50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time: T-Rex

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

Greg...

Can you give me a shoutout at the bottom of the page in fine print?
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Lmao...I thought about giving you a shoutout in the thread, but now that you mention it...

Also, would Immortal Technique probably be most people's first choice to go from the list? I mean, he would be mine in all honesty, but I was just curious if other people had somebody else in mind that they thought was an odd choice.
    Thanks
    test
  3. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

I would have Finesse & Krs in it tbh.
    test
  4. gregrieke20

krs one will be in the "contributors" section.

Lord finesse will be in the "greatest battles" section for his battle with percee p.

I know that's not the same thing, but just for what its worth. (From what I've understood KRS never had a TON of face to face battles, nor was that what he was primarily known for even in his early days. If you've heard differently, by all means, let me know.)

Also, who would you take out then?
    test
  5. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

I'll take out Organik and i only say that coz you have Eurgh in the book as a contributor and its wasted spot IMO, if you got Organik in 2 places. You can add someone else in.

tbh The list you have for 50 is almost perfect, as you have all bases covered, international, the pioneers, underground freestyle era, the streets written era, the different coasts etc and the modern day internet era. (Jump off, WRCs & the present written format)

Well we have KRS's Math Hoffa moment with PM Dawn and the whole BDP vs Juice Crew thing. I just think its jsut a massive part of battle history even if it it was more on record than live. Same with LL also? I'm an old skool fan tbh, thats why i said about Finesse & Krs, but as long as they make the book in one way thats all good

Infact is there a section for battle records? Coz im sure they did help shape the scene in one way or another especially in what i mentioned with BDP/Juice & LL Cool J
    test
  6. Blanco_

Blanco_ Pacman GotTheGatMan

Greg my dude, props to you on this right here!

Greg have you considered making a separate top 50 list for the 'acapella written' battlers only?
    test
  7. gregrieke20

Yea I considered doing different sections, like: freestyle, written, international, etc. but ultimately I think its just stronger as a product if you say "Top 50" and just put them all together. (though obviously its been much more difficult to narrow down)

Thanks for the compliment Benny, I know you were looking forward to this one bro.
    test
  8. Blanco_

No doubt and props on this project,I know its tough to display your top 50 when battle rap is at its peak right now and more and more battlers are making a name for themselves.

As for Rex, thing people may get surprised about is that Rex is actually a very cool dude in person, RM did a big turnaround on him and embraced his character.

Greg I think you should have battle rap stories in your book as well from two battlers talking about their battles or getting the inside scoop to how big events got made and things we may not have known that went down like Grind Time's BOTB 5 event.....
    test
  9. Blanco_

No doubt and props on this project,I know its tough to display your top 50 when battle rap is at its peak right now and more and more battlers are making a name for themselves.

As for Rex, thing people may get surprised about is that Rex is actually a very cool dude in person, RM did a big turnaround on him and embraced his character.

Greg I think you should have battle rap stories in your book as well from two battlers talking about their battles or getting the inside scoop to how big events got made and things we may not have known that went down like Grind Time's BOTB 5 event.....or the founding of Grind Time and the rebirth of SMACK/URL....
    test
  10. gregrieke20

If mods could move this to the subforum, that would be appreciated.
    test
  11. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

sounds good greg... will do in a sec... last email i sent you i dont think i got a reply?
    test
  12. Water_Mage

Water_Mage Well-Known Member

Greg, another excellent addition to ur book.. Much respect for this undertaking.. But I gotta say... Ur including Bishop Brigante yet including Arsonal is up for debate!?

Bishop does not deserve a spot in this book... If he mans up and happens to body Pat Stay then his inclusion could be arguably justified
    test
  13. gregrieke20

yea shit my fault Maple. I'll respond very soon, and give you a couple more battles to write on. How are the current ones going?
    test
  14. gregrieke20

For the record I'm putting Ars in for Immortal Technique. But Bishop is in there for his contributions to the Canadian scene, and for being the most dominant Canadian battler for about a decade. from the late 90s to about 05/06 Bishop was the most well known battle rapper in Canada.

I'd actually argue Organik would be more "on the fence" than Bishop personally. But I see you're argument though.
    test
  15. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

This. Has Organik done more than Eurgh as a battler anyway?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.