50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Dizaster

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

amazing work man

wow, this is amazing

also can we choose what quote is used?
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Of course man.

Just make sure it is only 2-4 bars (as the layout obviously wouldn't allow anything longer).

I picked that one you used against HFK "This pussy smells like daffodils...you don't have the will...you tell jokes while I display raw rapping skill" for yours, which I thought was dope. But I know you probably have better ones. Even if you have ones from your freestyle battle days, that's more than cool.

Also, no racism, homophobia, or n-word (I know the last one wouldn't apply to you, lol). Cursing is fine, and your schocking punchlines would be fine too. Its just that the first three would not fly with clients/employers.

Also to GetPaid, I agree with you about the racist lines used in the beginning of the bio. I was going to ask RegularJoe if he could get that fixed to something else. Although that one isn't as overtly racist as many other lines could have been, it could still be very offputing to readers.
    test
  3. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

Yeah man I live in Toronto too (actually, I live about 3 blocks from the Church and Wellesley seed exchange you were promoting at World Domination) so I could take care of that shit myself. At the moment I'm not sure if it'll be all that helpful for this project, the way these are styled is more like an outsider objective approach. But I appreciate the thought and like Greg said, any information you can hook me up with or feedback you wanna provide me with when it comes time to write those bios is appreciated. Hit me up at the website.

Diz would be a top 50 all time guy for me, but towards the end of the list. He hasn't been active enough from a historical standpoint to be considered much more significant.

And, if we really want to get into it, I don't think he dismantled A-Class either. But I mean, I writing a biography for the guy in a book about the best battle rappers of all time. Obviously all of these are going to be worded very positively and the negative highlights from most guys careers (like the Locksmith choke) are going to be omitted. That's the nature of the best, to try and be fair while still giving an admittedly positive slant.
    test
  4. RegularJoe

I can see that argument to a certain extent ... the need to keep the book a little PC is definitely there.

Same time, this is battle rap we're talking about. It's racist. It's offensive. Diz in particular is a guy who has always employed that in his performances. To try and sugarcoat it and act as if that isn't a major part of his character is something I didn't want to do.

Plus it's a nice little anecdote to open up the bio - more than anything else I just thought it worked well.
    test
  5. gregrieke20

Yea this is what I was thinking as well. I assumed that's why you wrote it the way you did, and that's what I was wanting. That being said, I don't know if Diz "dismantled" A-Class, but he certainly beat him pretty fuckin bad, lol.

I have a few books listing the greatest football and baseball players of all time, and VERY few negative aspects of their career were included, its not meaning these guys are like Gods of battle rapping or something, its just that the way these are written puts a very "legendary" stamp on them. And I think thats great.
    test
  6. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

If Diz is in the book, Solaris should also be in the book.
    test
  7. gregrieke20

lmfao
    test
  8. McNugget

McNugget New Member

Diz destroyed A-class.

According to youtube comments, Diz lost every battle he's ever been in.
    test
  9. clint_beastwood

clint_beastwood New Member

a-class destroyed dizaster i wish that i could be in the same room with him right now but he straight up buns yo.... I bet he tryin so hard to holla @ some chicks in miami failing miserably pretendin to be famous n shit....
    test
  10. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

With a proven record?? Ok name them fuckface b
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Please do. I'll be waiting.
    test
  12. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

It's a stupid argument to wanna talk about the racial line. That's like sayin "You can write a book about the murder and torture of pre-civil war southern blacks, but you can't use the 'N' word."

Every single battle involving Dizaster has been racially charged, whether he was the shooter or the target. That's what helps make his battles even more over-powering, their racial turbulance. To remove it in order to keep from hurting a few overly-sensative feelings (the kind of feelings who probably won't read this book) is uncalled for when what you're removing is one of the main reasons this guy shines.
    test
  13. ReverseOsmosis

ReverseOsmosis aka Drone

i think it was nov 15
    test
  14. mac lethal

mac lethal Active Member

I am laughing out loud at some of the comments in this thread.

When you see the footage from Dizaster vs. Nocando's battle at Grizzlemania 2, you will have no doubt in your mind that Diz is top tier.

Best battle of the night. It was frighteningly good.
    test
  15. heebs907

heebs907 GS ICEY

were still waiting.

EDIT:

also, this isnt in order.. the dude never said he was number 1, so if you named 49 battlers better than him he would still make the list. so 50 it is, choose 50 that are better than him
    test
  16. paranormalezac

paranormalezac awkward as fuck

Serius Jones
    Murda Mook
    Arsonal
    Illmac
    Loaded Lux
    Passwurdz
    Hollow Da Daon
    Amzilla
    A-Class
    Soul Khan
    Thesarus
    Juice
    Supernatural
    Franco
    Fredo
    Swave
    Troy Brown
    Reverse Live
    PH
    Organik
    Kid Twist
    Jack Shitt
    Locksmith
    KI Design
    Rheteric
    Daze
    Loe Peschi
    Iron Salomon
    Philly Swain
    Cruger
    Eurgh
    NoCanDo
    Dirt Bag Dan
    Goodz
    HEAD ICE
    Quest McCody
    Marv Won
    FLO
    Dumbfounddead
    Carter Deems
    Syd Vicious
    ZM
    C4
    Skitzo
    Tiger Ty
    DNA
    Cortez
    Real Deal
    Fresco
    Aye Verb
    Math Hoffa
    Bender
    Heartless
    O-Red
    Tsu Surf
    Ex-I
    Mood Swangz
    Big T

Is that enough names, because I legitimately believe all those people and myself are leaps and bounds better than Dizaster.
    test
  17. paranormalezac

paranormalezac awkward as fuck

Also Madness and Rone
    test
  18. Max Silver

Max Silver In the kitchen

dead!
    test
  19. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

I dont understand...you want me to write those bios or just gather info and quotes so some other wanker can do a better job>?

gimme a break holmes.
    test
  20. RegularJoe

Isn't that cute?

I'd love your help or the help of anyone else that wants to contribute to this project. That's why we're making these threads, to solicit the help of this community and the people on here who have that kind of knowledge and want to be involved. We don't WANT you to do anything - you offered to help out, we're letting you know how you can do that.

If you wanna act salty about that, or compare yourself to me as a writer, feel free.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.