than likely wouldn't be that high on the list, but there is definitely an argument that he makes the top 50.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.