50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time: T-Rex

Discussion in 'The 50 Greatest Battle Rappers of All-Time' started by gregrieke20, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

only change i might make is the note about summer madness being URL's biggest event yet as that will change pretty soon

edit: damn... no dumbfoundead? i know the list had been re-done a million times but how did that happen?
    test
  2. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

yea good point about the event. Probably needs to be changed to a more neutral statement.

As far as dumbfoundead goes its really tough to narrow down those last 5-15 names. There's those obvious ones like Juice, Thesaurus, Lux, Serius, Iron, Eyedea, etc., but getting the very last guys is where its been tough.

Also, definitely expect more info on the shit you're writing within the coming days.
    test
  3. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

greg i would highly suggest aye verb, dudes verses are amazing and him, remyd and ill were the reasons i started really fuckin with the lou. just a suggestion/hope/begging
    test
  4. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

in before ray goes ham

btw yea t-rex 1 of the greats
    test
  5. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

Awesome work.

By any means put Arsonal in there though man. Take Borat out. Pass is a great call. Hope he makes the final cut. Haven't seen the Clipse battle yet, but I'd say Verb should be in it too.
    test
  6. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Ham for what?
    test
  7. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

btw, is a motion for ness lee to be in there too premature? dude is unique as hell. too consistent and great at the same time to not get a mention.

and oh god no e-ness please.
    test
  8. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

As far as written leagues go dude hasn't made nearly as much of an impact as 5-10 other cats have. Being unique isn't necessarily top 50 all time shit imo.

Good shit as usual.

Definitely will be buying this when it comes out. probably already know that with how close i've been following it.
    test
  9. swpstateofmind

swpstateofmind i got da burna

Ness a beast yo.
    test
  10. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

idk what you're talking about. ness was never known was a freestyle battler. all of his many outstanding performances were from written leagues. and how you defining impact? name these other 5-10 cats for me. just cause he's laid back and doesn't act out (both in an out of battles), people sleep on him. there's one or two other battlers who have been consistently having great performances while doing as many battles as he has. paperwerkz, f.l.o, marvwon, pesci, real deal, dbd, 9dm, syd vicious, sir locksley, fuckin' illmaculate. in every one of em he was stellar, never less. that's one hell of a resume dudeee. i was not so sure before but now i'd be smh if he doesn't get on it.

even his frankie wapps shit was slept on.
    test
  11. Xodiz512

Xodiz512 New Member

I got money says you have gone to one of The Art Institutes. Yes?
    test
  12. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

Ness is very good, but he aint that good to where you think of him as a top 50 alltime. If the likes of Arsonal & Dumb 2 of the biggest stars of this era of battle rap are not in the list then Ness cant. If someone like Marv who has battled in every relevant league and is a veteran of both eras aint on the list then nah Ness cant. Storm aint on the list and he has a better resume than Ness and has won freestyle tournaments not on the list, then sorry nor can Ness be on it.

Ness has no real impact or legacy in this battle shit. Even Ness's 2 best wins, Real Deal & Marv there is some debate about them. Marv's 3rd gettin interrupted that peopel say cost him the battle and then the Real Deal battle, while not out yet, and it was close, most people thought Real Deal won. And when I say legacy, most of Ness's body of work has come in the last year or so. Illmac, Dan, Real Deal, Marv, Pesci battles all have happened within the last 15 months. If it was Best battler with in the last year or so, then yeah Ness deserves a mention all time, nah, sorry b

Sorry Ness, didnt mean to be harsh, b. Forgive a cunt
    test
  13. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

I am taking basically all credit for getting T rex in the book
    test
  14. BasedNIGLETT

BasedNIGLETT THROWIN LOGS OUTA CHIMNEY

youre t rex?
    test
  15. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

Ayy this is the gripe i have with this list..it's based more on the auras and "legacies" around these battlers than the skill they have. I guess we gotta make a best 50 for dat instead of greatest. I think ars should be in there based on how good he is alone. Without his ubiquitousness and influence added. Sall good. Cant help but feel ness woulda been considered if he was a more aggressive, hollyhood acting battler doe.
    test
  16. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

You got to pay homage to those who went before/served in the scene before you got into you, thats jsut common curiosity & respect, regardless of skill, you go on what they did in their specific era. And you have to factor in the impact that people have bought into the game, otherwsie half of the people on the list wouldnt be on there and nor the people you want to put on the list wouldnt be either. If there was no Lord Finesse their would be no Big L, inturn there would be no Rex and how many other Harlem battlers.

Take Pro Green, he lost to Jin twice, but yet beat Serius Jones, whether people like it or not, he inspired a shitload of people to start battlin in the UK and he fell off the fuckin stage and everyone laughed at him and it was a mini viral hit, but he was the 1st big name UK battler. Is Possessed/Stig better skill wise than him yes, but you cannot deny the impact Green had on the UK scene. Before all the WRC's really took off Pro Green was Jump Off
    test
  17. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

You make a lot of great points about Ness, and I think dude is dope, but in reality his inclusion would be just that, premature. I think Ness is great, but if we're debating on guys like Ars and Verb, then I don't think you can really say Ness should definitely be on.
    test
  18. My Name Is Bob

My Name Is Bob New Member

LOL @ Stock's sig..

he on RNT
    test
  19. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

nope just the person who made a thread and pushed for his inclusion on the list
    test
  20. 6thSense

6thSense Ashwin

Greg and kuntymcphuck... Understood.

But then again if his inclusion is too premature, it means he'll get on the next book if he keeps this up right? but who knows how many years down the line that may be? The market for it might not even be there (if battling ceases to exist at a prominent level). With that in mind, u think a honorable mention section will be included with a list of rappers who just missed?.. or u think that'd make the top 50 list less special or something?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.