50 Greatest Battlers of All-Time: Dizaster

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

I am a graphic designer, and this is a follow up on a book I'm creating noting the 50 greatest battlers of all-time. By now, I know a good number of you are aware of it. If not here is the link to the most recent thread: http://board.rapmusic.com/battle-vi...battlers-all-time-illustrations-complete.html

RegularJoe, (a poster on here) offered to write the bios and has begun working on some of them. I tried doing it myself at the beginning, but I figured it'd be best to leave a writer to do that portion of the work, and I feel its been a DEFINITE improvement. Each spread of the book will be set up so the battler's illustration is on one page, and his bio is on the other.

I will be posting them every so often on here, and I encourage feedback, criticism, other info, and whatever else you all can offer.

Below is both the bio itself, and how it will appear in the book. This is Dizaster's. Thanks again, all previous feedback has been a huge help.

[​IMG]
    test
  2. gregrieke20

For a minute, he almost appears calm. Standing in front of the Massacre of the Bay crowd, arms crossed and staring down his diminutive opponent, he seems almost passive. “See I knew that ethnic disses get repetitive and that’s straight trash,” he starts, “so I decided not to use them, cause I didn’t want this to be labelled as another Asian hate rap.” He almost seems relaxed. Almost. “And THEN I REALIZED” he shouts, muscles tensing up, serenity becoming a dark scowl, his entire 6’3”, 215 pound form swinging into manic action. “A-CLASS, rhymes with TRAIN TRACKS ... HOW FUCKIN’ GREAT’S THAT?!” When this Dizaster does damage, it tends to be permanent.

Born in America but raised in Lebanon, the Los Angeles based Dizaster showed a passion for both hip hop and causing trouble at a young age. When he wasn’t lobbying his family for a return to the States to pursue his rap career, he was getting expelled from multiple schools and showing a general penchant for defying authority. Eventually his pleas convinced his family to relocate to California, where he immediately set to work on becoming one of the most feared battle rappers to ever grace the legendary Fresh Coast scene.

Diz spent his early career on the freestyle circuit, earning a semi-final spot at Chicago’s annual All Out MC Battles in 2004 and massacring competition at Santa Monica’s The Pit throughout 2005 and 2006, including a year long winning streak. When the 2007 edition of JumpOff’s World Rap Championships rolled around, Dizaster’s hunger brought him all the way to New York to compete, and he turned in a performance that earned him a nomination for the Most Valuable Rapper in the division.

The summer of 2008 and Grind Time’s Battle of the Bay 2 saw him break through with a controversial but undeniably impressive victory over The Saurus, the beginning of a killing rampage that crested two years later with the aforementioned dismantling of Baltimore up-and-comer A-Class at the Massacre of the Bay. The move to the written format gave Diz the opportunity to construct his lethal rapid-fire multi’s on a more sophisticated level, allowing him to sprinkle in freestyle segments with a trademark aggression few battlers have ever approached. Between high profile Grind Time matchups with Locksmith, PH, Illmaculate and Organik, Diz competed in and reportedly dominated MTV2’s One World Hip Hop Championships, an event claiming a $1 million prize that never came to fruition. That, combined with his recent last minute cancellations of matchups against Jin and Arsonal, would have discouraged most men, but most men don’t have the tenacity of this battle rap legend. And if history has been any indication, this Dizaster won’t stop until the path of lyrical destruction left in his wake rivals any tsunami, tornado or earthquake.
    test
  3. mookie wilson

mookie wilson New Member

let me write some of the canadian cats bios u bastttttttiiiiiiiiiid , that way I can get direct quotes/ q & a from them at the next KOTD event knamean>?

*English major dropout / contributor & writer HiphopCanada.com /coadgame blog
    test
  4. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

First off, every entry before this I have thoroughly enjoyed.

How successful do you want this book? Because if the goal is just to get something published, do what you want. But I'd say lay off highlighting some of these racially charged lines if you want more than that.

Also, no, Dizaster did not dismantle/beat A-Class.

Also, the way you wrote it made it sound like Dizaster canceled his matchups with Jin and Arsonal.

"That, combined with last minute battle cancellations by both Jin and Arsonal..."
    test
  5. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Wouldn't be fair if you didn't mention something about "despite an infamous choke against Locksmith he went on to persevere and only get better in the written battle format". It'd be a way to mention something really objectively notable without making someone feel butthurt.

Also, Diz ate A-Class, GetPaid. Come on.
    test
  6. Sakim Aerias

Sakim Aerias Sunset Cradling Prince

Dizaster?

Wow. ok...yeah let me exit this thread.
    test
  7. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Nah dude. It says "Cancellations BY"

BOTB2 was in the Summer of 08?
    test
  8. Sakim Aerias

I thought he was joking :funny:
    test
  9. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

"That, combined with his recent last minute cancellations of matchups against Jin and Arsonal"

Makes it sound like it was at best mutually agreed to cancel and at worst that Dizaster canceled. I'm not sure where you guys are reading the "by", it doesn't exist on my computer.

Dizaster did not eat A-Class. His reputation ate A-Class's reputation. He officially won, so you could put that in the book (or whatever you want since it is yours), but a LOT of the youtube comments disagree with the "dismantling" of A-Class part.
    test
  10. Sakim Aerias

either way diz is cool but i don't know about an all-time great.
    test
  11. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Since when do youtube comments mean anything? Even other youtube users don't take that shit seriously considering they're usually written by kids and tards. Youtube comments still think Dirtbag lost every battle he's done, even against that Hawaiin kid, so how is that a barometer for anything?

Race disses in battles do get corny, but if you can't watch that battle against A-Class and see that he outperformed dude in every aspect then you might want to re-evaluate your biases and how you watch these things. A-Class had lines but only a few and is really bad at projection and confidence.

If you're one of those people that thinks Diz's race stuff overrides how funny those lines were, then I guess A-Class' 4 or 5 actual quotables in that battle prevail.
    test
  12. Boom

Boom paradox

is this magazine/book pre-grind time? if not why do people question diz being in it, besides the pit of course.
    test
  13. Alterior

Alterior axe about me

Yeah Diz as a Top 50 greatest battle rapper threw me off too.

And who cares if Diz ate A-Class. Big fucking deal it's A-Class (who I actually like).

I like the idea/illustration/bio though.
    test
  14. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

as if diz isnt top 50 ..'he is easily top 20 and im sure alot of battlerd would agree to that
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. Alterior

Alterior axe about me

test
  16. serge dot T

serge dot T Shotgun Serge

Diz annhilated A-class. The fact that the kid put up a good fight can be brought up but it doesn't take away from the damage done.

These have been pretty good so far. I hope the book contains images and whatnot. How many pages will each chapter get?
    test
  17. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Top 20 all-time?!

Holy flying mother fuck.

Battling exists outside of grindtime you know.

I can name 50 battlers better than Diz off the top of my head, I'm sure.
    test
  18. gregrieke20

RegularJoe is Canadian I'm fairly certain Mookie (I feel like kind of a dick for not knowing positively). No offense at all, but I'd like it all to be from the same author (with the exception of the foreword which PH agreed to write) so it keeps a consistent tone throughout.

But definitely anything you can give me on Bishop, Organik, and Kid Twist would be more than helpful. Also stuff on KOTD and Proud 2 b eh Battle MC would be huge as they are both going in the book as well.

Organik and Bishop have both already given me some great stuff, but more can never hurt.
    test
  19. gregrieke20

Everybody has been good about contributing to this, and really this board is one of the best sources of battling history out there (probably THE best). There were a good number of people who felt he belonged, and I've always said I wasn't going to try and play God with the list, so I wanted to take those people's opinions into account.
    test
  20. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Ditto.

Maybe top 50 ACTIVE battlers, but definitely not all-time.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.